CBSE Syllabus 2020-21
CBSE Syllabus for Class 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 & 12 is a detailed guide that gives all the information about the subjects and list of chapters and their topics that you will be studying through NCERT textbooks. You will also find below the number of hours allocated to each chapter in each subject. This gives a fair idea of how much time you should devote to each chapter. CBSE syllabus 2020-21 also provides the objectives related to every subject.
CBSE Curriculum also includes the exam pattern for every subject. This consists of the typology of the questions, weightage and distribution of marks in internal, external, board exams and practical exams. You can also find information about books that are recommended by CBSE for every subject in the syllabus.
Instasolv brings you a much-simplified version of the latest CBSE syllabus for Classes 6,7,8,9,10,11,12 at one place. You can also find the CBSE syllabus on the official website of Central Board of Secondary Education (www.cbse.nic.in). We have included all the important details of the Curriculum for each subject in an easy to understand language so that you are left with no confusion while studying. We would suggest that you stick with the official CBSE Curriculum while preparing for the exams. Do not study out of the syllabus, or you can study out of the syllabus once you first complete the CBSE syllabus 2020-21.
CBSE Board Syllabus 2020-21 for Classes 6 to 12
Now, let us consider the CBSE syllabus class-wise and see what subjects are included in which class. CBSE Curriculum is significant as it is structured and easy to understand. All the subjects are chosen to promote integrated learning. You will not only gain theoretical knowledge about the subjects but also be able to develop life skills, aptitude, problem-solving abilities and moral values.
Below you will find an in-depth discussion on the scholastic areas of CBSE curriculum 2020-21 for all classes and some important details about the CBSE Syllabus.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 6
CBSE Class 6 Syllabus 2020-21 includes 5 main subjects – English, Hindi, Maths, Science, and Social Science (History, Civics, Geography). You will be learning all the basics of these subjects in this class. It is the right time to build a great foundation for independent learning. You must go through the Curriculum to know what chapters you need to study and how much time should be devoted to each chapter.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 7
CBSE Class 7 syllabus 2020-21 includes 5 main subjects – English, Hindi, Maths, Science, and Social Science (History, Civics, Geography). The CBSE Curriculum will be of great use while creating your study schedule before the exams as it clearly defines the weightage for every chapter. You should prepare a schedule and study accordingly.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 8
In Class 8, CBSE includes 5 main subjects – English, Hindi, Maths, Science, and Social Science (History, Civics, Geography). The difficulty level of the subjects begins to rise from Class 8. The syllabus is designed in such a way that you gain in-depth knowledge of the concepts and enhance your interpretation and analytical skills.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 9
Class 9 CBSE syllabus 2020-21 includes 5 main subjects – English, Hindi, Maths, Science, and Social Science (History, Civics, Geography) along with ICT (Information and Communication Technology) and Health and Physical Education. As the number of subjects increases in class 9 so is the difficulty level. Read the Curriculum given by CBSE to know more about the exam pattern and how the inter assessments will be conducted.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 10
Class 10 CBSE syllabus 2020-21 includes 5 main subjects – English, Hindi, Maths, Science, and Social Science (History, Civics, Geography). Since you will be appearing in the board exams in this class, more focus will be given towards the main subjects. You must keep your syllabus handy at all times to ensure that you have not missed any topic of any subject. Plan your study schedule accordingly and keep plenty of time for practice and revisions in this class.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 11
From Class 11, the CBSE Board syllabus 2020-21 is divided into different streams such as Commerce, Science and Humanities. You are given a plethora of choices to pick up your subjects based on your preferred stream. Some of the main subjects of Class 11 are Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Accountancy, Maths, Entrepreneurship, English, Hindi, Psychology, Business Studies, Economics, Graphics Design, Fine Arts, Computer Science, and Creative Writing. Class 11 Curriculum is slightly tough as it forms the foundation for Class 12 subjects.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 12
Class 12 is an extension of what all you have learned in class 11. So the Curriculum of Class 12 is entirely based on the syllabus of Class 11. Based on your stream, you will be studying subjects like History, Geography, Political Science, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Economics, Accountancy, Sociology and Business Studies. Class 12 marks the end of your schooling hence, its syllabus is very important for your progress. The syllabus aims at enhancing your critical thinking, communication, technology and media literacy along with self-awareness and leadership.
Significant Features of CBSE Curriculum for Class 6 to 12
- CBSE provides a detailed and well-structured syllabus so that you have no issues in understanding the objectives of every subject.
- The syllabus has been keenly designed to provide you with adequate life skills and theoretical and practical knowledge about the subjects.
- The syllabus matches industry standards. It not only prepares you for your exams in school but also for national and international level olympiads and competitions.
- CBSE also pays a lot of attention to the application-based curriculum. It provides the perfect foundation for medical, engineering and other entrance tests and helps you build an aptitude accordingly through every academic year.
Why is the CBSE Curriculum 2020-21 Important to Refer?
- Determine the Expectations: The CBSE syllabus clearly defines the objectives and features of the curriculum. This gives you a clear understanding of what all will you gain in a particular class and what knowledge you are expected to have in order to study further.
- Marking Scheme: CBSE syllabus not only provides the weightage of all the chapters in a subject but also gives you a fair idea of how many marks are allocated for internal and external examinations. CBSE has introduced the concept of portfolios for quite a time now. The syllabus contains all the information on creating and submitting portfolios that are then assessed and marked by your teachers.
- Clear Exam Pattern: CBSE syllabus also provides the types of questions that you should expect in the exam and their weightage. For example, for CBSE class 9 and class 10, the typology of questions is given as remembering, understanding, applying, analysing, evaluating and crediting.
- Achieve Great Marks: As now you will be able to understand everything related to CBSE curriculum and exam pattern, learning can be done in an organised manner. You can prepare as per the exam pattern and marking scheme easily and all this will favour you in getting better marks.
CBSE Scholastic Areas
CBSE or The Central Board of Secondary Education offers a standard curriculum for all classes that all the schools affiliated by CBSE need to follow. CBSE Curriculum for all the subjects is based on the National Curriculum Framework 2005. Any changes in the syllabus are only made by CBSE. The syllabus includes the following scholastic areas of learning:
- Languages: CBSE gives an opportunity to learn three languages in Classes 6,7,8 and two languages in Class 9 and 10. CBSE syllabus aims to enhance your skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking so that you can adapt the language as per different situations, tasks and audiences.
- Social Science: In this learning area, you will inculcate the knowledge, values and skills about the cultural, historical and geographical aspects of our societies. This area is divided into History, Geography, Economics and Political Science subjects.
- Science: With the help of Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects, CBSE aims to teach you about the different phenomenon of nature. These subjects are very important to inculcate a scientific attitude towards the world.
- Mathematics: Sense of numbers and computation is the necessity of today’s world and CBSE ensures that you learn the best Mathematics skills through its distinguished curriculum.
Skills Subjects: CBSE promotes that life skills are significant for the development of a country and hence, offers you to learn subjects like information technology, finance, banking, marketing, fine arts, home science etc.