DC Pandey Capacitors Solutions
DC Pandey Electricity and Magnetism Solutions Chapter 22 ‘Capacitors’ is curated such that it becomes easy to grasp the concepts related to capacitance for Class 12. Topics such as capacitance, energy stored in a charged conductor, capacitors, mechanical force on the charged conductors that carry high weightage in exams are covered thoroughly in this chapter of DC Pandey Physics. You will also learn about the capacitors in series and parallel combinations, laws in capacitors, energy density, C-R circuits. After practising the questions in this chapter rigorously you will learn the methods to evaluate equivalent resistance and capacitance.
There are a total of 165 questions separated into three exercises according to the paper patterns of JEE Main and Advanced exams. The questions are arranged in the increasing order of difficulty levels so that you can adjust to the increasingly complicated questions gradually. Assertion-reasoning, match the columns, multiple-choice questions are all covered in the DC Pandey Electricity and Magnetism Capacitors Chapter exercise questions.
We have covered all the topics for you in a question-answer format in DC Pandey Capacitors solutions. Such an approach will help you to not only understand electrostatics but also make you ready to face the national level competitive exam with a robust foundation. Our experts double-check the solutions to ensure 100% accurate answers which makes Instasolv a reliable platform. You can significantly boost your knowledge by using our DC Pandey Capacitors solutions for JEE.
Important Topics for DC Pandey Electricity and Magnetism Solutions Chapter 22: Capacitors
Capacitance is the ability of a capacitor to store energy in the form of an electric charge. In other words, the capacitance is the storing ability of a capacitor. It is measured in farads.
Energy stored in a charged conductor
Work has to be done to transfer charges onto a conductor, against the force of repulsion from the already existing charges on it. This work is stored as the potential energy of the electric field of the conductor.
In general, if a conductor of capacity C is charged to a potential V by giving it a charge q, then
Capacitors are also known as Electric-condensers. A capacitor is a two-terminal electric component. It has the ability or capacity to store energy in the form of an electric charge. Capacitors are designed to enhance the effect of capacitance. Therefore, they take into account properties like size and shape.
Mechanical Force on Charged Conductor
Where F is the mechanical force, is the energy density, k is the proportionality constant and dS is the elementary surface area.
Capacitors in Series and Parallel
- Capacitors in Series: Capacitors are said to be connected in series if the second plate of one is connected with the first plate of the next and so on. This leaves the first plate of the first capacitor and the second plate of the last capacitors free plates
- Capacitors in Parallel: Consider two capacitors connected in parallel: i.e., with the positively charged plates connected to a common “input” wire, and the negatively charged plates attached to a common “output” wire.
Laws of Capacitance
Faraday suggested that by introducing a dielectric medium between the two electrodes of a capacitor can increase its capacitance by a factor called the dielectric constant K.
The energy in a capacitor can be calculated as,
Energy density is defined as the total energy per unit volume of the capacitor. It is denoted by U Since, Now, for a parallel plate capacitor,Hence,Here, A × d = Volume of space between plates to which electric field E = V / d is confined. Therefore, Energy stored per unit volume can be given by:
In this section, we will learn to calculate the equivalent capacitance and resistance of a circuit. We will come across various combinations of resistors and capacitors in this section of the chapter.
Exercise Discussion for DC Pandey Electricity and Magnetism Solutions Chapter 22: Capacitors
- There are questions about capacitance and evaluation of the energy stored in the charged conductors in exercise 22.1.
- In exercise 22.2, the questions are based on the mechanical force on the capacitors and the connection of capacitors in series and parallel combinations.
- In exercise 22.3, the questions are based on the applications of formulae of energy density and circuits that have a combination of capacitors and resistors.
AIEEE Corner (Now as JEE):
The topics covered in these exercises include applications of the energy stored in a charged conductor, capacitors, mechanical force on the charged conductors besides covering the other topics in the subjective as well as objective format of questions.
The topics are covered through advanced level problems of the recurring patterns in JEE Main and JEE Advance in this exercise. Important topics such as series and parallel combinations, laws in capacitors, energy density, and C-R Circuits are scoring in this exam and hence, are covered thoroughly in the exercise questions of JEE Corner.
Why Use DC Pandey Electricity and Magnetism Solutions Chapter 22: Capacitors by Instasolv?
We use the simplest methods possible to arrive at the answers for DC Pandey Electricity and Magnetism Capacitors in all the numerical problems.
- Instasolv experts have used easy language to prepare DC Pandey Electricity and Magnetism Capacitors solutions.
- You can use these solutions in your school exams as they adhere to the guidelines provided by CBSE.
- At Instasolv you will learn to manage time between the complex numerical problems to achieve the highest score.
- Instasolv provides you with a student-friendly platform such that you can get your doubts cleared as soon as you stumble upon them.
- Our answers to the questions of DC Pandey Electricity and Magnetism Capacitors are provided to you for free and in an easily accessible format.