DC Pandey Electromagnetic Induction Solutions
DC Pandey Electricity and Magnetism Solutions Chapter 24 ‘Electromagnetic Induction’ is curated to help you in Class 12 board exam preparation. You should also use DC Pandey Electricity and Magnetism book for JEE Physics preparation as it describes all JEE concepts in details. Topics such as capacitance, energy stored in a charged conductor, capacitors, mechanical force on the charged conductors that carry high weightage in exams are covered thoroughly DC Pandey Electricity and Magnetism Electromagnetic Induction.
You will also learn about the capacitors in series and parallel combinations, laws in capacitors, energy density, C-R circuits. After practising the questions in this chapter rigorously you will learn the methods to evaluate equivalent resistance and capacitance. A total of 198 questions are put together in three exercises in this chapter. These exercises are bases on the paper patterns of the JEE Main and Advanced exams. We have covered all the crucial topics of the chapter in DC Pandey Electricity and Magnetism Electromagnetic Induction Solutions.
At the Instasolv platform, studying for conceptual clarity and preparing for the exams is a simultaneous process. Our experts double-check the solutions to ensure 100% accurate answers which makes Instasolv a reliable platform. All the questions have been taken up our experienced physics faculty addressing the most complicated topics in the easiest possible manner. Using Instasolv as your source of reference with discipline will boost your rank in JEE exponentially among your batchmates.
Important Topics for DC Pandey Electricity and Magnetism Solutions Chapter 24: Electromagnetic Induction
Magnetic Field Lines And Magnetic Flux
Magnetic field lines are imaginary lines used to represent a magnetic field.
- They begin at the North Pole and finish at the South Pole.
- They are continuous through the body of a magnet.
- They can pass through ferromagnetic substances more easily than air.
- Two magnetic lines of force can not intersect with each other.
- They tend to contract longitudinally.
- They tend to expand laterally.
Faraday’s First Law:
Whenever there is a change in the magnetic flux (dΦ) associated with a coil electromotive force changes with time. This means its electromotive force is directly proportional to change in magnetic flux: E ⍺ dΦ
Because of this magnetic flux, the current is flowing through the circuit and if the current flows through the circuit there is some emf that is getting induced in the circuit.
Faraday’s Second Law:
The amount of the induced emf or electromotive force in a circuit is the same as the time rate of change of magnetic flux through the circuit.
- dΦ is the change in magnetic flux
- dt is the change in time
- the proportional constant = 1
According to Faraday’s law, there would be an induced emf. So, emf(using a negative sign in accordance with Lenz’s law mentioned below). This law is often employed in coils with N number of turns, therefore it is correct to say,
If we have to find the direction of the induced emf as per the Faraday’s Law, we employ the Lenz’s Law. According to Lenz’s Law, the direction of the current produced by the induced emf is against the magnetic field which is the main source.
Motional Electromotive Force
An emf induced by the movement of a conductor through a magnetic field is a motional electromotive force. The equation is given by
E = -vLB.
This equation is true as long as the velocity, field, and length are mutually perpendicular.
Self Inductance and Inductors
When the current is passed through a coil, the magnetic flux linked with the coil is directly proportional is the current.
If the magnetic flux is Φ for the current I, then Φ ⍺ I or Φ=L.I
Where L is constant, its value depends upon the shape and size of the coil medium and number of turns. It is called self-inductance or the coefficient of self-induction of the coil.
here, em = voltage induced in the secondary coil
And, I1=current flowing in the primary foil.
Exercise Discussion for DC Pandey Electricity and Magnetism Solutions Chapter 24: Electromagnetic Induction
- There are questions about magnetic field lines and magnetic flux in exercise 24.1.
- In exercise 24.2, the questions are based on Faraday’s First Law and Faraday’s Second Law of Electromagnetic Induction.
- In exercise 24.3, the questions are based on the applications Lenz’s Law.
- In exercises 24.4, the questions cover the motional electromotive force in detail.
- 24.5 and 24.6, the questions cover the topics- Self Inductance and Inductors, and Mutual Inductance respectively.
- Exercise 24.7 comprises questions based on the topics- growth and decay of the current in an L-R circuit.
- The questions in exercise 24.8 cover oscillations in L-C Circuit.
- In exercise 24.9, the questions are based on the topic of the induced electric field.
AIEEE Corner (Now a part of JEE):
The topics covered in these exercises include applications important laws covered in this chapter, self-inductance, inductors, mutual inductance, L-R and L-C circuits besides covering the other topics in the subjective as well as objective format of questions.
The topics are covered through advanced level problems of the recurring patterns in JEE Main and JEE Advance in this exercise. Important topics such as the magnetic flux, Faraday’s Laws, Lenz’s Law, oscillations in the L-C circuit, and current in the L-R circuit are among the most scoring topics in the joint entrance exam and are all covered in the exercise questions. You can solve these questions only after complete conceptual clarity.
Why Use DC Pandey Electricity and Magnetism Solutions Chapter 24: Electromagnetic Induction by Instasolv?
- Our DC Pandey Physics Book Solutions matter experts have used simple language in preparing DC Pandey Electricity and Magnetism Solutions for Electromagnetic Induction.
- You can anytime refer to DC Pandey Electromagnetic Induction Solutions for Class 12 exams.
- With the help of these solutions, you will learn to manage time between the complex numerical problems to achieve the highest score.
- Your sincerity coupled with the assistance of our subject matter experts can fetch you good marks in exams.
- Instasolv provides you with a student-friendly platform such that you can get your doubts cleared as soon as you stumble upon them.