DC Pandey Gravitation Solutions
DC Pandey Mechanics Part II Solutions for Chapter 10 ‘Gravitation’ are a perfect study material for JEE and Class 11 and Class 12 Physics. This chapter deals with topics like Newton’s Law of DC Pandey Solutions, acceleration due to gravity, Kepler’s Law and gravitational potential energy. In this chapter, you will also get to learn about the gravitational field, motion of satellites and binding energy. All the concepts in this chapter have been well explained through theory, diagrams and solved numerical problems.
The chapter contains a total of 4 exercises and two separate sections devoted to JEE and AIEEE (now JEE Mains) exams. All the questions in the competitive section have been added after thorough research of the previous year exam papers and the exam pattern. Overall the exercises aim at enhancing your understanding and developing a firm hold on all the concepts from the chapter. Once you engage with these questions you will be able to derive the relationship between gravitational field and potential, gravitational potential and energy, binding energy and gravitational acceleration.
Instasolv’s DC Pandey Mechanics Part II Gravitation Solutions are compiled by subject experts who are well versed with the curriculum and know what is best for your JEE Physics preparation. They have left no stone unturned in formulating an exceptional set of solutions to guide you in your JEE Mains and JEE Advanced preparations and ensure that you ace your exams.
Important Topics for DC Pandey Mechanics Part II Solutions Chapter 10: Gravitation
Newton’s Law of Gravitation
You would have studied about gravitation in your previous classes. In DC Pandey Mechanics Part II Gravitation, you will deal with an advanced version of gravitation and related numerical problems.
The force which attracts everybody in the universe towards other bodies is termed as Gravitational force. You will learn that in case of two bodies with different masses, the one with the heavier mass is known as source mass and the one with the lighter mass is termed as a test mass.
According to Newton’s Law of Gravitation, every particle in the universe attracts every other particle with a force which has a magnitude that is
- Directly proportional to the product of their masses
- Inversely proportional to the square of the distance between their centres.
With the help of these two postulates, you will also derive the dimensional formula of gravitation and the vector version of this formula. In this chapter, you will also get to know that the gravitational force is conservative in nature.
Kepler’s Law of Planetary Motion
In this chapter, you will be introduced to Kepler’s laws of planetary motion which are basically three laws that explain the motion of planets revolving around the sun.
His first law is termed as the law of orbits, the second law is known as the law of equal areas and the third law is known as the law of periods. His laws are primarily based on the relative motion of particles classified as bounded and unbounded motion. You will learn the mathematical representation of these laws in this chapter.
Exercise-wise Discussion of DC Pandey Mechanics Part II Solutions Chapter 10: Gravitation
Introductory Exercise 10.1
- The exercise has a total of 5 questions related to conservation of energy, the radius of curvature, and speed.
- All the questions are based on the introductory concepts and are simple formula based problems that would form a strong base for Class 11 and Class 12 Physics.
Introductory Exercise 10.2
- The exercise comprises 6 questions. These questions revolve around axis variations, work, mass and velocity.
- The exercise comprises numerical questions which deal with observation and application-based problems.
Introductory Exercise 10.3
- There are 4 questions in this exercise that consist of numerical problems which revolve around mechanical energy, escape velocity, gravitation constant, potential energy, kinetic energy, change in energies and energy barriers.
Introductory Exercise 10.4
- There are five questions in this exercise. These questions deal with escape velocity, satellite-related numerical problems, the revolution of satellites, planetary motion, momentum and conservation of energy.
AIEEE (now included in JEE)
- This section is divided into two exercises – Subjective questions and Objective Questions as expected in the competitive exams like JEE and NEET.
- The subjective questions contain 29 numerical-based questions. These deal with the concepts of gravitational potential energy, Kepler’s law, planets and satellites, collision and binary star system.
- The objective questions contain 28 problems which revolve around the concepts of equilateral triangles, the relationship between mass and time, external force component, the velocity of projection and gravitational potential energy of a body.
- The exercise has a total of 5 sections each having separate kinds of problems as per the latest JEE exam pattern.
- It begins with Assertion and Reason, which has 11 questions. These deal with the concepts of the orbital speed of satellites, equatorial plane, angular momentum, potential and mass constant.
- The second section comprises 24 Objective Questions which are all numerical based questions. These deal with concepts like gravitational attraction, radius and revolution time graph and gravitational field intensity.
- There is another section More than One Correct Option and it has 10 problems which deal with gravitational field strength, twin projectiles, velocity, potential energy and momentum.
- The second last exercise is Match the Columns and it has 5 different sets of information which tackle gravitational field strength, the kinetic energy of satellite, field strength, gravitational potential at the centre and kinetic energy.
- The last section comprises 15 Subjective Questions. These include numerical questions which utilize the concept of the gravitational field, circular orbit, satellite height, acceleration due to gravity, coefficient of restitution and projectile of mass.
Why Use DC Pandey Mechanics Part II Solutions Chapter 10: Gravitation
- Our solutions for DC Pandey Mechanics Part II Solutions for Gravitation will give a great boost to your JEE and NEET preparations.
- We ensure that all our DC Pandey solutions are presented in an easy and stepwise manner to simplify the course of learning.
- Our solutions also include the latest exam trends for Class 11 and Class 12 for your better learning.
- Our solutions for DC Pandey Mechanics Part II Gravitation Solutions will assist you in resolving all your doubts at a single platform to help you save time and enhance your learning.
- No question from the entire chapter has been left untouched.
- We promote a stress-free and productive learning format.
- Our solutions for DC Pandey Mechanics Part II Gravitation Solutions are very easy to access and absolutely free of cost.