DC Pandey Work, Energy and Power Solutions
DC Pandey Mechanics Part 1 Solutions for Chapter 6 ‘Work, Energy, and Power’ put forth all the important concepts that are required to understand the mechanics behind work, energy, and power. In this chapter of DC Pandey Physics, you will be solving questions related to work done by a constant force, work done by a variable force, conservative and non-conservative force field, kinetic energy, work-energy theorem, potential energy, the law of conservation of mechanical energy and types of equilibrium.
DC Pandey Work Energy and Power Chapter has 4 exercises and separate sections devoted to IIT JEE Physics preparation. The questions included in this portion have been carefully selected after analyzing the previous year exam papers of JEE Mains and Advanced and a thorough study of the question patterns. Once you engage with our DC Pandey Work Energy and Power solutions, you will learn how to determine the acceleration of an object with the help of friction, the relationship between power and force, an extension of spring depending on the mass attached to its end and other concepts regarding energy and conversion of energy from one form to another.
Instasolv’s DC Pandey Mechanics Part 1 Work, Energy, and Power Solutions have been formulated after thorough research about the learning requirements of students for JEE Physics preparation. With the guidance of our experts, nothing can stop you from achieving your goal and cracking all competitive exams.
Important Topics for DC Pandey Mechanics Part 1 Chapter 6: Work, Energy, and Power
Mechanism of a spring
In this chapter of the DC Pandey Mechanics Part 1, you will come across the concept of how a spring works. You will learn about the change from potential energy to the kinetic energy or vice versa while a spring changes its position and state from stretched to relaxed scenarios. The chapter will help you get well versed with the different conditions in which a body is attached to a spring and the relation between its mass and energy.
Work Done by Friction
Chapter 6 ‘Work, Energy, and Power’ will also take you through the basics of friction and its relation with work. You will learn the formula
Work was done = fs Cos π
where f denotes the force of friction and s denotes the displacement.
The chapter includes numerical where you will have to apply the concept of friction with respect to a slant surface or a position that is raised above the ground, such that it forms a right-angled triangle with the initial position and the final position of the body that is displayed on its surface.
Conversion of energy
In DC Pandey Work Energy and Power, you will also learn to detect the conversion of energy based on its scenario and state. For example, when you will deal with bodies like a spring, you will learn how the relaxed state exercises potential energy whereas the moment it is stretched, the entire process of change in it’s initial state changes it’s energy from potential to kinetic energy. The mathematical equations formulated for such cases have been discussed in the chapter in detail. This is a very important topic from the point of competitive exams as it covers a lot of logical and numerical problems.
Exercise Discussion of DC Pandey Mechanics Part 1 Chapter 6: Work, Energy, and Power
Introductory Exercise 6.1
- This exercise is named as the introductory exercise 6.1 as it comprises of the basics that have been introduced at the very beginning of the chapter.
- The exercise has a total of 7 questions based on the understanding and application of concepts like work done by the force of friction, the potential energy of a spring, and work done by a string.
Introductory Exercise 6.2
- This exercise comprises of a total of 7 questions that deal with concepts like acceleration, force and potential energy at rest
- The formulas used to solve these questions have already been taught in your previous classes therefore the questions are not much difficult to solve.
Introductory Exercise 6.3
- The third exercise contains a total of 5 questions.
- All of these questions deal with the potential energy of string, extension of the spring, decrease in the potential energy, and kinetic energy of the spring.
Introductory Exercise 6.4
- This exercise has a total of 6 questions related to instantaneous power, velocity, and time.
- You will also get to use the formula of energy and the concept of equilibrium in this exercise.
- Along with a conceptual approach you will need to use your logical capacity to observe the given situations and derive answers to the numerical
- The chapter contains a separate corner for aspirants of AIEEE (which has now been merged into JEE). The questions given in this section have been carefully picked according to their probability of appearing in the exam and the records of past AIEEE question papers.
- This section has further been divided into subjective questions, objective questions. The subjective questions have a total of 32 questions and the objective questions section has a total of 39 problems.
- These exercises include reasoning questions, logical problems, some direct formula based questions, and numerical.
- This is another section included in the exercise and it is devoted to the important questions for JEE exams.
- This exercise includes 12 multiple-choice questions where you along with finding the answer you are also required to reason and justify your choice. These contain numerical, theory-based questions and analytical problems.
- The JEE Corner also has 33 objective questions based on concepts like mass per unit of a chain, the momentum of a string, and power.
- The exercise also comprises of 6 ‘More than one correct option’ questions.
Why use DC Pandey Mechanics Solutions Part 1 Chapter 6: Work, Energy, and Power by Instasolv?
- Our team of subject specialists has ensured that all the solutions are presented in a student-friendly manner and easy language.
- Our DC Pandey Mechanics Part 1 Solutions have all the important study material from the chapter compiled in one place.
- We make sure that you get enough confidence to answer any kind of question which can be framed from the chapter. The best thing about Instasolv’s solutions for DC Pandey Mechanics Part 1 Work Energy and Power is that they are free of cost and absolutely easy to access!