HC Verma Friction Solutions (Chapter 6)
HC Verma Solutions for Class 11 Physics Part-1 Chapter 6 makes you understand the main concepts related to friction. It is an interesting chapter of HC Verma Class 11 Physics Solutions that makes you familiar with the terms like Friction as the Component of Contact Force, Kinetic Friction, Static Friction, Laws of Friction, Understanding Friction at Atomic Level, A Laboratory Method to Measure, and Friction Coefficient. These HC Verma Chapter 5 Solutions for Class 11 Physics are provided by Instasolv to help you learn and find the best answers for every question that is available in this chapter.
This chapter consists of a total of 18 questions. To help you find the right answer to all the questions, we are providing here the HC Verma Problems with Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 6 prepared by our subject matter experts. Practising the questions of this chapter will help you to score good marks in the CBSE exams.
All these HC Verma Class 11 Chapter 6 Solutions are prepared by expert teachers of Physics who are very experienced. A complete explanation of each question is given in the solutions and they are written in the simplest language so that you can understand the same with ease. We have undergone thorough research to get accurate solutions for you. Follow now and you can access them for free!
Important Topics for HC Verma Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 6 – Friction
The Force of Friction
The normal force is one element of the contact force between two substances, acting perpendicular to their interface. Friction always acts to compete with any relative motion between planes. For an example of a book resting on a flat table, the frictional force is zero.
Kinetic friction is described as a force that acts between moving planes. A body moving on the plane experiences a force in the opposite direction of its movement. The magnitude of the force will rely on the coefficient of kinetic friction between the two resources.
Static friction is the friction that occurs between a static object and the plane on which it’s inactive. Once the substances have already started moving, kinetic friction takes over.
Laws of Friction
The laws of friction for two entities in contact with each other are provided as follows:
- If the two frames in contact with each other are sliding over each other, or having relative motion with respect to each other, the friction that is included is kinetic friction and is provided by:
Fk = µkN
Fk = kinetic friction
µk = coefficient of kinetic friction
N = Normal reaction force
- The direction of this kinetic friction on a substance is opposite to the direction of the relative velocity of the substance with respect to the other substance.
Let’s take body X moving over body Y in the positive x-direction, then the kinetic frictional force on body X will refer to it in the negative x-direction.
- The maximum value of static friction is attained when any item is just on the edge of motion. The friction at this point is also termed as limiting friction. Limiting friction is always somewhat greater than the kinetic friction, and is provided by:
fmax = µs N
fmax = limiting friction
µs = coefficient of static friction
N = Normal reaction force
Exercise-wise Discussion for HC Verma Solutions Class 11 Physics Chapter 6 – Friction
Exercise 1 – Short Answer Type Questions
Exercise 1 of HC Verma Friction Solutions contains 11 short answer type questions with solutions. Follow now for your better understanding of the concept.
Exercise 2 – Objective Type Questions I
You‘ll find 10 multiple-choice questions in this exercise of Chapter 6 – Friction. These questions are based on Friction as the Component of Contact Force, Kinetic Friction, Static Friction, Laws of Friction, Understanding Friction at Atomic Level, A Laboratory Method to Measure, and Friction Coefficient. In these questions, you are required to choose the correct answer out of the four options given.
Exercise 3 – Objective Type Questions II
This exercise consists of 5 objective type questions. These are high order thinking questions and will help you improve your analytical skills.
Exercise 4 – Long Answer Type Questions
This exercise consists of a total of 31 long answer type questions. Practice well to clear your concepts.
Why Use HC Verma Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 6 – Friction by Instasolv?
- HC Verma Solutions are highly recommended study tools to prepare proficiently during entrance exam preparation like IIT, NEET, and more.
- These solutions are highly recommended that you should go through these questions and answers and practice them in order to develop better skills and prepare efficiently.
- You can clear any of your doubts with respect to the main topics discussed in the chapter and they can apparently practise problems to master the subject.
- You can get the best quality and consistent HC Verma Class 11 Physics Problems and Solutions from Instasolv.
- Referring to these HC Verma Friction Exercise & Solutions, you can clear all your doubts related to the main topics of the chapter by just one click.