HC Verma Gravitation Solutions (Chapter 11)
HC Verma Chapter 11 Solutions for Class 11 Physics Part-1 deals with the concepts of the gravitational force of attraction and linear momentum of substances when the gravitational force is applied upon them. In this chapter of HC Verma Class 11 Solutions, you will also study the measurement of gravitational constant G, gravitational potential energy, gravitational potential, gravitational field, Kepler’s Laws, escape velocity, gravitational binding energy, the relation between the gravitational field and potential, and inertial and gravitational mass.
There are a total of 27 questions in this chapter of HC Verma Concepts of Physics Part 1. All these solutions are prepared by the subject matter experts at Instasolv. While preparing the HC Verma Solutions, our experts always keep in mind the patterns that are being followed by CBSE for Class 11 Physics Part 1 subject to help you prepare the solutions accordingly. We have a team of a well-qualified and skilled team that prepares such study materials in an easy and simplified language for a better understanding of learners like you. Thus, our solutions equally support you to score well in your CBSE exams.
The HC Verma Class 11 Physics Part 1 Solutions provided by Instasolv are detailed yet in simple language to ensure that you have a better overall understanding of Chapter 11 ‘Gravitation.’ With the help of these solutions, you will also be able to handle any type of questions in CBSE Class 11 exams easily. These solutions also aim at helping you to enhance your problem-solving skills for exams like JEE. Follow now for free.
Important Topics for HC Verma Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 11 – Gravitation
Gravitational Potential Energy
Gravitational potential energy refers to the energy that an object owns because of its location in a gravitational field. The most famous use of gravitational potential energy is for a body near the surface of the Earth where the gravitational acceleration can be expected to be continuous at about 9.8 m/s2.
The gravitational potential at a position is equivalent to the work per unit mass that would be required to move a body to that position from a static reference location. It is similar to the electric potential with mass performing the role of charge.
A gravitational field is an activity used to describe the effect that an enormous body spreads into the space around itself, creating a force on another enormous body. Thus, a gravitational field is used to clarify the gravitational occurrences and is calculated in newtons per kilogram.
Kepler’s laws of planetary motion are three methodical laws defining the motion of planets around the Sun.
- Kepler’s first law describes that planets are orbiting the sun in a path defined as an ellipse.
- Kepler’s second law of planetary motion defines the speed of a planet moving in an elliptical orbit around the sun. It describes that a line between the sun and the planet bends similar areas at similar times. Therefore, the speed of the planet rises as it nears the sun and reduces as it moves away from the sun.
- Kepler’s third law explains that the square of the orbital period of a planet is directly proportional to the cube of the semi-major axis of its orbit. This describes the relationship between the distance of planets from the Sun and their orbital periods.
Escape velocity is the lowest speed required for a free, non-propelled body to escape from the gravitational effect of an enormous body, that is, to accomplish an infinite distance from it. Escape velocity is the role of the mass of the object and distance to the centre of mass of the body.
Exercise-wise Discussion for HC Verma Solutions Class 11 Physics Chapter 11 – Gravitation
Exercise 1 – Short Answer Type Questions
The first exercise of Gravitation has around 19 questions which are short answer type questions based on the study of the measurement of gravitational constant G, gravitational potential energy, gravitational potential, gravitational field, and Kepler’s Laws.
Exercise 2 – Objective Type Questions I
Exercise 2 of HC Verma Concepts of Physics Part 1 Solutions for Gravitation consists of 17 questions that are multiple-choice questions.
Exercise 3 – Objective Type Questions II
This exercise of Chapter 11 Gravitation has around 6 questions which are also objective type questions. Practising these questions will help you clear your concepts.
Exercise 4 – Long Answer Type Questions
Exercise 4 of HC Verma Solutions for Part1 Physics Gravitation Chapter consists of a total of 39 questions which are long answer type questions.
Why Use HC Verma Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 11 – Gravitation by Instasolv?
- HC Verma Class 11 Physics Solutions provided by Instasolv will provide good preparation for you to score high marks in the exams.
- These solutions illustrate the concepts of Physics and other related difficulties in the most comprehending manner.
- Referring to these solutions, you will be provided with some extra important questions along with solutions for better preparation of the CBSE exam as well as the competitive exams like JEE.
- You will also be able to track the concepts that you have prepared and the topics that need to be prepared to avoid any confusion.
- The solutions of HC Verma Concepts of Physics Part 1 Chapter 11 – Gravitation are handy and you can access them easily from anywhere and at any time for free.