HC Verma Magnetic Field Solutions (Chapter 34)
HC Verma Solutions for Class 12 Physics Part-2 Chapter 34 Magnetic Field will help you understand the chapter in a much better way. The solutions will further assist you to study at your own pace in a much efficient manner. Referring to these HC Verma Class 12 Physics Solutions, you can also increase your question-solving efficiency which will help you in scoring good marks in your Class 12 board exams.
HC Verma Concepts of Physics Magnetic Field Solutions has 4 main exercises with a total of 91 questions. It is an important chapter to study from a competitive exams point of view also. Our experts have a strong base for NEET, JEE Mains, and JEE Advanced Physics. Referring to these solutions you will attain perfection in answering different kinds of questions easily.
Some of the main topics of the HC Verma Class 12 Physics Solutions for Magnetic Field include magnetic field, the relation between electric and magnetic fields, and torque one a current loop, magnetic force on a current-carrying wire, and motion of a charged particle in a uniform magnetic field. Our experts have explained all the concepts in a comprehensive manner in the solutions. They have undergone thorough research to get accurate solutions for you. So, revising the chapter with the help of solutions provided by us will help you to perform better. Follow the solutions now!
Important Topics for HC Verma Concepts of Physics Part-2 Solutions Chapter 34: Magnetic Field
A magnetic field is a field of the vector that defines the magnetic effect of electric charges in relative motion and magnetized constituents. A charge that is moving parallel to a current of other charges practices a force perpendicular to its own velocity.
Difference between Electric and Magnetic Fields
- It generates an electric charge in the atmosphere
- Calculated as newton per coulomb, volt per meter
- It is proportional for the electric charge
- They are perpendicular to the magnetic field
- The electric field is calculated using an electrometer
- It generates an electric charge around moving magnets
- Calculated as gauss or tesla
- It is proportional to the speed of electric charge
- They are perpendicular to the electric field
- The magnetic field is calculated using a magnetometer
Torque on a Current Loop
A uniform magnetic field applies no net force on a current loop but it does apply a net torque. Let’s suppose, the magnetic field is in the plane of the loop and is parallel to two sides. If the loop has a width x, x-height y, and x current I, then the force on each of the left and right sides is F = IBB.
Magnetic Force On a Current-carrying Wire
The magnetic field applies a force on a current-carrying wire in a direction provided by the right-hand rule 1 (the same direction as that on the individual moving charges). The force on an individual charge moving at the drift velocity ‘VD’ is represented by
F = qvdB sin θ
Exercise-wise Discussion for HC Verma Concepts of Physics Part-2 Solutions Chapter 34: Magnetic Field
Exercise 1 –Short Answer Type Questions
The first exercise of the chapter has around 10 questions which are short answer type questions and are based on the concepts of HC Verma Magnetic Field Solutions.
Exercise 2 –Multiple Choice Questions I
This exercise of HC Verma Solutions Concepts of Physics Magnetic Field Solutions is considered a very important exercise from the entrance exam point of view. It contains a total of 10 multiple-choice questions based on the topics including the magnetic field, the relation between electric and magnetic fields, and torque one current loop. Solving the questions of this exercise will help you understand how clear your concepts are.
Exercise 3 –Multiple Choice Questions II
In this exercise, there are 10 multiple-choice questions based on a magnetic force on a current-carrying wire. In these questions, you will have two or more options correct. These questions are considered important while preparing for competitive exams like IIT JEE and NEET.
Exercise 4 –Long Answer Type Questions
This is the last exercise of the chapter. It consists of a total of 61 questions which are long answer type questions. These questions are related to the motion of a charged particle in a uniform magnetic field. Practice well to have a better understanding of the chapter.
Why Use HC Verma Concepts of Physics Part-2 Solutions Chapter 34: Magnetic Field by Instasolv?
- HC Verma Class 12 Physics Solutions for Magnetic Field are created by highly qualified subject matter experts at Instasolv.
- The solutions are prepared on the basis of the latest syllabus approved by CBSE.
- To understand all the concepts of “Magnetic Field” and start from scratch, we would recommend you to refer to HC Verma Solutions.
- During the revision of the board exams as well as the competitive exams like IIT JEE and NEET, you can rely on our HC Verma Concepts of Physics Part 2 Solutions.
- Our Physics teachers have prepared an explanation of each question in the chapter for your ease of learning.
- These solutions are easy to comprehend, and the best part is you can access them for free.