HC Verma Optical Instruments Solutions (Chapter 19)
HC Verma Solutions for Class 11 Physics Part-1 Optical Instruments will help you understand the concepts of optical instruments for CBSE, JEE and NEET exams. There are 4 exercises in this chapter with a total of 52 questions. The HC Verma Optical Instruments Solutions given by Instasolv explains the concepts of the chapter in the best language possible for you. If you want to score good marks in the Class 11 Physics exam, you must solve all the exercises questions of this chapter.
Referring to HC Verma Solutions Concepts of Physics Part 1 Optical Instruments Solutions will help you to attain a better understanding of topics. This chapter introduces some very important concepts such as the eye, the apparent size, simple microscope, compound microscope, telescope, defects of vision, resolving power of a microscope and a telescope, etc. Along with solving the HC Verma Chapter 19 questions, understand the explanation that has been given by the experts at Instasolv. This chapter must be studied with utmost sincerity because it is considered important from a competitive exam point of view.
Our subject matter experts have done enough research on every topic to create HC Verma Physics Part 1 Optical Instruments Solutions for you. It is requested to solve all the exercises given at the end of the lesson and also the experiments that have been given within the chapter. For this will help you to grasp the concepts in a perfect manner. Also, ensure that you don’t miss the solved examples given within the chapter.
Important Topics for HC Verma Concepts of Physics Part-1 Solutions Chapter 19: Optical Instruments
Eyes are organs that help us to see. They offer animals with vision, the capability to receive and develop visual detail, as well as allowing numerous photo response functions that are liberated of vision. Eyes discover light and translate it into electro-chemical impulses in neurons.
The Apparent Size
The apparent diameter of a celestial object is the diameter calculated by the viewer at a distinct distance from the object. The greater the apparent diameter, the smaller will be the distance between the viewer and the object. Apparent diameter is also known as angular diameter.
A simple microscope is an instrument that uses a single lens for enlargement like a magnifying glass. This microscope uses a lens to increase the size of an object by using angular magnification alone and gives an erect enlarged virtual image to the observer.
An appliance that is used to view amplified images of small objects on a glass slide is known as a compound microscope. This microscope can attain a higher level of enlargement than stereo or other low power microscopes and decrease chromatic aberration.
A telescope is an optical appliance that appears objects far away by amplifying them using an arrangement of curved lenses or mirrors, or different devices used to observe faraway objects by their absorption, emission, or reflection of electromagnetic radiation.
Defects of Vision
Defects of vision are divided into three types: myopia, hypermetropia, and presbyopia. All these defects can only be rectified by the use of appropriate spherical lenses.
- In myopia, a person can see nearby objects clearly but cannot see far away objects clearly. This defect of vision is also known as near-sightedness.
- In hypermetropia, a person can see far away objects clearly but cannot see nearby objects clearly. This defect of vision is also known as farsightedness.
- In presbyopia, the power of vision of the eye decreases with ageing. In this defect, people find it difficult to see nearby objects clearly and far away objects without corrective eye-glasses.
Exercise-wise Discussion for HC Verma Concepts of Physics Part-1 Solutions Chapter 19: Optical Instruments
Exercise 1 – Short Answer Type Questions
Exercise 1 of HC Verma Part 1 Optical Instruments Solutions consists of a total of 12 short answer type questions. These questions are based on important topics including the eye, the apparent size, simple microscope, compound microscope, telescope, defects of vision, resolving power of a microscope and a telescope. Practising these questions will help you clear your concepts on the optical instruments.
Exercise 2 – Objective Type Questions I
In this exercise of HC Verma Class 11 Physics Solutions Concepts of Physics Optical Instruments, there are around 11 questions which are multiple-choice questions based on several important concepts of Chapter 19.
Exercise 3 – Objective Type Questions II
This exercise of HC Verma Optical Instruments Solutions has around 5 questions which are also multiple-choice questions. Practising these questions will help you clear your concepts.
Exercise 4 – Long Answer Type Questions
This exercise consists of a total of 24 questions. They are long answer type questions where you will find detailed solutions to the problems.
Why Use HC Verma Concepts of Physics Part-1 Solutions Chapter 19: Optical Instruments by Instasolv?
- Instasolv is committed to creating informative and supportive solutions for you to help you make your concepts stronger.
- These HC Verma Part 1 Solutions for Class 11 will make you familiar with the pattern of the exam.
- Our experts understand the needs and standards to produce an easily comprehensible explanation of questions available in Optical Instruments Chapter.
- Another crucial advantage is that we are giving all solutions on a single page. Therefore, you need not get worried and check all over for that. You can visit this page to access the HC Verma Optical Instruments Solutions with ease.
- Following the solutions, you can not only prepare for the CBSE exams as well as competitive exams like JEE and NEET.