Lakhmir Singh Biology Class 10 Solutions Control and Coordination (Chapter 2)
Lakhmir Singh Solutions for Class 10 Biology Chapter 2 describes the basic needs of all human beings to be able to control and coordinate all kinds of actions they use. In this chapter of Lakhmir Singh Solutions, you will understand why control and coordination are important for major movements in the body. Chapter 2 – control and coordination has around 10 exercises with a total of 231 questions. All the questions are according to the latest NCERT pattern.
The main topics of Chapter 2 of Lakhmir Singh Solutions for Class 10 Biology include types of nerves, neuron structure, explanation of the nervous system along with its different parts, reflex action, impulse conduction, spinal cord, an overview on the human brain, ECG, photoperiodic, and different types of hormones. With the help of the solutions provided by our experts at Instasolv, you can understand them well.
We have undergone thorough research to get accurate solutions for you. We have arranged the Lakhmir Singh Biology Class 10 Solutions for Chapter 2 so that you can go through them one at a time and step up the ladder of self-confidence as you go through them. Also, you can follow the solutions anywhere and at any time.
Important Topics for Lakhmir Singh Solutions for Class 10 Biology Chapter 2
Here, some main topics and sub-topics of Chapter 2 – Control and Coordination are described below. Refer to have a clear understanding of the chapter.
Introduction to Control & Coordination
- Organisms move in response to different kinds of stimuli like heat, light, nutrients/food, mate, etc.
- All the actions in animals are controlled and coordinated by the nervous and endocrine systems.
- Hormones are chemical messengers that support the nervous system in carrying out different functions. They are produced by endocrine glands.
- Hormones in plants synchronize the movements.
The structural and functional unit of the nervous system is called a neuron. Each neuron has three main parts including dendrites, cell bodies, and axons.
- Dendrites take impulses from other neurons.
- Cyton/soma processes the impulse.
- Axon conveys the impulse, either to another neuron or to muscles.
Central Nervous System
The central nervous system of a human body consists of the brain and the spinal cord. The brain has different parts. Functions of those parts are:
- The cerebrum is accountable for emotions, reasoning, logic, memory, speech, visual processing, etc.
- Pons transmit signals from hindbrain to forebrain.
- Cerebellum controls and coordinates body movements, posture, and balance.
- Medulla Oblongata controls all involuntary movements like vomiting, yawning, sneezing, heartbeat, blood pressure, breathing, etc.
- Medulla oblongata endures as the spinal cord which runs through the vertebral column and it monitors reflex actions.
The sudden and involuntary reaction of the body in response to stimuli is known as a reflex action.
Control and coordination in plants are controlled by hormones. Different types of hormones and their functions are listed below:
- Auxin: It helps in the growth of plant tissue.
- Cytokinin: It helps in cell division and delays the ageing of cells
- Gibberellins: It helps in the growth of stems, recruits seed germination, supports flowering, cell division, and seed growth after germination
- Abscisic acid: It prevents the growth and causes wilting of leaves, supports dormancy of buds and seeds
- Ethylene: This is a gaseous hormone that sources the ripening of fruits.
Exercise-Wise Discussion of Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur Solutions of Class 10 Biology Chapter 2 – Control and Coordination
Lakhmir Singh Biology Class 10 Solutions Chapter 2 – Control and Coordination consists of 10 exercises with a total of 231 questions in total. Here below, experts at Intsasolv has provided the exercise-wise discussion for Lakhmir Singh Solutions of Class 10 Biology.
Exercise 1 (Page -92)
The first exercise of the chapter has around 16 questions which are very short answer type questions. These questions are based on the importance of control and coordination in the human body.
Exercise 2 (Page – 93)
This exercise has around 21 questions which are entirely based on topics like types of nerves, neuron structure, explanation of the nervous system along with its different parts, and reflex action.
Exercise 3 (Page – 94)
This exercise set has a total of 15 questions in which you need to give proper reasoning of the situation mentioned.
Exercise 4 (Page – 94)
This exercise set has a total of 31 questions in which you need to choose the right answer from the options available.
Exercise 5 (Page – 95)
This exercise set has a total of 9 questions in which you need to tell the reasoning why a situation happened. This exercise also has a diagram question which makes it easier for you to understand the question.
Exercise 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 have around more than 160 questions that cover different other topics of the chapter. If you face issues in solving the questions, you can refer to Lakhmir Singh Solutions for Chapter 2 prepared by the experts at Instasolv.
Benefits of Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur Solutions for Class 10 Biology Chapter 2 – Control and Coordination
Instasolv provides advanced methods to study online. Due to this reason, it stands out of all other platforms. Some of the other benefits provided here are as follows:
- We have re-purposed the teaching process and updated it in a way that it can aid you in every way.
- Our experts have prepared the solutions to present the complex topics of Chapter 2 in the simplest manner.
- We provide step by step solutions for all the problems provided in class 10 Biology Chapter 2 as per the latest CBSE guidelines.
- Our Lakhmir Singh Solutions for Class 10 Biology, formulated by expert teachers make it simple for you to revise chapter 2 easily.
- The solutions offered by Instasolv are updated regularly, which is to the point, detailed and at the same time provides an in-depth overview of the chapter.