Lakhmir Singh Science Class 8 Solutions Chemical Effects of Electric Current (Chapter 14)
Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur Solution for Class 8 Science Chapter 14 – Chemical Effects of Electric Current describe the fundamentals of electric current and how it works. All the concepts are explained with diagrams, step by step procedure points to remember, shortcuts for numerical problems and guidelines to remember formulae.
Other main topics of this chapter of Lakhmir Singh Solutions for Class 8 Science include electricity conductivity of liquids, chemical effects of electric current, electroplating, how electricity passes through liquids, why electricity doesn’t pass through the poor conductors, what are the excellent conductors through which electricity can move quickly, what stops electricity from passing through poor conductors, and what are its mechanisms.
Lakhmir Singh Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 14 has 5 exercises with 76 questions. All the questions are related to the major topics covered in Chapter 14 ‘Chemical Effects of Electric Current’. Our subject matter experts have created clear and concise solutions for Lakhmir Singh Chapter 14 to help you find all the answers instantly.
Important Topics for Lakhmir Singh Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 14 – Chemical Effects of Electric Current
Can Liquids Conduct Electricity?
- Not all liquids can conduct electricity. Though, some of them can be considered as good conductors of electricity while others are known to be poor conductors of electricity.
- The solution of acids and bases also conducts electricity.
- Water consisting of salts and minerals dissolved in it always conducts electricity.
- Distilled water which does not comprise any salts cannot conduct electricity.
How do Liquids Conduct Electricity?
- Different materials when mixed in water and electricity is delivered through them can break apart and form positive and negative ions in the water.
- These ions can pass the electric current over them.
- The more is the number of ions in a liquid the improved conductor is of electricity.
- That is why distilled water is not a good conductor of electricity but saltwater is a good conductor of electricity.
- On the other hand, many compounds do not form any ions on mixing them with water, so they are poor conductors of electricity such as sugar water, oil, and alcohol.
What is Electrolysis?
The effect in which constituents of a composite get split due to passing an electric current through it is termed as electrolysis.
Chemical Effects of Electric Current
We know that when an electric current goes through a solution it ionizes and breaks down into ions. It is due to the chemical reactions that take place when an electric current passes through a solution. Depending on the nature of the solution and the types of electrodes used, the following effects can be detected in the solution:
- Metallic deposits on the electrodes
- Change in the colour of the solution
- A release of gas or production of bubbles in the solution
Electroplating is a process in which a layer of metal is placed on another solid with the help of electricity. It is used in several industries for depositing a layer of metal with preferred characteristics on another metal. There are different metals that are used for electroplating including Chromium, Nickel, Copper, Tin, Brass, Gold, Silver, Zinc, and Platinum.
Exercise-Wise Discussion of Lakhmir Singh Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 14 – Chemical Effects of Electric Current
Lakhmir Singh Class 8 Science Solutions Chapter 14 has 5 exercises with 76 questions. Here, you will find the exercise-wise solutions in a step-by-step manner, making it easy for you to learn the topics in no time.
Exercise 1 – Very Short Answer Type Questions
The first exercise of the chapter has around 25 questions which are very short answer type questions based on the fundamentals of electric current and how it works.
Exercise 2 –Short Answer Type Questions
This exercise of Chapter 14 – Chemical Effects of Electric Current has around 16 questions which are short answer type questions. Practising these questions will help you clear your concepts.
Exercise 3 –Long Answer Type Questions
Exercise 14.3 of Lakhmir Singh Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 14 consists of a total of 10 questions which are long answer type questions. Practising these questions will help you in preparing for your CBSE exams well.
Exercise 4 –Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
Exercise 4 of Lakhmir Singh Solutions for Chapter 14 consists of 20 questions that are multiple-choice questions.
Exercise 5 – Questions Based on High Order Thinking
This is the last exercise of the chapter and has around 5 questions which are based on high order thinking.
With the solutions provided by Instasolv, you can now do a complete revision of Chapter 14 – Chemical Effects of Electric Current before the exams.
Benefits of Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 14 – Chemical Effects of Electric Current
- The Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur Solutions for Class 8 Science help you in scoring high marks in the exam.
- Our experts have provided a detailed explanation and step by step procedure of solving the questions.
- All the solutions are based on the latest syllabus released by NCERT and majorly cover all the topics of the chapters in a well-structured format.
- The solutions are developed by qualified experts who are well-versed with the different techniques of teaching.
- Covering all the important topics of the chapters in systemic order is one of the major benefits this Lakhmir Singh Solutions for Class 8 Science provide to you.
Follow the solutions provided by Instasolv now to excel in your exams!