Lakhmir Singh Science Class 8 Solutions Some Natural Phenomena (Chapter 15)
Lakhmir Singh Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 15 – Some Natural Phenomena illustrates phenomena of nature such as lightning and earthquakes. The effects, causes, properties, and magnitude of lightning are discussed in the chapter. Other main topics of the chapter include lightning, charging by rubbing, transfer of charge, types of charge and their interaction, the story of lightning, lightning safety, and earthquakes.
All the topics of this Lakhmir Singh Solutions for Chapter 15 are explained well with the help of examples and pictorial representation. Following the Lakhmir Singh Solutions for Chapter 15 provided by Instasolv will not only help you to understand the topics easily but also helps in learning Science in a broad spectrum.
In chapter 15 of Lakhmir Singh Class 8 Science Solutions, there are around 5 exercises with a total of 84 questions. You can get 100 percent accurate and precise solutions for Chapter 15 – Some Natural Phenomena explained by expert Science teachers at Instasolv. It is unique as it serves its purpose in the simplest as well as the best way.
Important Topics for Lakhmir Singh Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 15 – Some Natural Phenomena
The important topics and sub-topics of Lakhmir Singh Solutions for Chapter 15 are provided below:
Introduction to Natural Phenomena
- Any certain happening calamity or physical process is known as a natural phenomenon.
- Two damaging natural phenomena: lightning and earthquakes.
Methods of Charging
- A body can be indicted by rubbing due to friction.
- The electrical charges formed by rubbing are known as static charges.
Charging by Rubbing
- When substances like plastic get rubbed with hair, it attains a charge. Likewise, a glass rod gets charged when rubbed with a silk cloth.
- They get charged as they gain or lose electrons and that is why they can attract or repel the small parts of paper dependent on the type of charge they carry.
Introduction to Lightning
- During storms, air currents move upwards and droplets of water move downwards. This causes a parting of charges between clouds and between clouds and earth.
- When the magnitude of charges rises, air starts leading and allows the flow of electricity. This is known as lightning, as this flow of charge is supplemented by bright bands of light and sound.
The procedure of movement of charge from cloud to cloud or from cloud to earth due to the parting of positive and negative charges is termed an electric discharge.
- Lightning conductors help to safeguard buildings at the time of lightning.
- They contain a metal rod that is taller than the building which is fitted within the walls during construction. They run all the way to the earth and act as a direct passage for electric discharge at the time of lightning.
Earthquakes are the unexpected shuddering of the surface of the earth due to disorder deep inside the earth’s crust. It causes large-scale damage to life and property. This earthquake cannot be forecast.
Causes of Earthquake
Earthquakes are initiated due to movement or collision of tectonic plates in the topmost layer of the earth’s crust.
Protection from an Earthquake
- Outdoors: Find a clear spot, away from upstairs lines and buildings and in case, if in a car then go to a clear spot and stay inside the car till the tremors stop.
- Indoors: Stay under a table till tremors stop and avoid staying near tall heavy objects.
- Structural Measures: In extremely seismic areas build mud houses with light roofs in order to reduce damage. Fix cupboards and shelves to the walls and during an earthquake, some buildings catch fire and thus must have proper working firefighting equipment.
Exercise-wise Discussion for Lakhmir Singh Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 15
Chapter 15 of Class 8 Science consists of around 5 exercises with a total of 84 questions. We offer step by step solutions for the questions provided in the Class 8 Science textbook as per the latest guidelines released by NCERT. The topics and sub-topics in Chapter 15 – Some Natural Phenomena are provided below.
Exercise 1 – Very Short Answer Type Questions
The first exercise of the chapter has around 25 questions which are very short answer type questions and are based on the phenomena of nature such as lightning and earthquakes.
Exercise 2 –Short Answer Type Questions
This exercise of Chapter 15 – Some Natural Phenomena has around 23 questions which are short answer type questions related to lightning, charging by rubbing, transfer of charge, types of charge and their interaction, the story of lightning, lightning safety, and earthquakes.
Exercise 3 –Long Answer Type Questions
This exercise of Lakhmir Singh Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 15 consists of a total of 11 questions which are long answer type questions. Practising these questions will help you clear your concepts.
Exercise 4 –Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
Exercise 4 of Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 15 consist of 20 questions that are multiple-choice questions.
Exercise 5 – Questions Based on High Order Thinking
This is the last exercise of the chapter and has around 5 questions which are based on high order thinking. Practising these questions will help you in preparing for your CBSE exams well.
For better results, practise all the solved questions mentioned in the book Lakhmir Singh to make sure that all your concepts related to the phenomena of nature such as lightning and earthquakes are clear. You can any time refer to the solutions that are provided for Lakhmir Singh Science Class 8 Chapter 15 for a better understanding and to excel in the exams.
Benefits of Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 15 – Some Natural Phenomena
- At Instasolv, we work intending to influence knowledge to you in the most ground-breaking ways.
- Solutions provided by experts of Instasolv will enhance your learning experience and help them to retain longer.
- When it comes to understanding something as complex as a Some Natural Phenomena, it is very essential to ensure that you get to comprehend the basic concept.
- Our solutions are available online easily, which helps you access these study notes from anywhere and at any time.
- It is our priority to involve teachers and students professionally to have a greater learning experience.