Lakhmir Singh Science Class 8 Solutions Combustion and Flame (Chapter 6)
Lakhmir Singh Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 6 illustrates the various kinds of fuels that are used for different purposes at home, in industries and for running automobiles. The main topics of the chapter are combustion, types of combustion, how do we control fire, what is a fuel, efficiency of fuel, what is a flame, and the structure of flame.
The Chapter of Lakhmir Singh Solutions is a very interesting chapter in which new concepts, technical terms, project work and demonstrations are introduced. There are around 5 exercises in the chapter with a total of 87 questions. Here on our webpage, you will get solutions for all those exercises in the chapter easily. Practice well to clear your concepts related to combustion and flame.
You can easily get 100% accurate Solutions for Lakhmir Singh Solutions for Chapter – ‘Combustion and Flame’ solved by expert Science teachers at Instasolv. We offer solutions for the questions provided in the text-book as per CBSE Board guidelines. Also, the solutions have been framed in a specific manner to cater to all your needs as you sit down to study the chapter.
Important Topics of Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 6 – Combustion and Flame
Here, the team of Instasolv has described the important topics and sub-topics in the chapter to make the chapter very easy to understand for you.
What is Combustion?
A chemical process in which a material reacts with oxygen and produces heat in the process is called combustion. This reveals that these materials give off heat and sometimes light when they react with oxygen.
Types of Combustion
- Rapid Combustion: The process in which a gas burns quickly generating heat and light is called rapid combustion. For example, LPG.
- Spontaneous Combustion: The process in which a substance bursts into flames rapidly without applying heat is called spontaneous combustion. For example, Phosphorus.
- Explosion: When a substance bursts quickly to generate heat, light, and sound on the application of heat or pressure, it is called an explosion. For example, Crackers and fireworks.
How Do We Control Fire?
We can control the fire through the following process:
- Removing the fuel
- Cutting off the air supply
- Cutting off heat or reducing the temperature of the fuel
The flame is a hot blooming body of ignited gas that is formed when something is on fire.
What is a Fuel?
Fuels are materials that give us heat which is generally used for domestic and industrial purposes, such as kerosene, wood, and petrol.
The efficiency of the fuel depends on its calorific value. The calorific value of fuel completely depends on the amount of heat generated by the whole combustion of 1 kg of the fuel.
Uses of Fuels
Some of the most common uses of fuel are provided below:
- Gasoline is used in vehicles we use every day.
- Natural gas is used in heating systems in our homes.
- Oil and natural gas are used in making different things that we use every day.
- Coal is the main fossil fuel used in various thermal power plants to generate electricity.
Types of Fuels
Generally, fuels are mainly divided into three groups:
- Liquid Fuels: Petroleum, crude oil, diesel, kerosene oil, etc.
- Solid Fuels: Firewood, charcoal, coal, dung cakes, tallow, straw, and other agricultural wastes, paraffin wax, camphor, etc.
- Gaseous Fuels: The most commonly used gas is LPG which we use as cooking gas at home.
Exercise-Wise Discussion of Lakhmir Singh Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 6
The questions of Chapter 6 – Combustion and Flame range from basic to advance level so that you can easily understand each and every topic of the chapter. Below you will see how the exercises are divided into the chapter.
Exercise 1 – Very Short Answer Type Questions
The first exercise of the chapter has around 20 questions which are very short answer type questions.
Exercise 2 –Short Answer Type Questions
This exercise of Chapter 6 – Combustion and Flame has around 34 questions which are short answer type questions. Practising these questions will help you clear your concepts.
Exercise 3 –Long Answer Type Questions
Lakhmir Singh Solutions for Chapter 6 Exercise 6.3 consists of a total of 8 questions which are long answer type questions.
Exercise 4 –Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
Exercise 4 of Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 6 consist of 20 questions that are multiple-choice questions.
Exercise 5 – Questions Based on High Order Thinking
This is the last exercise of the chapter and has around 5 questions which are based on high order thinking. Practising these questions will help you in preparing for your exam well.
If you face issues in solving the questions, you can refer to Lakhmir Singh Solutions for ‘Combustion and Flame’ prepared by the experts at Instasolv at any time and anywhere.
Benefits of Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 6 – Combustion and Flame
- We ensure that you get all your doubts cleared and prepare well with the help of our solutions.
- We deliver the best aid for you to study and provide a smart study platform for them.
- We have prepared Lakhmir Singh Class 8 Science Solutions Chapter 6 for all types of questions in the chapter.
- We make sure that you are able to understand the core ideas and theories and get ready to perform well in the practical as well as theoretical exams at school.
- Our team of experienced subject matter experts has left no stone unturned to simplify and enhance your learning experience while engaging with the chapter and the solutions for its problems.
- Lakhmir Singh Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 6 are now easily available to you. To prepare for your exam, you can follow them online at any time.