Lakhmir Singh Biology Class 9 Solutions Diversity in Living Organisms (Chapter 4)
Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur Solutions, for Class 9 Biology Chapter 4 ‘Diversity in Living Organisms’ are created by our subject matter experts to help you solve all the questions without any mistakes. In this chapter, you will learn about biodiversity, classification of organisms, groups or levels of organisms and the five-kingdom classification.
These exercises and their simplified Lakhmir Singh solutions by Instasolv will clear all the doubts related to this chapter. These solutions are based on the CBSE biology syllabus for class 9 so you can easily enhance your preparations for the exams by reading them thoroughly. We have provided stepwise solutions and clear explanations for you to make the concepts easy to understand.
Important Topics in Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur Solutions for Class 9 Biology Chapter 4
Chapter 4 of Lakhmir Singh Solutions for Class 9 Biology Book covers many different topics about the living organisms, their types, their classification etc. Here are a few important topics of the chapter.
It refers to the variety of living organisms present on the earth. There are about 20 lakh organisms present on the earth, which differs from each other in many ways.
The method of organising various organisms present on the Earth on the basis of their differences and similarities.
- Two kingdom classification – According to Carolus Linnaeus, the organisms are divided into 2 groups as plants and animals.
- Five kingdom classification – According to H.Whittaker, the organisms are divided into 5 kingdoms/groups known as Kingdom Monera, Kingdom Protista, Kingdom Fungi, Kingdom Plantae and Kingdom Animalia
Levels or Groups
The important characteristics considered for dividing organisms into the five main kingdoms are
- Types of Cellular organization
- Body Organization
- Mode of Obtaining Food
Some Important Points to Remember for Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur Solutions for Class 9 Biology Chapter 4
- Classification of organisms helps in knowing the diversity of life forms present on Earth.
- The major identification for classifying organisms into 5 major kingdoms are:-
- whether they are made of prokaryotic or eukaryotic cells
- whether the cells are living singly or organised into multicellular and thus complex organisms
- whether the cells have a cell-wall and whether they prepare their own food
- On the above basis, the organisms are divided into 5 main kingdoms namely Monera, Protista, Fungi, Plantae and Animalia.
- The classification of their life forms is related to their evolution.
- The binomial nomenclature makes a uniform way of identification of the vast diversity of life around us.
- The binomial nomenclature is made up of two words – a generic name and a specific name.
- Plantae and Animalia are divided into further subdivisions on the basis of the increasing complexity of body organization.
- Plants are divided into five groups: Thallophytes, Bryophytes, Pteridophytes, Gymnosperms and Angiosperms
- Animals are divided into ten groups: Porifera, Coelenterata, Platyhelminthes, Nematoda, Annelida, Arthropoda, Mollusca, Echinodermata, Protochordates and Vertebrata.
Benefits of Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur Solutions for Class 9 Biology Chapter 4 by Instasolv
Lakhmir Singh Class 9 Biology Solutions Chapter 4 provide you with all the study material, written and verified by subject matter experts. All the questions provided are according to the latest CBSE syllabus. The best part is that our team keeps on regularly updating their content so as to provide quality content to students.
The main aim of team Instasolv is to provide students to understand their syllabus and content in an easy way. This helps students to learn the topics and concepts easily. Now the students do not have to worry much for their doubts and marks in exams as Instasolv is available for them 24*7.