MS Chauhan General Organic Chemistry Solutions (Chapter 1)
MS Chauhan Organic Chemistry Solutions Chapter 1 ‘General Organic Chemistry’ is methodically prepared by our Chemistry teachers and subject matter experts. We have prepared the MS Chauhan Solutions from scratch in a way that covers all the information about the chapter. This chapter has a total of 157 questions that will help you in making your concepts stronger.
MS Chauhan General Organic Chemistry Solutions includes topics like fundamental concepts in the organic reaction mechanism, factors influencing reactivity, types of organic reactions and mechanisms, and classification of organic compounds. These questions will help you in your preparation for various competitive exams like NEET and IIT JEE. We not only provide you with the answers to the questions available in the exercises but also the correct solutions to extended learning exercises in the chapter. Our MS Chauhan Solutions will make it easier for you to prepare this chapter for your exams.
Preparing MS Chauhan Organic Chemistry Solutions is a good practice as it helps you identify difficult topics. It also gives you an idea of what kind of questions can be asked in the exams like JEE and NEET. We have discussed all the important topics of Chapter 1 – General Organic Chemistry below for your better understanding. We have provided solutions to all the exercises of chapter 1 for your in-depth learning.
Important Topics for MS Chauhan Organic Chemistry Solutions Chapter 1 – General Organic Chemistry
Fundamental Concepts in Organic Reaction Mechanism
Generally, there are three types of organic reaction mechanism that are explained below:
- Inductive Effect: The movement of sigma-electrons along a saturated carbon chain due to the existence of an electron extracting group or electron resisting group at one end of the chain resulting in the expansion of partial positive or partial negative charges in the reducing order of magnitude is known an inductive effect or I effect.
- Electromeric Effect: Electromeric effect refers to the comprehensive transfer of the shared pair of pie electrons of multiple bonds to one of the shared atoms in the existence of an attacking reagent.
- Resonance Effect: This effect is also known as Mesmeric Effect. It refers to the process in which a molecule is signified by numerous electronic structures which do not vary much in their energy contents and are achieved by the oscillation of pie electrons. Such structures are known as canonical forms and the molecule is assumed to be a resonance hybrid of these canonical forms.
Factors Influencing Reactivity
Factors that affect the reactivity of chemical reactions consist of the concentration of reactants, the physical state of reactants and their dispersion, temperature, the solvent, and the existence of a catalyst.
Types of Organic Reactions and Mechanisms
The types of basic organic chemistry reactions include addition reactions, substitution reactions, elimination reactions, rearrangement reactions, pericyclic reactions, and redox reactions. A reaction mechanism is a step by step arrangement of elementary reactions by which complete chemical change happens.
Classification of Organic Compounds
The organic compounds are classified into the following:
- Acyclic or Open Chain Compounds: These open-chain compounds are also called as aliphatic compounds. They consist of branched or straight chains.
- Alicyclic or Closed Chain or Ring Compounds: These are cyclic compounds that comprise carbon atoms associated with each other in a ring (homocyclic). When atoms other than carbon are also existing then it is known as heterocyclic.
- Aromatic Compounds: They are a distinct type of compounds which comprise benzene and other ring associated compounds. Similar to alicyclic, these compounds also consist of heteroatoms in the ring. Such compounds are known as heterocyclic aromatic compounds.
- Heterocyclic Aromatic Compounds: These compounds are of two types including functional group and homologous series.
Exercise-wise Discussion for MS Chauhan Organic Chemistry Solutions Chapter 1 – General Organic Chemistry
Chapter 1 ‘General Organic Chemistry’ of MS Chauhan Organic Chemistry Solutions consists of two levels i.e. Level 1 and Level 2. Both the level consists of different types of questions that are explained below.
Level 1: In this level of MS Chauhan General Organic Chemistry Solutions, there are a total of 190 questions. These are objective type questions which are considered important from a competitive exam point of view. Preparing these questions will help you score good marks in the competitive exams like JEE and NEET.
Level 2: This level of MS Chauhan Chapter 1 Solutions consists of a total of 67 questions. There are two different types of questions available at this level including very short answer type questions and short answer type questions. Practice well to make your concepts stronger.
Why Use MS Chauhan Organic Chemistry Solutions Chapter 1 – General Organic Chemistry by Instasolv?
- MS Chauhan Organic Chemistry Solutions for Chapter 1 are created by highly qualified subject matter experts at Instasolv.
- The solutions prepared are based on the latest syllabus approved by CBSE.
- To understand all the concepts and start from scratch, we would recommend you to refer to MS Chauhan Solutions prepared by Instasolv.
- During the revision of Chapter 1 – General Organic Chemistry, you can rely on our MS Chauhan Organic Chemistry Solutions.
- Our Chemistry teachers have prepared exercise-wise solutions for your ease of learning.
- These solutions are easy to comprehend, and the best part is that you can access them for free.