NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Maths Chapter 13 Solutions: Statistics and Probability
NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Maths Solutions for Chapter 13 ‘ Statistics and Probability’ are written in such a manner to help you practice better for your CBSE exams. The topics covered in this chapter of NCERT Class 10 Maths Exemplar are grouped data, it’s mean and median, and graphical representation of cumulative frequency distribution. Probability is also an important concept covered in the NCERT Exemplar exercises of this chapter.
There are 82 questions in total given in the 4 exercises covering the syllabus thoroughly. You will learn excellent time management skills for exams by practising this diverse set of exercises. The difficulty level of the questions will increase as you will proceed in the exercises, thus helping you to brush up for challenging problems. The NCERT Exemplar problems for CBSE Class 10 Maths Chapter 13 are both objective and subjective in nature.
The maths faculty at Instasolv has created the answers in a student-friendly language. You will find it very reliable to use our NCERT Exemplar problems with solutions as the source of reference whenever you stumble upon doubt in the topic of statistics and probability. The NCERT Exemplar solutions by Instasolv will aid you in completing homework in less time with more clarity on the topic of your syllabus.
Important Topics For NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Maths Solutions Chapter 13: Statistics and Probability
- Mean of Grouped Data
The frequency of all the class intervals is centred around the mid-point of each class interval using the direct method, assumed mean method or step deviation method
- Mode of Grouped Data
- The first step to finding the mode in a grouped data is to identify the modal class of the frequency table. It is the class with maximum frequency.
- Now, Mode can be evaluated using the modal class with the help of the following formula
l- lower limit of modal class
h gives the size of modal class
f1, f0, f2 gives the frequencies of modal class, preceding and succeeding class respectively.
- Median of Grouped Data
Such that l is the lower limit of the class which is in the middle or nearest to the middle, n gives the total number of observations, h gives the class size, cf is the cumulative frequency of median class and f is the frequency of the class.
- Using the techniques of probability, we can find the chances of occurrence of a particular outcome of an experiment, or an event.
- The formula for the theoretical (or classical, as we call it.) probability of a random experiment given as E can be given as
where P(E) refers to the probability of the event E and the results of the event are equally likely.
- The probability of an experiment under consideration will always lie between 0 and 1. If P(E)= 0, it implies that the event will most likely not occur or is an impossible event. If P(E)= 1, it is most likely that the event will occur or the even is a sure event.
- If we add the probabilities of all elementary events of an experiment, the result will be equal to 1.
- The sum of the probability of an event E and its complement denoted as E’ is always 1 such that
for an event E, P(E) + P(E’) = 1
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Maths Solutions Chapter 13: Statistics and Probability
- The first exercise 13.1 is a set of multiple-choice questions based on the topics frequency distribution, median and modal class and grouped frequency distribution.
- Exercise 13.2 is more of a conceptual and reasoning exercise that will help you give a finishing touch to your studies.
- Exercise 13.3 is a comprehensive set of questions of short answer type on topics such as mean and cumulative frequency distribution.
- Lastly, in exercise 13.4, you will get to solve a wide variety of graphical and word problems on topics related to mean, median and mode of grouped data and ogive.
Why Use NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Maths Solutions Chapter 13: Statistics and Probability by Instasolv?
- All the NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Maths Chapter 13 solutions provided by Instasolv are provided to you absolutely free of cost.
- Each and every question has been answered in a step by step format so that you can understand tough concepts like step-division method, assumed mean methods, and probability easily.
- Our solutions to the NCERT Exemplar problems for Chapter 13 of Class 10 Maths will help you prepare the chapter thoroughly for CBSE class 10 board examination as we strictly adhere to the latest CBSE guidelines and exam patterns.