NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Maths Chapter 7 Solutions: Coordinate Geometry
NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Maths Solutions Chapter 7 ‘Coordinate Geometry’ will help you get clarity on the concepts of this chapter. With the help of NCERT Class 10 Maths Exemplar problems of this chapter, you will learn new concepts such as distance formula and section formula besides the revision of abscissa and ordinate of point. An interesting method to calculate the area of a triangle using coordinate geometry has also been discussed in the chapter.
58 questions in a collection of 4 exercises that are miscellaneous in nature have been covered in this chapter. The questions are arranged in various categories such as very short answer type questions, short answer questions, MCQ, etc. These exemplar exercises are based on the latest CBSE Class 10 exam patterns. All the possible categories of questions are covered in this chapter to help you practice each topic thoroughly.
The NCERT Exemplar solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 7 provided by Instasolv are very reliable as our experts keep themselves updated with the latest CBSE syllabus and question paper trends. All the solutions are covered in a step-by-step manner by our maths faculty. Our objective is to guide you in efficiently using your study hours and with these solutions, you will face no issues in understanding the chapter.
Important Topics for NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Maths Solutions Chapter 7: Coordinate Geometry
Basic Terms in Coordinate Geometry
- Abscissa: This is the x-coordinate of a point, which means it is the distance of a given point from the y-axis.
- Ordinate: This is the y-coordinate of a point, which means it is the distance of a given point from the y-axis.
If we consider 2 points with their coordinates as P(x2, y2)and Q(x1, y1), then the distance between these points can be given by the distance formula such that,
Note that the distance is always a positive value.
The distance of the point P(x, y) from the origin O(0, 0) is given such that,
If a point P divides a given line segment internally, with end-points as A(x1, y1)and B(x2, y2)into a ratio m1:m2, then the coordinates of the point P are given as
Therefore, if we are to find the mid-point of a line segment with end-points P(x1, y1)and Q(x2, y2), the coordinates will be given as
Area of a Triangle and Collinearity of 3 Points
If we have the three vertices of a triangle with their coordinates as A(x1, y1), B(x2, y2) and C(x3, y3), then the area of the triangle ABC is given as
If we have to check the collinearity of three points, the area of the triangle formed by them should be zero.
Exercise Discussion for NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Maths Solutions Chapter 7: Coordinate Geometry
- Exercise 7.1 consists of multiple-choice questions in which you will be required to find the coordinates of point using section formula or check various results using the distance formula.
- There are 12 questions in exercise 7.2 of NCERT Class 10 Exemplar of Mathematics wherein you will have to check if each of the given statements is true or false.
- The questions in exercise 7.3 are mainly formula-based and will require you to simply find the area and distance or coordinates of certain points using the section formula.
- The long answer type questions in 7.4 are mostly analytical point in which you will require comprehensive knowledge of all topics in the chapter to find the answer to each question.
Why use NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Maths Solutions Chapter 7: Coordinate Geometry by Instasolv?
- You can rely on Instasolv as a one-stop solution to all your queries in the NCERT Exemplar problems of Chapter 7.
- The experts of Instasolv comply with the latest CBSE guidelines, therefore you can use the answers to get assistance in your homework and for the exam preparation.
- The answers at Instasolv are prepared with adequate reasoning which will build a strong conceptual base of maths for higher studies.