NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Chapter 1 Solutions: Chemical Reactions and Equations
NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Solutions Chapter 1: Chemical Reactions and Equations is a perfect guide and study material to learn the topics of the chapter. NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science problems for Class 10 Chapter 1 will help you gain extra knowledge related to the concepts of the chapter. These are extra questions that will expose you to the advanced concepts of the chapter which are necessary so that you can attempt all the types of questions from the chapter in board exams.
This chapter consists of 44 exemplar problems in total, which consists of multiple-choice questions, short answer questions, and long answer questions. The important topics covered in the chapter are chemical changes, types of chemical reactions, chemical equations, steps of writing chemical equations, types of reactions, oxidation and reduction and effects of oxidation reactions in everyday life. All these topics of the chapter are explained well and in detail in the NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Solutions by Instasolv.
NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 10 Science by Instasolv are designed in a way that clears all the basic concepts and makes the subject easy. The solutions are designed by the industry experts which are well experienced in the field and thus making the solutions accurate and according to the norms of CBSE pattern.
Important Topics for NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Solutions Chapter 1: Chemical Reactions and Equations
- Chemical change
When one or more new substances are formed, the change which takes place is known as the chemical change. When a chemical change takes place, the formation of new substances takes place, changes in energy take place, also the change which takes place is permanent. An example of chemical change is when iron rusts, food is cooking, etc. Chemical changes can also be known as chemical reactions.
- Types of reactions
- Exothermic Reactions
- Endothermic Reactions
- Synthesis Reactions
- Decomposition Reactions
- Double Displacement Reactions
- Chemical equations
When a chemical change is represented in the form of terms and symbols of the product formed and reactant used in the reaction, it is known as the chemical equation of the reaction.
- Steps for Writing Chemical Equation
- Firstly write the Raw form of Equation
- Balance the chemical equation
- Chemical Formulae
The symbolic representation of the actual number of atoms present in a molecule of the substance is known as the chemical formulae of the substance.
- Double displacement reaction
When 2 compounds react together to form 2 different compounds by their mutual exchange of the ions, it is known as a double displacement reaction.
- Oxidation and reduction
- The process in which electrons are lost is known as oxidation. The substances which bring out the process of oxidation are known as Oxidizing Agents.
- The process in which electrons are gained is known as reduction. The substances which bring out the process of reduction are known as Reducing Agents.
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Solutions Chapter 1: Chemical Reactions and Equations
- There is 1 exercise in the chapter of NCERT Exemplar with a total of 44 questions in it. The first 18 questions of the chapter are multiple-choice questions. The multiple-choice questions include questions like choosing the correct equation, choosing the correct process of the reaction and choosing the correct statement of the reaction.
- The next 20 questions are short answer questions. The short answer questions include questions like writing the balanced chemical equation for the given reactions, identifying the types of reactions, completing the missing components of the reaction, identifying the reducing agent of the reaction and identifying the oxidizing and reducing agent of the reaction.
- The last 5 questions are long answer questions. The questions cover all the basic topics of the chapter.
- These 44 questions cover all the necessary concepts which are required to expertise the chapter and score good marks in the class 10 examination.
Why Use NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Solutions Chapter 1: Chemical Reactions and Equations by Instasolv?
- Instasolv is the best platform for students which provides quantity and quality of content to the students.
- The notes and study material provided by our team are detailed and comprehensive, which makes it easy for students to grasp the concepts and prepare well for the examination.
- The detailed NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Chapter 10 will make you prepare for board examinations and other competitive exams as well.
- Our team designs the solutions in a stepwise manner so that you can understand how to write perfect answers in exams.