NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Chapter 11 Solutions: Human Eye and Colourful World
NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 11 will help you gain good marks in CBSE Class 10 board exams. It is a beneficial NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science problems and solutions guide which aims to give a complete overview of the chapter. These solutions are based on topics like defects in the human eye, the structure of the human eye, the formation of image in the human eye, and ray diagrams of prisms.
There are 3 exercises with 30 questions in NCERT Class 10 Science Exemplar Chapter 11. It covers multiple choice questions, short answer questions and long answer questions. The NCERT Exemplar Science Problems are designed so as to make it easy for you to revise the concepts learned in NCERT Science textbook. Some questions ask the difference between myopic and hypermetropic eye, the reason for the reddish appearance of the sky at the time of sunrise, and the process of refraction in the atmosphere.
Our solutions to the NCERT Exemplar problems for Chapter 11 of Class 10 Science will make your learning much easier. All these solutions are 100% error-free and cover all the main concepts of the chapter. You can refer to these solutions anytime and get your doubts resolved instantly.
Important Topics for NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Solutions Chapter – 11 Human Eye and Colourful World
- Human eye
The natural optical instrument used by human beings to see the object around them is known as the human eye. It is like a natural camera for human beings which has a lens in it.
- Various parts of the human eye
The various parts of the human eye are:
- Aqueous humour
- Eye lens
- Optic nerve
- Ciliary muscles
- Colour blindness
When a person is not able to differentiate between different varieties of colours because of the defect in cone cells is known as colour blindness.
- Defects of vision
The various defects in the vision are:
- Short-sightedness is known as Myopia
- Long-sightedness is known as Hypermetropia
- Presbyopia which occurs due to ageing
- Cataract which is caused when the lens gets transparent because of the erosion of the proteins of the lens.
- Corrections of defects of vision
The following defects in the visions can be corrected in the following ways:
- Myopia can be corrected by using a concave lens.
- Hypermetropia can be corrected by using a convex lens.
- Presbyopia can be corrected by using a bifocal lens of appropriate power.
- Cataract can only be corrected by surgery.
- Applications of Atmospheric Refraction
The various applications of atmospheric refraction are:
- The appearance of the position of stars
- The twinkling of the stars
- The Tyndall effect
- Colours of the sunlight and sunset
- Dispersion of white light by a prism of glass
The dispersion of white light into its 7 constituent colours is the phenomenon of splitting of white light into its 7 colours when it passes through a glass prism. The 7 colours which are formed are VIBGYOR – Violet, Indigo, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange and Red. The band formed by these 7 colours is known as the Spectrum.
Exercise Discussion for NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Solutions Chapter – 11 Human Eye and Colourful World
- Chapter 11 of NCERT Class 10 Exemplar for Science has 30 questions and three different exercises.
- The first 18 questions of the chapter are multiple-choice questions like finding the correct power of lens for the given defect, the correct application of the atmospheric refraction, the perfect figure for the given situation and many more questions of the same type.
- The next 6 questions of the chapter are short answer types questions and are mostly conceptual questions like explaining the formation of the rainbow, why the colour of the sky is blue, why we see different colours at the time of sunrise and sunsets.
- The last 6 questions of the chapter are long answer questions which are problem-based questions and sum up the concepts and topics of the entire chapter. They include topics like the structure and functioning of the human eye.
- All these 30 questions sum up the chapter and cover all the necessary topics of the chapter.
Benefits of NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Solutions Chapter – 11 Human Eye and Colourful World by Instasolv
- We provide easy to understand and clear solutions for all NCERT Exemplar problems of Chapter 11 of Class 10 Science.
- You can use these solutions to prepare for CBSE Class 10 board exams easily as they are prepared in sync with the latest CBSE Class 10 Science syllabus and exam guidelines.
- We offer these solutions for FREE!