NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Chapter 15 Solutions: Our Environment
NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Solutions for Chapter 15: Our Environment gives us an insight into everything related to our surroundings. In this chapter of NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science, we will be studying various components in the environment which interact with each other. Some of the essential topics included in this chapter are an ecosystem, food chains, the ozone layer, garbage management, etc.
NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Chapter 15 has three types of exercise comprising questions like multiple-choice questions, short answer questions, and long answer questions. This exercise has 38 questions in total. These questions have covered almost every topic of the chapter and are significant from the CBSE exam point of view.
Instasolv is an online learning platform that provides solutions of NCERT Exemplar chapters for Class 10 Science. Our subject matter experts have curated the best possible answers which are authentic and quite easy to understand. The team tries to cover all the concepts and explains every problem step by step.
Important Topics for NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Solutions Chapter 15: Our Environment
- Ecosystem and its Components: All organisms, including plants, animals, human beings, and microorganisms, comprise the ecosystem. It consists of both biotic and abiotic components. Biotic Components include living organisms like plants, animals, microbes, etc. Abiotic components include non-living organisms like soil, water, etc.
- Food Chain: It refers to the series of organisms that are dependent on the next for its source of food.
- Food web: It is the interconnection of different food chains.
- Trophic levels: They are the different levels in a food web as per the flow of energy. The various trophic levels include producers, primary consumers, secondary consumers, and tertiary consumers. This section also tells you about herbivores, carnivores, and other decomposers that are present at different trophic levels. In an ecosystem, energy passes from one organism to another across different trophic levels. Usually, 10% of the energy is transferred from one trophic level to another level.
- Pyramid of Trophic Levels: It is a graphical representation which shows the flow of energy. Pyramids majorly start with producers.
- Ozone Layer and its Depletion: Ozone (O3) is a molecule that is formed by three atoms of oxygen. It acts as a shield and protects the earth from ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the Sun. Ozone depletion occurs when chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) mainly found in fire extinguishers and refrigerators are released into the atmosphere.
- Garbage Management: It refers to all the activities and actions taken to manage waste. Measures include Segregation of waste, collection, treatment, processing, recycling, disposal.
- Biodegradable Waste: It refers to the waste which is easily decomposed into the soil. This waste is usually from plants and animals.
- Biodegradation: It is the process of decomposition of garbage or waste material by living organisms.
- Non-biodegradable Waste: It refers to the waste which cannot be decomposed into the soil.
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Solutions Chapter 15: Our Environment
- The exercise of this chapter contains 38 questions in total. The NCERT Exemplar problems are divided into 3 sections – multiple-choice questions, short answer questions, long answer questions.
- There are 21 multiple-choice questions. You have to choose the correct answer from the given 4 options.
- The second section has 9 short answer questions. In these questions, you will come across some vital concepts like the food chain, biodegradable, and non-biodegradable waste. You will also find some one-word answer questions and general statements in this section.
- The third set of questions contains 8 long answer questions. In this set, you will find questions on the trophic levels, waste management, food chain, and web, etc. In question no. 31, you are required to show a graphical representation of the flow of energy.
Why Use NCERT Science Exemplar Solutions Class 10 Chapter 15 by Instasolv?
- Instasolv platform provides access to the solutions for all the NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Chapter 15 which include all the essential topics from the chapter.
- The solutions by instasolv are written according to the latest pattern of CBSE and these solutions will help you to understand the chapter in a better way.
- The team of experts at Instasolv aims at clearing all the doubts and makes sure that you grasp in-depth knowledge of topics.
- The NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 15 by instasolv will work as the best reference study material for you. You must refer to these answers to achieve better grades in Class 10 CBSE exams.