NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Chapter 3 Solutions: Metals and Non-metals
NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 3 ‘Metals and Non-Metals’ will give you all the information about the properties of metals and non-metals. It is a perfect resource for you to prepare all levels of questions for the CBSE NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Class 10 examination and polish all the important concepts related to this chapter.
NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Chapter 3 consists of 65 questions in total which are a mixture of multiple-choice questions, long answer questions and short answer questions. The topics covered in the chapter are physical properties of Metals and Non-Metals, Chemical properties of Metals, Reactivity Series, Ionic compounds and Corrosion and prevention of Corrosion. All these important topics of the chapter are explained in-depth with the help of these 65 questions.
NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Solutions for Chapter 3 by Instasolv are designed in a way which makes it easy for you to learn and grasp the concepts of the chapter. Moreover, the solutions are 100% accurate and according to the norms and pattern of CBSE Class 10 Board Exams as they are designed by the experts who have years of experience in the field. Instasolv gives you the best solutions to every question of the chapter. Our team makes sure that you understand the core of the chapter before you solve the questions in order to increase your confidence level.
Important Topics for NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Solutions Chapter 3: Metals and Non-Metals
The elements which are malleable and ductile and also conduct heat and electricity, are known as metals. For example:
- Silver (Ag)
- Copper (Cu)
- Gold (Au)
- Lead (Pb)
- Potassium (K) etc.
- Physical properties of Metals
The physical properties of metals are as follows:
- At room temperature, metals are solid.
- Metals have a high tensile rate and are extremely hard.
- Metals are always sonorous.
- Metals allow heat and electricity to pass through them easily.
- Metals can easily be beaten into thin sheets which means that they are malleable.
- Metals can easily be drawn into thin wires which means they are ductile.
- Metals usually have high melting and boiling points.
- Metals are most dense.
- Except for gold and copper, all metals are silver-grey in colour.
Elements which while gaining electrons from negative ions are known as non-metals. These non-metals do not exhibit the properties which metals exhibit.
When a homogeneous mixture of 2 or more metals, or a metal and a non-metal is made, it is known as an alloy. When an Alloy is obtained from metal, it is always stronger than that metal.
- Physical properties of Non-Metals
The physical properties of non-metals are as follows:
- Non-Metals at room temperature, occur as solids, liquids and gases.
- Non-Metals are usually brittle.
- Non-Metals are always non-malleable.
- Non-Metals do not let electricity or heat to pass through them at all.
- Non-Metals are non-sonorous and non-ductile always.
- Extraction of metals
The different methods of extraction of metals are:
- Enrichment of Ores
- Refining of Metals
- Electrolytic Refining
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Solutions Chapter 3: Metals and Non-Metals
- The first 36 questions are multiple-choice questions and these include questions like finding the correct properties of metals and non-metals, finding the correct reaction, finding the ionic and nonionic compounds, finding the correct part of the definitions etc.
- The next 22 questions are short answer questions and include questions like writing the equation of the given reaction, identifying the given element as metal or non-metals, word problems and many like these.
- The last 7 questions are long answer questions and include questions like writing the steps for the given reactions, arrange the given reactions in order of increasing reactivity, explain the given reactions in-depth and other questions of the same pattern.
- These 65 questions are arranged in the form of increased levels of difficulty from easy to difficult to clear all the levels and concepts of the chapters.
Why Use NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Solutions Chapter 3: Metals and Non-Metals by Instasolv?
- Instasolv focuses on building a team of experts so that we can provide you with the best quality reference material for the NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Solutions Chapter 3.
- Our main aim is your academic improvement so that you can excel in your studies. The study material given by our experts follows the latest CBSE guidelines with all the upgraded information regarding the chapter.