NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Chapter 5 Solutions: Periodic Classification of Elements
NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Solutions for Chapter 5 will give you detailed information about the classification of elements as per the Periodic Table. A periodic table is used to display the elements using a table method. In NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Solutions for Chapter 5 you will study how the periodic table is used to represent the elements having similar properties in the same group or occur in the same vertical column.
The chapter contains 3 exercises in which it has short answer questions to long answer questions. All the NCERT Exemplar Science Problems for Chapter 5 of Class 10 will help you in preparing for CBSE class 10 board exams and other competitive exams as well. The exercises have a total of 52 questions that make your practice easy as these questions thoroughly cover all the topics of the chapter.
To find the solutions to all the NCERT Exemplar questions, you will surely be searching for an experienced science mentor who can clear your doubts. Instasolv has been serving you from online with academic assistance so that you can score well in your exams through the NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 5.
Important Topics for NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Solutions Chapter 5: Periodic Classification of Elements
- Periodic table
A table in which arrangement of all the known elements is done according to their properties so that the similar elements can fall between the same columns and dissimilar elements are separated from each other.
- Dobereiner’s Triads
This Dobereiner’s Triads classification is done on the bases of the atomic mass of the elements. When all the elements are arranged in the order of increasing atomic masses, the result obtained is a group of 3 elements which are known as triads and have similar chemical properties. The middle element of this triad has the atomic mass which is roughly the average of the atomic masses of the remaining 2 elements.
- Newland’s Law of Octaves
This law states that when we arrange all the elements in the order of their increasing atomic masses, the property of every 8th element comes to be the same as that of the 1st element.
- Mendeleev’s Periodic Table
Mendeleev’s periodic table was based on the properties of elements and their atomic masses. According to this, when all the elements are arranged in the order of their increasing masses, the elements which have similar properties keep recurring at regular intervals.
- Modern Periodic Table
Henry Moseley, in 1913 discovered that the atomic number of an element is more fundamental than the atomic mass of that element.
- Groups in Modern Periodic Table
In the modern periodic table, there are 18 vertical columns, which are known as the groups.
- Alkali Metals are known as the elements of Group 1.
- Alkaline Earth Metals are known as the elements of Group 2.
- Pnicogens are known as the elements of Group 15.
- Chalcogens are known as the elements of Group 16.
- Halogens are known as the elements of Group 17.
- Noble Gases are known as the elements of Group 18.
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Solutions Chapter 5: Periodic Classification of Elements
- The first 26 questions of the chapter are multiple-choice questions which include all the concepts of the chapter and cover all the levels of difficulty a question can come up within the examination.
- The next 16 questions are short-answer questions which include arranging the given elements in their increasing order of atomic masses, finding the atomic masses and radius of elements and many more concepts that are necessary to attempt the questions of the chapter.
- The last 10 questions are long-answer questions which include word problems, defining the terms, and reasoning questions which finalize the chapter and solving these questions you can finally analyze what part of the chapter is clear to you and what is remaining.
Benefits of NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Solutions Chapter 5: Periodic Classification of Elements by Instasolv
- Experts at Instasolv not only provide guidance of NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Solutions Chapter 5 but also guide you on how to solve the questions related to this chapter.
- All our solutions are based on the latest CBSE exam pattern. They include a stepwise explanation and appropriate diagrams that will further help you understand every concept of the chapter.