NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Chapter 6 Solutions: Life Processes
NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Solutions Chapter 6 will guide you about different biological processes that occur in plants as well as animals to sustain life. In NCERT Exemplar class 10 Science Solutions Chapter 6 you will also study about the nutrition in organisms, types of nutrition, excretion in human beings and plants, etc.
This chapter covers three different exercises and contains very easy to advanced level questions. The questions are 82 in number and are divided into three exercises- multiple choice questions, short answer questions as well as long answer questions. The questions are designed in a manner that covers all the topics discussed in the NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter of Life Processes.
You will surely make efforts in finding the right solutions to all the questions but might even fail in finding the appropriate answers. At this point in time, you must refer to the NCERT Exemplar solutions that we have provided here. These solutions contain all the explanations of the chapter and will certainly resolve all your doubts related to it.
Important Topics for NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Solutions Chapter 6: Life Processes
The NCERT Exemplar for Class 10 Chapter 6 ‘Life Processes’ gives knowledge about what are the maintenance processes of living organisms. The chapter helps understand what in the world is alive and what is not. The study of this chapter is really important for the general knowledge of the students as well. There are some really exciting topics discussed in this chapter.
What are life processes?
- This concept explains that the maintenance functions of living organisms must always go on even if the organism is at rest.
- These mental processes are required to prevent any damage and breakdown, and so energy is needed for them.
- The maintenance of functions of living organisms varies in single cellular organisms and multicellular organisms that are properly discussed in the chapter.
The concept discusses how living organisms get their food
- All living things need some general amount of energy and material, however, it is fulfilled in different ways.
- Autotrophic nutrition is obtained by green plants and some bacteria that obtain food materials from inorganic sources in the form of carbon dioxide and water. The concept also discusses the cross-section of a leaf through a diagrammatic representation.
- Heterotrophic nutrition is obtained by living organisms who feed on complex substances. These complex substances then need to be broken down for the proper digestion of the food. In other words, the nutrition of heterotrophs indirectly depends on autotrophs.
- Some organisms use breaking down of food into carbon dioxide and water however some organisms use different methods.
- The concept explains how different organisms break their food using different methods and they are divided into two different categories.
- Human beings digest their food by breaking down the complex substances into carbon dioxide and water by using the oxygen that is inhaled.
- A proper and labelled diagram of the human respiratory system is also shown in the chapter for the thorough explanation of the human respiratory system.
- Transportation is the process of transporting essential minerals, water and blood to each and every part of the body.
- Transportation of blood in human beings is controlled by the human heart that pumps blood to each and every part of the body including the human brain with the help of nerves.
- Transportation of oxygen is also very important as when the oxygen enters the blood in the lungs it helps in breaking the food into carbon dioxide and water and hence the carbon dioxide is released from the body.
- Excretion takes place through different processes is humans and plants
- Excretion in human beings includes a pair of kidneys, a pair of ureters, a urinary bladder and a urethra.
- Plants get rid of their wastes through transpiration. For other wastes, plants use the fact of tissues containing dead cells and then the waste eventually falls off the plant.
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Solutions Chapter 6: Life Processes
- The first set of exercises is multiple-choice questions that are the easiest ones only if you have knowledge of all the concepts. There are around 35 multiple choice questions that cover different topics like what happens in the lack of oxygen, choosing the name of enzymes, naming different processes, etc.
- The second set of exercises contains 38 short answer questions which are a combination of the match the column type questions, one-word answer questions, fill in the blanks, etc. The questions ask you to tell the functioning of several glands or other body parts, explaining the role like the role of the mouth indigestion, etc.
- The last set contains 9 questions in which you are required to give proper explanation to the question asked. You have to write about the mechanism of photosynthesis, explain how the breakdown of food takes place, etc.
Benefits of NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Solutions Chapter 6: Life Processes by Instasolv
- We provide you with in-depth solutions to all the NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Problems for Chapter 6. This will help you clear all of your doubts in this chapter within minutes.
- Our team of experts makes dedicated efforts in solving these NCERT Exemplar problems in a simplified and stepwise manner.
- You can easily prepare for CBSE exams with the help of these solutions. You can also use them while completing your homework or while revising the chapter.