NCERT Exemplar Class 11 Biology Chapter 12 Solutions: Mineral Nutrition
NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 12 deals with the concept of mineral nutrition. This chapter of NCERT Class 11 Biology Exemplar consists of main topics like essential mineral elements, translocation of solutes, metabolism of nitrogen, soil as a reservoir of essential elements, mechanism of absorption of elements, and methods to study the mineral requirements of plants. So, follow these NCERT Exemplar Class 11 Biology Problems and Solutions for Chapter 12 to learn and understand the difficult concepts of Biology in the best possible manner.
NCERT Exemplar Problems for CBSE Class 11 Biology Chapter 12 has a total of 4 exercises and around 39 exemplar problems. All the exercises consist of different types of questions including the very short answer type, short answer type, long answer type, and objective type questions. All the questions are explained well with the help of examples to help you clear your concepts.
At Instasolv, we provide you with the pointwise explanations for the exercise questions to make you understand their answers easily. Through NCERT Exemplar Problems Class 11 Biology Solutions for chapter 12, we make sure that you perform better in the exams. Follow the solutions provided by Instasolv now for free.
Important Topics for NCERT Biology Exemplar Solutions Class 11 Chapter 12 – Mineral Nutrition
Macronutrients are the nutrients that are necessary for the plants in large quantities. These comprise carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, phosphorus, sulphur, nitrogen, potassium, etc.
Micronutrients are the nutrients that are necessary for the plants in small quantities. These consist of iron, copper, molybdenum, manganese, chlorine, etc.
Mineral nutrition in plants is necessary for a diversity of functions such as growth, repair, and photosynthesis. Lack of these vital components can cause a diversity of diseases that can range from chlorosis to necrosis. Components like boron, chlorine, copper, calcium, iron, magnesium, molybdenum, nickel, phosphorus, manganese, potassium, sulphur, and zinc have been recognized to have useful effects on the growth and nourishment of plants.
Functions of Mineral Nutrients
The mineral nutrients accomplish the following functions:
- Carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen enter into the cell wall and protoplasm and create the plant body.
- The minerals existing in the cell sap preserve the osmotic pressure of the cell.
- Calcium, sodium, and potassium preserve the permeability of the cell membrane.
- The cations and anions distress the pH of the cell sap.
- A few salts and minerals stabilize the destructive effect of other nutrients.
- Numerous elements act as a catalyst for biochemical reactions.
Metabolism of Nitrogen
It is the polymeric nitrogen consisting of mixtures like proteins and nucleic acids that describe the main characteristics of the creature such as function and structure. This reaction is catalyzed by the hetero-oligomeric protein complex collected of a reductase and a nitrogenize part.
Soil as a Reservoir of Essential Elements
Soil plays an important role in providing mineral nutrition. It not only deliveries minerals but also holds water, harbour nitrogen-fixing bacteria, other microbes, provides air to the roots, and acts as a matrix that steadies the plant.
Exercise-wise Discussion of NCERT Biology Exemplar Solutions Class 11 Chapter 12 – Mineral Nutrition
The chapter has around 4 exercises and 39 exemplar problems in total. All the questions are according to the latest NCERT pattern. Below you will see how the exercises are divided into the chapter.
Exercise 1 –Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
Exercise 1 of Chapter 12 has 8 multiple-choice exemplar problems based on the concept of mineral nutrition. Practising these questions will make you understand the essential mineral elements.
Exercise 2 – Very Short Answer Type Questions
This exercise set consists of 16 very short answer types of exemplar problems based on the translocation of solutes, metabolism of nitrogen, and soil as a reservoir of essential elements.
Exercise 3 –Short Answer Type Questions
This exercise has around 7 exemplar problems that are completely related to the main topics of this chapter including the mechanism of absorption of elements, and methods to study the mineral requirements of plants.
Exercise 4 –Long Answer Type Questions
This exercise set has a total of 8 exemplar problems in which you will find brief explanations of the questions. This is the best exercise to practice to have an in-depth knowledge of the chapter.
Why Use NCERT Biology Exemplar Solutions Class 11 Chapter 12 – Mineral Nutrition by Instasolv?
- The language used in the exemplar solutions is very easy to understand.
- The problems in NCERT Exemplar Book are solved by the expert Biology teachers at Instasolv and follow the latest syllabus released by NCERT.
- Referring to the study material provided by Instasolv will not only help you prepare for the academic exam but also for the competitive exams.
- NCERT Exemplar Class 11 Biology Problems and Solutions for Chapter 12 will help you have an in-depth understanding of all the concepts of the chapter.
- Any doubts related to any difficult topic of the chapter will be cleared if you will study these solutions accurately.