NCERT Exemplar Class 11 Biology Chapter 15 Solutions: Plant Growth and Development
NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 15 illustrates that meristematic tissues help in the development of the plants. These tissues are generally divided into three parts including apical meristem, which provisions the primary growth of the plants. The second one is the lateral meristem which donates to the elongation in the plant along with its girth.
In this chapter of NCERT Exemplar Class 11 Biology Solutions, you will see exemplar problems based on plant growth, differentiation, development, plant growth regulators, dedifferentiation and redifferentiation, plant growth regulators, vernalization, and photoperiodism. It contains 4 exercises with 48 questions in total. Practising the questions based on these important topics of the chapter, you will also get the native idea of plant growth and development.
NCERT Exemplar Class 11 Biology Solutions Chapter 15 – Plant Growth and Development are prepared after huge research by highly experienced Biology teachers at Instasolv. Referring to these solutions will enhance your basic concepts, which in turn, results in answering the questions without mistakes. So, in order to score good marks, you are suggested to follow these NCERT Exemplar Solutions provided by Instasolv now.
Important Topics for NCERT Biology Exemplar Solutions Class 11 Chapter 15 – Plant Growth and Development
Plant Growth and Development
Growth refers to an irreversible change in physical form. In plants, the grouping of cell growth and cell division results in a nearly indefinite growth. This capability is due to the existence of tissues known as meristems at various parts of the plant body.
Growth – Plant Growth Generally is Indeterminate
- Plants are called to preserve the ability to grow for an indefinite period, therefore their growth is exclusive. This capability can be donated to the existence of meristems at various locations in their body.
- The root and shoot apical meristems are accountable for the primary growth of the plants subsidizing the plant elongation through the axis.
- The lateral meristems, cork-cambium in gymnosperms, vascular cambium, and dicotyledonous plants appear later on. These meristems raise the girth of lively structures resulting in the secondary growth of plants.
Growth – Growth Is Measurable
- At the cellular level, it is the rise in the amount of protoplasm. Growth is calculated by a variety of metrics such as a rise in dry weight, area, volume, fresh weight, length, cell number.
- In some plants, growth is represented as a rise in the cell number, rise in the cell size, while in some others, growth is observed in terms of growth of pollen tube, lengthwise, rise in surface area, and so on.
Growth – Phases of Growth
The growth period can be categorized into three phases including meristematic, elongation, and maturation.
The growth rate is mentioned as improved growth per unit time. Objects can generate cells in many ways including arithmetic, geometric. Quantitative similarities or differences between growths of living entities can be done in two ways including absolute growth and relative growth rate.
Exercise-wise Discussion of NCERT Biology Exemplar Solutions Class 11 Chapter 15 – Plant Growth and Development
Exercise 1 – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
The first exercise of the chapter has around 12 questions which are multiple-choice questions. These questions that make you understand how meristematic tissues help in the development of the plants.
Exercise 2 – Very Short Answer Type Questions
This exercise has around 13 very short answer type questions which are completely related to the main topics of this chapter including plant growth, differentiation, development, plant growth regulators, dedifferentiation and redifferentiation, plant growth regulators, vernalization, and photoperiodism.
Exercise 3 – Short Answer Type Questions
This exercise set has a total of 20 short answer type questions in which you will get short descriptions of the situation mentioned.
Exercise 4 – Long Answer Type Questions
This exercise set has a total of 3 long answer type questions. These questions are generally based on high order thinking skills. If you face issues in solving the questions, you can refer to NCERT Exemplar Class 11 Solutions for Chapter 15 by Instasolv.
Why Use NCERT Biology Exemplar Solutions Class 11 Chapter 15 – Plant Growth and Development by Instasolv?
- Through these exemplar solutions, we encourage you to develop a smarter way of learning with the well-crafted solutions provided by our experts.
- Accessing the NCERT Exemplar solutions from the comfort of your home will spontaneously increase your attention on the significant topics as there is no distraction of a crowded tuition class.
- Our subject matter experts have done thorough research on the topics of Chapter 15 – Plant Growth and Development to create these answers for you.
- The solutions provided by the experts of Instasolv helps to give a clear perspective about the key ideas of the chapter and will help you excel in your academic exams as well as competitive exams.
- In case of any doubts in any question, you will not have to rush anywhere else as we have provided you with the best answers.