NCERT Exemplar Class 11 Biology Chapter 20 Solutions: Locomotion and Movement
NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 20 will help you understand about muscle fibres and skeletal systems. Locomotion and Movement is one of the stimulating and easiest chapters of NCERT Exemplar Class 11 Biology Solutions. Other main topics of the chapter include types of movement, muscle, joints, disorders of the muscular and skeletal system, and more.
Chapter 20 – Locomotion and Movement has 4 exercises with a total of 39 exemplar problems. Answering the questions based on these important topics of the chapter, you will get the basic idea of locomotion and movement. NCERT Exemplar books have been recommended for years as a comprehensive source of material to CBSE students, to improve their analytical skills.
The NCERT Exemplar solutions have been prepared by expert teachers of Biology as per the latest syllabus released by CBSE. Also, it consists of easy to learn answers to the exemplar problems given in the textbook. Referring to these solutions will help you in clearing your doubts and in understanding the important concepts. So, if you wish to score well in your exams, then follow the solutions provided by Instasolv now.
Important Topics for NCERT Biology Exemplar Solutions Class 11 Chapter 20 – Locomotion and Movement
Locomotion is mentioned as the voluntary movement executed by animals. The process differs depending upon the habitat and request of the situation. Usually, locomotion is accepted out in search of shelter, mate, food, appropriate climatic conditions, breeding grounds, escaping from predators.
Types of Movement
Over the aeons, development has established many systems of locomotion and movement, early squid-like creatures known as ammonites used jet propulsion to move around in the ancient seas. Snails use adhesive locomotion, where it gradually contracts and relaxes its muscular foot. Humans are bipedal, signifying that they use their hind limbs for locomotion.
Usually, an adult human has around 650 to 840 muscles in the body. These muscles are categorized into 3 types and are listed as follows:
- Skeletal Muscle: These are closely related to the skeletal components of the body having a barred appearance when observed under a microscope hence called striated muscles. Mainly, these muscles are included in the locomotory actions and the changes of the body posture.
- Visceral Muscle: These are located in the inner walls of the hollow visceral structures of the body such as the reproductive tract, alimentary canal, etc. and display no striations. As they seem smooth, they are mentioned as smooth muscles.
- Cardiac Muscle: These are the types of muscles that are located in the heart, where the cells display in a dividing pattern starting cardiac muscles. These are striated and involuntary in nature.
Joints connect bones and even cartilages together. They are vital for movement. They can be categorized into the following:
- Fibrous Joints: These joints allow no movement. For example, flat skull bones, blending end-to-end with the help of thick fibrous connective tissues creating sutures and lastly developing cranium.
- Cartilaginous Joints: The bones here are connected by the cartilages. The joint between adjacent vertebrae in the vertebral column is of this design lets controlled movements.
- Synovial Joints: The fluid-filled synovial cavities amongst the expressing surfaces of two bones, authorizing some movement. For example, hinge joint, ball, and socket joint, etc.
Exercise-wise Discussion of NCERT Biology Exemplar Solutions Class 11 Chapter 20 – Locomotion and Movement
Exercise 1 –Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
In this exercise of Chapter 20 – Locomotion and Movement there are a total of 14 questions that are based on the concepts of muscle fibres and skeletal systems.
Exercise 2 – Very Short Answer Type Questions
This exercise consists of a total of 10 very short answer type questions based on types of movement, muscle, joints, disorders of the muscular and skeletal system, and more.
Exercise 3 –Short Answer Type Questions
In this exercise, there are a total of 9 exemplar problems. Practising these questions will help you prepare for the exams well.
Exercise 4 –Long Answer Type Questions
Exercise 4 contains a total of 6 exemplar problems. They are long answer type questions based on the main concepts of the chapter.
Why Use NCERT Biology Exemplar Solutions Class 11 Chapter 20 – Locomotion and Movement by Instasolv?
NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Biology made available by the experts of Instasolv are highly recommended if you want to make an effective preparation for your CBSE exam as well as entrance exams. These solutions are developed in sync with the latest syllabus released by NCERT for CBSE Class 11th. Moreover, they include explanations of important exemplar problems that are accurate, consistent, and pretty easy to understand.
In case, you are finding it difficult to understand the concepts of Chapter 20 – Locomotion and Movement, then you can understand the same through NCERT Exemplar for Class 11 Biology provided by Instasolv. You can access them for free at any time.