NCERT Exemplar Class 11 Biology Chapter 22 Solutions: Chemical Coordination and integration
NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 22 deal with Endocrine Glands and Hormones, Human Endocrine System, Mechanism of Hormone action, Hormones of Heart, Kidney, and Gastrointestinal Tract. In this chapter of NCERT Exemplar Class 11 Biology, you will also study the organs in brief that are responsible for producing hormones. Also, we have made the chapter interesting with our step-by-step solutions so that you can grasp the entire content properly.
The chapter of NCERT Exemplar Class 11 Biology Solutions for Class 11 Chapter 22 has around 4 exercises with a total of 39 questions. Solving the problems, you will learn how chemical coordination and integration takes place. All the NCERT Exemplar questions for the chapter are according to the latest syllabus released by CBSE. So, solving the exercises will help you prepare for the CBSE exams well.
Follow these NCERT Exemplar Class 11 Biology Problems and Solutions for Chapter 22 – Chemical Coordination and Integration to study and understand the difficult concepts of this chapter in the best possible manner. We have undergone thorough research to get accurate solutions for you. So, revising the chapter with the help of solutions provided by us will help you to perform better in the CBSE exam.
Important Topics for NCERT Biology Exemplar Solutions Class 11 Chapter 22 – Chemical Coordination and Integration
Human Endocrine System
In humans, the endocrine system consists of various ductless glands that control the functions of the body or evoke definite responses in the body. The endocrine system secretes various hormones directly into the blood that help in controlling various functions of the body. The properties and functions of hormones are provided below.
Properties of Hormones
The properties of hormones are listed below:
- They are unconfined by the endocrine glands straight into the blood.
- These do not have antigens and are usually short-lived.
- Hormones organize numerous physical and metabolic activities and preserve homeostasis.
- These are essential in very low concentrations.
- Some hormones act rapidly.
- A few hormones including proinsulin are secreted in an inactive form. These are called prohormones.
- Hormones are exact and are supported to a definite target organ.
Classification of Hormones
The hormones can be divided into two types including:
- Lipid soluble hormones – These are the hormones that contain thyroid and steroid hormones
- Water-soluble hormones – These are the hormones that include peptide, protein, and amine hormones.
Functions of Hormones
The important functions of hormones are listed below:
- They help in monitoring the growth and development of the human body.
- They preserve homeostasis of the body.
- Recruits sexual development and reproduction.
- Regulates hunger and thirst.
- Support in food metabolism.
Endocrine Glands and Their Functions
Some of the endocrine glands and their functions are provided below:
- Thymus: Supports the adaptive immune system to function correctly and creates T-cells.
- Parathyroid: Controls calcium levels in the body.
- Thyroid: The hormones created by the thyroid gland disturb the heart rate.
- Adrenal: The hormones stashed by adrenal gland control cortisol and stress hormone.
- Testes: In men, the testes secrete the testosterone, male sex hormone, and generates sperm.
- Pancreas: This gland generates insulin crucial to preserve blood sugar levels.
- Ovaries: Ovaries secrete estrogen, progesterone, and other female sex hormones.
Exercise-wise Discussion of NCERT Biology Exemplar Solutions Class 11 Chapter 22 – Chemical Coordination and Integration
Exercise 1 –Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
The first exercise of the chapter contains 15 multiple-choice questions based on the important concepts of the chapter. In these exemplar problems, you have to choose the correct answer out of the four options given.
Exercise 2 – Very Short Answer Type Questions
Exercise 2 of Chapter 22 – Chemical Coordination and Integration consists of 11 exemplar problems. These problems are based on the important concepts of the chapter including Endocrine Glands and Hormones, Human Endocrine System, Mechanism of Hormone action, Hormones of Heart, Kidney, and Gastrointestinal Tract. In this chapter, you will also study the organs in brief that are responsible for producing hormones.
Exercise 3 –Short Answer Type Questions
This exercise has a total of 8 short answer type questions for your reference.
Exercise 4 –Long Answer Type Questions
In this exercise, there are a total of 5 long answer type questions. Here, you will find a brief explanation of each question. Practice well to clear your concepts.
Why Use NCERT Biology Exemplar Solutions Class 11 Chapter 22 – Chemical Coordination and Integration by Instasolv?
- The NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 22 provided by Instasolv are well defined and highly effective for accurate preparation.
- The concepts of Chapter 22 – Chemical Coordination and Integration are explained using easy to understand language.
- At Instasolv, these solutions are prepared by qualified Biology teachers having extensive knowledge of the subject.
- All these solutions contain detailed and well-researched answers for every exemplar problem.
- These NCERT Exemplar Problems and Solutions for Class 11 Biology helps you in understanding practical questions with ease.
- One of the main advantages is that these solutions are easily available and are provided free of cost.