NCERT Exemplar Class 11 Biology Chapter 5 Solutions: Morphology of Flowering Plants
NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 5 will help you understand the concepts based on the root, stem, leaf, flower, seed, fruit, inflorescence and semi-technical description of typical flowering plants. Flowering plants reveal huge variations in shape, size, mode of nutrition, structure, life span, and habitat. It is an important chapter of NCERT Class 11 Biology Exemplar which will clear your concepts about the morphology of flowering plants and the description of some important plant families.
Chapter 5 of NCERT Exemplar Class 11 Biology consists of 4 exercises with 42 questions in total. With the help of our solutions, you can understand them all. We have undergone thorough research to get accurate solutions for you. We have arranged the NCERT Exemplar Class 11 Biology Problems and Solutions for Chapter 5 so that you can go through them one at a time and step up your confidence.
You can follow our NCERT Exemplar problems and solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter anywhere and at any time. All our solutions are based on the latest CBSE curriculum for Class 11 Biology and contain easy to understand explanations of this chapter.
Important Topics for NCERT Biology Exemplar Solutions Class 11 Chapter 5 – Morphology of Flowering Plants
Morphology of Flowering Plants
The term morphology of flowering plants generally discusses the study of external characteristics of flowering plants. The external parts of the flower include the root system and the shoot system.
The Root system is the part of the plant that is located underground and which originated from the seed embryo. The main purposes of the roots are to deliver support to the plant, loading of food and nutrients and absorption of water and other vital nutrients necessary for growth and development. There are three various types of roots. Some of them are listed below:
- Taproot: Carrot and Radish
- Fibrous Root: Wheat, Rice, and Maize
- Adventitious Root: Oak trees and Cypress
The Shoot system refers to the part of the plant that is located above the ground and which is also above the root and ground level. This shoot system comprises the stem, leaves, and flower.
- The stem refers to the part of the shoot system that endures leaves, buds, flowers, and fruits. The main function of the stem is to carry the liquids between the root and the shoot system, sustenance for and the promotion of flowers, leaves, and fruits, manufacture of new living tissue and supply of nutrients.
- Leaves are the essential organ of a plant that plays a significant role in the biological procedure of photosynthesis.
- The flower is the reproductive building of a flowering plant. The flower is also called bloom or blossom. The leading biological function of a flower is the growth of seeds and fruits. Most of the flowers are happy in colour in order to appeal to animals, birds and other insects for the transmission of a pollen grain. The external parts of a flower consist of sepals, stamens, petals, and carpels.
Exercise-wise Discussion of NCERT Biology Exemplar Solutions Class 11 Chapter 5 – Morphology of Flowering Plants
Exercise 1 –Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
The first exercise of the chapter has around 10 questions which are multiple-choice questions. These questions are based on the main topics including the root, the stem, the leaf, the flower, the seed, the fruit, the inflorescence, semi-technical description of typical flowering plants, and description of some important families.
Exercise 2 – Very Short Answer Type Questions
This exercise has around 10 exemplar problems which are entirely based on topics like variations in shape, size, mode of nutrition, structure, life span, and habitat. All the questions in this exercise are very short answer type questions.
Exercise 3 –Short Answer Type Questions
This exercise set has a total of 14 questions in which you need to explain the questions with less explanation. This exercise also has a diagram question which makes it easier for you to understand the question.
Exercise 4 –Long Answer Type Questions
This exercise set has a total of 8 questions in which you need to give proper reasoning of the situation mentioned.
Why Use NCERT Biology Exemplar Solutions Class 11 Chapter 5 – Morphology of Flowering Plants by Instasolv?
- Instasolv provides advanced methods to study online. Along with the NCERT Class 11 Exemplar Problems & Solutions for Biology Chapter 5 – Morphology of Flowering Plants, Instasolv provides access to all other chapter solutions as well.
- One of the main advantages of our solutions is that we cover all the questions and sub-questions of the exercises that can be downloaded anywhere and anytime.
- These solutions will help you to excel in your CBSE exams as well as in competitive exams.
You can access the NCERT Exemplar Solutions for the ‘Morphology of Flowering Plants’ Chapter for FREE!