NCERT Exemplar Class 11 Maths Chapter 10 Solutions: Straight Lines
NCERT Exemplar Solutions, for Class 11 Maths Chapter 10, deal with the concepts related to straight lines. Practising these solutions, you will be able to build a strong grip in maths and will result in better performance of your academic exams as well as competitive exams. All these solutions are prepared by the subject matter experts at Instasolv to provide you with a better understanding of the chapter NCERT Exemplar Class 11 Maths.
Some of the important topics of NCERT Exemplar Class 11 Maths Solutions Chapter 10 are the slope of a line, various forms of the equation of a line, general equation of a line, the angle between two lines, the distance of a point from a line, the distance between two parallel lines, collinearity of three points, locus and equation of locus, and the intersection of two given lines. We have covered all the topics in these solutions so you can prepare for your exams with ease.
Chapter 10 – Straight Lines has 3 main exercises with a total of 79 problems based on these straight lines concepts. Solving these questions will help you practice the concepts easily and prepare well for your exams. In order to score better marks, we would highly recommend you to follow our NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 10 provided by Instasolv.
Important Topics for NCERT Maths Exemplar Solutions Class 11 Chapter 10 – Straight Lines
The slope of a Line
The slope of a line is a number that calculates its “steepness”, commonly represented by the letter m. The slope of the line is constantly recalculated.
Various Forms of the Equation of a Line
Equation of the lines which are parallel or horizontal to the X-axis is y = p, where p is the y – coordinate of the points on the line. For example, the equation of the line which is parallel to the X-axis and consists of the point (5, 8) is y = 8.
General Equation of a Line
Any equation of the form Px + Qy + R = 0, with P and Q, is not zero at the same time and is known as the general equation of a line.
Distance between Two Parallel Lines
- Find the coordinates of any point on one of the given lines, rather by putting and y = 0.
- The perpendicular distance of this point from the other line is the distance between the lines which is required.
Important Formulas of Straight Lines
- Slope of a line (m) passing through the points (p1, q1) and (p2, q2) = (p2 – q1)/ (p2 – p1) = (q1 – q2)/ (p1 – p2), p1 ≠ p2
- If a line forms an angle with the positive direction of the x-axis, then the slope of the line is expressed as m = tan α, α ≠ 90°
- Equation of the line passing through the points (p1, q1) and (p2, q2) can be stated as q – q1 = (q2 – q1)(p – p1)/ (p2– p1)
- A line with coordinate (p, q) with slope (m) and y-intercept (c) lies on the line only if y = mp + c
- A line with slope (m) and x-intercept (d) lies on the line only if y = m(p – d)
- An equation of a line having intercepted a and b on x-axis and y-axis can be stated as (p/a) + (q/b) = 1
Exercise-wise Discussion of NCERT Maths Exemplar Solutions Class 11 Chapter 10 – Straight Lines
Exercise 10.1 – Short Answer Type Questions
NCERT Exemplar Class 11 for Chapter 10 Exercise 10.1 has a total of 12 questions. These questions are based on the topics of the slope of a line, various forms of the equation of a line, general equation of a line, the angle between two lines, the distance of a point from a line, the distance between two parallel lines, and collinearity of three points.
Exercise 10.2 – Long Answer Type Questions
This exercise consists of a total of 9 questions based on the locus and equation of locus and the intersection of two given lines. All these questions are explained in detail.
Exercise 10.3 – Objective Type Questions
This exercise contains a total of 39 questions in total. While practising these exercises you will find the very short answer type questions including fill in the blanks, match the following, multiple-choice questions, and state true or false.
Why Use NCERT Maths Exemplar Solutions Class 11 Chapter 10 – Straight Lines by Instasolv?
- The NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 10 contain conceptual sums, which cover your academic and competitive exams.
- The solutions provided by Instasolv include extra questions of a higher level and are meant for providing in-depth learning.
- Our expert maths teachers have illustrated the key concepts, skills, and steps that are required to successfully solve a given problem.
- The solutions offered by Instasolv are updated regularly, are to the point, detailed and at the same time provide an in-depth overview of the chapter.