NCERT Exemplar Class 11 Physics Chapter 15 Solutions: Waves
NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 15 you will get familiar with the fact that waves are caused by the troubles which travel through a specific medium due to frequent periodic motion of the elements about their mean position. You will study the characteristics of waves, basic terminologies related to waves, types of waves, the reflection of waves, the speed of a travelling wave, Doppler Effect, displacement relation in a progressive wave, and beats.
All the topics in the NCERT Exemplar Class 11 Physics Solutions Physics Chapter 15 are explained with the examples and pictorial representation. This helps you to understand the concept of waves in a better way. Chapter 15 contains 5 exercises with a total of 36 exemplar problems. All the questions are according to the latest NCERT pattern.
The Exemplar solutions are prepared by expert teachers of Physics who are very experienced. Also, we have arranged the problems in NCERT Exemplar chapter 15 topic-wise so that you can go through them one at a time and step up the ladder of self-confidence as you go through them. You can follow the solutions anywhere, and at any time.
Important Topics for NCERT Physics Exemplar Solutions Class 11 Chapter 15 – Waves
What are the Types of Waves?
Generally, there are four types of waves. They are listed as follows:
- Mechanical Waves: These waves can exist in physical media and follow Newton’s laws.
- Transverse Waves: These waves are stated to those whose elements oscillate in a perpendicular motion of the direction of transmission of the wave.
- Longitudinal Waves: These waves are stated to those whose elements oscillate along the way of the transmission of the wave.
- Progressive Waves: In these waves, particles move from one point of the medium.
Transverse and Longitudinal Waves
A transverse wave is a wave where the particles are moved perpendicular to the direction in which the wave travels. For example, sensations on a string and flows on the surface of the water. In a longitudinal wave, the particles are moved parallel to the direction in which the wave travels.
When two similar waves moving in opposite directions obstruct, it results in a standing wave. These waves are considered by the zero displacement locations which are fixed and are known as nodes and locations of extreme displacements termed as antinodes.
The Wavelength of a Wave
In the instance of a progressive wave, the space between two items in the identical phase at that specific time period is termed as the wavelength of a wave. Space is double the number of two successive nodes and antinodes.
The change in the occurrence of a wave when the source or the observer or both of them are moving proportionally to the medium. This process is used in various scientific phases such as planetary science. Doppler Effect is a rise or falls in the frequency of sound, light, or other waves as the source and observer move close to or far from one another.
Time Period of Oscillation
The time taken by a component to move through one complete oscillation is known as time period.
Exercise-wise Discussion of NCERT Physics Exemplar Solutions Class 11 Chapter 15 – Waves
Exercise 15.1 – Multiple Choice Questions I
This is the first exercise of the chapter and has 10 questions that are based on multiple-choice questions based on the main topics of the chapter.
Exercise 15.2 – Multiple Choice Questions II
Exercise 2 of NCERT Exemplar Class 11 Solutions for Chapter 15 consists of 7 questions that are also multiple-choice questions.
Exercise 15.3 – Very Short Answer Type Questions
This exercise of the chapter has around 7 questions which are very short answer type questions based on the characteristics of waves and basic terminologies related to waves.
Exercise 15.4 –Short Answer Type Questions
This exercise of Chapter 15 ‘Waves’ has 7 questions which are short answer type questions. Practising these questions will help you clear your concepts.
Exercise 15.5 –Long Answer Type Questions
Exercise 15.5 of NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 15 consists of a total of 5 questions which are long answer type questions based on the topics types of waves, the reflection of waves, the speed of a travelling wave, Doppler Effect, displacement relation in a progressive wave, and beats.
Why Use NCERT Physics Exemplar Solutions Class 11 Chapter 15 – Waves by Instasolv?
- Solutions to the NCERT Exemplar questions provide an edge to you over the others because the solutions are accurate and to the point.
- These solutions cover all the necessary concepts that will help you in attempting all the questions asked in the CBSE exams with ease.
- Scoring marks will become easy for you with the help of the NCERT Exemplar Class 11 Physics Solutions for Chapter 15.
- The major part is that the solutions developed by us are free of cost for you.
- All the NCERT Exemplar solutions are prepared in accordance with the latest guidelines released by CBSE.