NCERT Exemplar Class 11 Physics Chapter 5 Solutions: Law of Motion
NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 5 has been developed by a highly qualified subject expert team with one exclusive purpose – to make educational content available to you with ease. Solutions to all the NCERT Exemplar Class 11 Physics are always broken down into simpler fragments in order to help you focus on the ‘technique to solve’ instead of the solution itself.
In Chapter 5 ‘Laws of Motion’, you will study the three laws of motion, linear momentum, the law of inertia, laws of friction, motion in a vertical circle, the law of conservation of momentum, equilibrium of a particle, circular motion, common forces in mechanics, and more. Also, studying the chapter will make you understand that it is essential to apply a force on a body to keep it in a uniform motion. There are 5 exercises and a total of 42 NCERT exemplar problems to practice.
Referring to these NCERT Exemplar Problems and Solutions for Class 11 Physics would help you to get familiar with the type of questions that can be asked in the CBSE class 11 physics exams. So, this way it will be easier for you to practice various topics and be confident about scoring better marks.
Important Topics for NCERT Physics Exemplar Solutions Class 11 Chapter 5 – Law of Motion
What is Inertia?
The feature of an object by virtue of which it cannot convert its state of uniform motion along a straight line or rest on its own is known as inertia. It is the portion of the mass of a body. Generally, there are 3 types of inertia.
- Inertia of rest
- Inertia of motion
- Inertia of direction
What is Force?
A force is a push or pulls upon an entity caused by the object’s relations with another object. Force can be further divided into two types that is a constant force and action at a distance force.
What are Newton’s Laws of Motion?
There are three main Newton’s Laws of Motion that are listed below:
- First Law: A body remains in uniform motion in a straight line unless it is forced by some external force to change that state.
- Second Law: The net force formed by an object is directly proportional to the magnitude of the net force and takes place in the direction of the force.
- Third Law: The third law of the motion states that to every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.
Circular motion is a measure of an object along the circumference of a circle or rotation along a circular path. It can be uniform, with a constant angular rate of rotation or non-uniform with a changing rate of rotation.
Exercise-wise Discussion of NCERT Physics Exemplar Solutions Class 11 Chapter 5 – Law of Motion
Exercise 5.1 – Multiple Choice Questions I
In this exercise of Chapter 5 – Law of Motion there are a total of 9 questions that are based on the concepts of three laws of motion.
Exercise 5.2 – Multiple Choice Questions II
NCERT Exemplar Solutions Class 11 Chapter 5 Exercise 5.2 contains a total of 6 questions. They are also multiple-choice questions where you have to find the right answer among the four options given. These questions are related to the law of inertia, laws of friction, and motion in a vertical circle.
Exercise 5.3 – Very Short Answer Type Questions
This exercise consists of a total of 10 very short answer type questions based on the law of conservation of momentum, the equilibrium of a particle, circular motion, common forces in mechanics, and more. This exercise includes fill in the blanks, match the following and state true or false type questions.
Exercise 5.4 –Short Answer Type Questions
In this exercise, there are a total of 8 questions. Practising these questions will help you prepare for the exams well.
Exercise 5.5 –Long Answer Type Questions
Exercise 5.5 contains a total of 8 questions. They are long answer type questions based on the main concepts of the chapter.
Why Use NCERT Physics Exemplar Solutions Class 11 Chapter 5 – Law of Motion by Instasolv?
- NCERT Exemplar books have been recommended for years as a comprehensive source of material to CBSE students, to improve their analytical skills.
- NCERT Exemplar Class 11 for Physics for Chapter 5 provided by Instasolv are easily available online.
- These solutions cover all the questions provided in the NCERT Exemplar textbook.
- These NCERT exemplar solutions are developed by the experts at Instasolv and are an inclusive study material to prepare for class 11 exams.
- They have proven to be essential for learning the syllabus and developing the confidence that is required to face the exams.
- The NCERT exemplar solutions describe the steps with accuracy, without skipping on important aspects of solving a question.