NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Chapter 11 Solutions: Biotechnology: Principles and Processes
NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 11 – Biotechnology: Principles and Processes is designed, keeping in mind the level of CBSE board exams. This chapter of NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology focuses on the significance of biotechnology – the utilisation of Biology for developing technologies and equipment for human welfare. Biotechnology is widely used in various fields such as diagnostics, waste management, therapeutics, genetically modified crops, energy production, and so on.
There are a total of 44 problems in the NCERT Exemplar book. These Exemplar problems have been divided into different categories – MCQs, very short answer questions, short answer questions and long answer questions. These questions are of higher aptitude level and practising them will prepare you for facing any type of questions in the exam.
Instasolv experts have come up with easy solutions to these tricky questions. The solutions will help you in clearing all your doubts and queries. Instasolv’s NCERT Exemplar Problems Class 12 Biology Solutions for chapter 11 offers you easy to comprehend solutions. You need not feel puzzled while solving Exemplar problems. Instasolv’s NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 11 – Biotechnology: Principles and Processes can be your ultimate practice book.
Important topics for NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 11 – Biotechnology: Principles and Processes
The two significant techniques that give rise to biotechnology are as follows:
- The amalgamation of the sterile environment into chemical engineering process: This is done for the purpose of growing only the desired microbe. This process is necessary for the manufacturing of vaccines, drugs, antibiotics etc.
- Genetic engineering: It involves direct manipulation of RNA and DNA into the genome of an organism. Transferring of new genes is done for improving the trait or function.
Principles of Biotechnology:
- Origin of replication
- Antibiotic resistance gene
Process of recombinant DNA technology:
Following are the processes involved in recombinant DNA technology:
- Isolation of genetic material – The membranes are broken down. Treatment of cells using lysosome, chitinase and cellulose takes place. Proteases and ribonucleases remove proteins and RNA, respectively. Ethanol helps in obtaining pure DNA via precipitation.
- Restriction digestion of the isolated DNA – Agarose gel helps in checking the progression of restriction digestion of DNA. The gene of interest gets inserted into a specific vector. Thus recombinant DNA molecules get formed.
- Amplification of gene of interest that utilises PCR – PCR helps in amplification of target gene of interest. Forward primer and reverse primer helps in the process. Taq polymerase is the most commonly used during PCR.
- Inserting the recombinant DNA into the host cell – The recipient cell becomes competent in order to take up the recombinant DNA.
- Expression of the desired protein – The purpose of recombinant DNA is to get desired protein of interest. The protein thus obtained is known as a recombinant protein.
Discussion of exercises of NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 11 – Biotechnology: Principles and Processes
- The 44 Exemplar problems have been divided into different sections, such as MCQs, very short answer questions, short answer questions and long answer questions.
- There are 19 MCQs in the given exercise. You will be given four options. Out of which you need to select the one correct option. You need to apply the theoretical concepts here for solving them.
- The 10 very short answer questions test your knowledge about the chapter. To get the correct answer, you need to be well-versed with the chapter. You have to provide an answer in one or two words.
- There are 12 short answer questions. You have to write brief and accurate answers to these questions.
- There are just 3 long answer questions. You need to write full-fledged answers, giving elaborate details and supporting your answer with proper reasoning and theory.
Why use Instasolv’s NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 11 – Biotechnology: Principles and Processes
Instasolv’s NCERT Exemplar Problems Class 12 Biology Solutions for Chapter 11 helps you practice the Exemplar problems with ease. You may find it difficult to solve the problems in NCERT Exemplar book all by yourself.
Using the NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 11 by Instasolv will help you understand the topics and concepts better. The solutions have been prepared by Instasolv experts in a comprehensible manner.
The Instasolv practice book will definitely give a boost to your marks in the CBSE Board exams if you use it efficiently.