NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Chapter 12 Solutions: Biotechnology and its Applications
NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 12 – Biotechnology and its Applications is a brilliantly designed practice book for you to ace CBSE Board exams. You can refer to this book anytime if you have the doubts regarding the chapter. The NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 12 covers topics like biotechnology and its applications, application of biotechnology in agriculture, application of biotechnology in medicine, ethical issues, and transgenic animals, and so on. This book will help you brush up all the topics of chapter 12. You will gain a better understanding of the concepts and topics.
There are a total of 57 problems in the NCERT Exemplar book. These questions follow the same pattern of questions that come in the exams. So the Exemplar problems are a mix of MCQs, very short answer questions, short answer questions and long answer questions. Solving these questions will give you a good grasp over the chapter.
Instasolv has come up with NCERT Exemplar Problems with Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 12. You can refer to this book if you are finding it hard to solve Exemplar problems of NCERT Class 12 Biology of chapter 12. If you have any doubts, you can refer to NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 12 by Instasolv. Instasolv experts have explained the concepts as well as prepared step by step answers for the NCERT problems.
Important topics for NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 12 – Biotechnology and its Applications
- Biotechnology: Utilisation of Biology for the development of technologies and products and using this for the welfare of human beings is called biotechnology. It is extensively used in diagnostics, therapeutics, processed food, energy productions, and genetically modified crops, and so on.
- Application of biotechnology in agriculture: Biotechnology is widely used in agriculture. It is used in fields like genetically engineered crop-based agriculture, agrochemicals, organic agriculture, and so on. By making some alterations in the genetic materials, genetically modified organisms or GMO can be acquired easily. GMOs are used for producing pest-resistant crops, reducing post-harvest losses, producing food with enhanced nutritional values, producing crops resistant to abiotic factors.
- Application of biotechnology in medicines: Biotechnology has a lot to contribute to the world of medicines. Usage of biotechnology in medicines is known as medicinal biotechnology. Because of medicinal biotechnology, genetically modified insulin or humulin can be produced. Humulins are helpful for the treatment of diabetic patients.
- Gene therapy: Gene therapy is extensively used for correction of heredity diseases. When defects are corrected in the genes, it is known as gene therapy. The abnormal genes are replaced by inserting normal genes.
- Molecular diagnosis: This process helps in the diagnosis of various diseases by using techniques like PCR, recombinant DNA technology, and so on.
- Transgenic animals: Animals whose DNA have been manipulated are known as transgenic animals. These animals help in gaining a better understanding of gene regulation. They also prove to be of great help in studying how genes help in the development of several diseases. These animals can be helpful in the testing of various vaccines and drugs and also help in manufacturing useful chemicals.
Discussion of exercises for NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 12 – Biotechnology and its Applications
- There are 57 indirect questions in the Exemplar book. These high aptitude questions are a bit difficult and tricky. The questions have been divided into various sections such as MCQs, very short answer questions, short answer questions and long answer questions.
- The multiple-choice questions or MCQs are 15 in number. There will be 4 options provided to you. You need to choose the correct answer. Having an in-depth knowledge of the chapter is highly essential to be able to choose the correct answer.
- Very short answer questions or VSAs are 17 in number. You need to answer them in one or two words. You can answer them if you are well versed with the chapter.
- There are 15 short answer questions or SAs. You need to write a correct yet crisp answer to these questions.
- The 10 long answer questions or LAs require you to answer them in an elaborate manner. You need to support your answers with proper theory and reasoning.
Why use Instasolv’s NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 12 – Biotechnology and its Applications?
The NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 12 – Biotechnology and its Applications has been prepared by the experts of Instasolv. You can prepare for your board exams by referring to this practice book. The NCERT Exemplar Problems Class 12 Biology Solutions for chapter 12, consists of detailed answers prepared by our subject matter experts.
These answers will help you solve the problems in NCERT Exemplar book much easier. You will not need the help of any teacher or guidance if you refer to the NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 12 – Biotechnology and its Applications by Instasolv. The easily comprehensible answers and their straightforward pattern help you get a better grasp over the chapter.
You will be able to tackle any type of question that is asked in the exam. Using this practice book will, for sure, improve your marks and help you pass out with flying colours.