NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Chapter 16 Solutions: Environmental Issues
NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 16: Environmental Issues tells us about the major issues relating to environmental pollution. Environmental issues are important as they own a serious threat to all the living species living in our ecosystem. In this NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Chapter, you will get to learn about the major environmental issues like air pollution, water pollution, solid wastes, greenhouse effect, global warming, ozone layer, and different types of wastes and much more.
NCERT Exemplar Chapter 16: Environmental Issues contains 55 exemplar questions from every part of the topic and, more importantly covering all the important aspects of the concepts associated with it. These questions are grouped into 4 sections namely: MCQs, VSA, SA, and the long answer type questions.
Our subject matter experts provide solutions to all the important questions which will definitely help you manage your time effectively during Board exams. This will also ease your efforts and may help you crack any difficult exams like AIIMS and NEET.
Important Topics for NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 16: Environmental Issues
With the growing time, it has been observed that the demands for food, water, electricity, automobiles, and different other commodities are kept increasing. These increases in demands create a lot of tremendous pressure on our precious natural resources. These pressures are also contributing to the pollution of air, water, and soil, etc.
Thus, you will have to learn about these kinds of environmental issues in this NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 16. Let’s have a look at them-
- Air Pollution and Its Control –
We, humans, are much dependent on fresh air for our respiratory needs. So, Is the fresh air present in our environment?. The answer would be simply no. But, Have you ever thought about how this air gets contaminated? This is just because of thermal plants, excessive use of vehicles and various industries releases harmful gases like nitrogen, oxygen that contaminates the air. Air pollution affects the growth of yielding crops, causing breathing issues in humans as well as living beings.
Electrostatic precipitator is used for removing particulates from contaminated air coming from thermal plants.
- Water Pollution and its Control –
Water pollution is the contamination of water bodies. This occurs usually by the abusing nature of human beings over water bodies. Sewage and wastewater, Mining activities, Accidental oil leakage, Leakage from sewer lines, Chemical fertilizers and pesticides are the causes of water pollution
There are several controlling measures to prevent water pollution out of which two most important ways are as follows:
- Reduce the use of herbicides, pesticides, and fertilizers.
- Proper sewage treatment and management.
- Ozone layer depletion –
As you know ozone in the stratosphere which protects us from ultraviolet radiation, is depleting due to the emission of chloro-flouro carbon(CFCs). This ozone layer depletion produces skin cancers, mutations, and other disorders.
- Greenhouse effect and Global warming –
The Greenhouse effect is the increase in the earth’s temperature. This effect arises due to the emission of “greenhouse gases” like carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide and CFCs which usually traps the sun’s heat and thus increases the temperature of the earth. These greenhouse gases act like a blanket, and which absorbs the infrared radiation and prevents the earth from escaping into outer space.
Global warming occurs when the carbon-dioxide, pollutants and other greenhouse gases present in the environment, absorb solar radiation and thus create hotness in the temperature of the earth. This is the major environmental issue facing our ecosystem.
Discussion of Exercises of NCERT Exemplar Class 12 biology solutions Chapter 16: Environmental Issues
- As discussed above, there are 55 NCERT Exemplar problems with solutions for class 12 biology that are there in this chapter. These questions are divided into 4 sections with the covering of all the concepts namely: MCQs, VSA, SA, and long answer type questions.
- The first set of NCERT Exemplar problems and solutions for CBSE Class 12 biology chapter 1 are multiple-choice questions. This section has 22 Exemplar problems in which you need to pick up the one correct answer among 4 options. These questions generally use the concepts of air, water, and noise pollution. Some of the questions are from biodegradable consumers as well.
- The second set of Exemplar problems are very short answer type questions. It has 15 questions which will test your knowledge on the topics like Eutrophication, Biomagnification, afforestation, treatment of electronic wastes, and so on. Some of them are fact-based as well.
- The third section is short answer type questions. It has 11 NCERT Exemplar Problems which will brush your knowledge on the concepts like Hybrid vehicle technology, Snow blindness, Bird pollution, greenhouse effect, etc. a question no. 8 is about the Joint Forest Management concept introduced by the Indian government.
- The fourth and the last section is long answer type questions. This section contains 7 NCERT Exemplar problems. These questions need a deeper understanding of the concepts of the entire NCERT Exemplar chapter 16 to overcome it. Generally from concepts like e-wastes, organic farming, modern landfill site, etc.
Why Use NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 16 by Instasolv?
NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 16 at Instasolv are provided in a comprehensive and detailed manner. It can be an ideal resource for CBSE Class 12 students aspiring for different competitive exams such as AIIMS or NEET. These NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 16 are framed as per your CBSE syllabus. It is suggested to you, when you are done with the NCERT textbook, just go through with these solutions by Instasolv. You will feel easier while solving tricky problems using it.