NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Chapter 2 Solutions: Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 2 Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants is an important study material that provides you knowledge about the important points of the chapter of NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology. There are a total of 53 questions in this chapter which are divided into various subsets of high-level exemplary problems. These questions are designed by experts adhering to the guidelines of the CBSE.
NCERT Exemplar Solutions Class 12 helps ace the toughest exams by providing the best solutions in the form of different types of questions and deep clarifications planned by the subject matter experts which enables you to sharpen your skills and total learning of various topics.
The NCERT Exemplar Problems and Solutions Class 12 Biology chapter 2 includes topics such as the concept of reproduction in plants, the parts of flowers, fertilization, double fertilization, after-fertilization, and its events and the basic terms related to it. You can prepare your summaries by learning from InstaSolv’s NCERT exemplar solutions for chapter 2 and get a quick handy note while preparing for the CBSE Board exams.
Important Topics NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 2 – Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
When you solve the NCERT Exemplar problems from chapter 2, you will be acquainted with the concepts explained in the NCERT textbooks. The following are the important topics discussed in the chapter:
- Arrangement of the flower: a flower consists of various parts such as calyx and corolla
- The calyx is the utmost spiral of the flower. It includes sepals. Calyx enclosed the rest of the flower in its bud stage. It may be dominant or non-dominant and may vary with colour sometimes.
- Corolla is the second spiral of the flower. There are many petals on it. These petals have colours and are very skinny and soft in texture. This feature of corolla helps in the pollination process.
- The androecium is the third spiral of the flower and it is the male procreative organ of the flower.
- Stamens are present in androecium and they are of 2 types: Anther and Filament
- The gynoecium is the last spiral of the flower and it is the female procreative part of the flower. It comprises the pistil and is placed in the dominant position of the thalamus. The further pistil consists of stigma, ovary, and style.
- Pollination: the process of carrying the grains from anther to stigma for the process of procreation in flowers. Self-pollination and cross-pollination are the two types of pollination.
- Self–pollination: This process takes place when the grains fall from anther to stigma on the flower of the same plant or the different flower lying on the same plant.
- Cross–pollination: it is the transferring of grains from the anther of one flower to the stigma of the alternative flower of another plant of a similar class.
- Fertilization: it is the method of procreation in plants that happens after the process of pollination. The union of pollen with an ovum to produce a zygote is part of the fertilization process.
- There are 3 types of fertilization: porogamy, chalazogamy, and misogamy
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 2 – Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
- The exercise of this chapter starts with 20 MCQs covering all the concepts of the chapter. This will help you understand the basic terms related to sexual reproduction in plants.
- It also covers some very short exemplary problems. There are 18 questions in total. It demands key answers to the questions. A diagrammatic representation of a few questions which involve the labelling of the diagram is also asked. These types of questions are marks fetching in nature but generally, students lose marks because of the wrong labelling of the diagram.
- The next series of questions have short answers. There are 10 questions in total. These types of questions require learning from in between the lines to frame the proper answers.
- The last part of the exercise comprises 5 long answer questions. There is always a chance of 8-10 marks of questions from this chapter.
Why Use NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 2 – Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants by Instasolv?
- NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 2 is a reliable source of education that will ease your learning and help you concentrate on other subjects too.
- InstaSolv’s NCERT Exemplar solutions for chapter 2 are available on the internet at no cost.
- These are the best study materials you can use for your final revision.
- We provide a step by step solution with the most frequently asked questions for you.
- You can also rely on us for solutions to your coursework project and other curricular tasks.