NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Chapter 3 Solutions: Human Reproduction
NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 3 – Human Reproduction is designed by the experts to help you ace the toughest exams with the detailed solutions of every concept adhering to the guidelines of CBSE. NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 3 includes topics such as the male and female reproductive system, process of the menstrual cycle, fertilization in human beings, the pregnancy and development of the embryo, parturition, lactation concepts, and the detailed labelling of male and female reproductive organs. There is always a chance of 12-15 marks of questions from this chapter during CBSE Board exams.
NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chapter 3 includes 48 exemplary problems in 1 exercise. To memorize every minute detail of the Biology subject is often very difficult for students, but InstaSolv helps you to understand the basic details with ease which further helps you to attempt every question in the examination irrespective of its difficulty level. It is always recommended to summarize the chapters to get quick handy notes for the final preparations of the CBSE Class 12 Board exams.
Important Topics for NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 3 Human Reproduction
The male organ of reproduction: It is located around the pelvic region in the lower abdomen. It helps in delivering the sperm for the fertilization process. It is composed of: testes, scrotum, penis, vas deferens urethra.
Female organs of reproduction: Their location is near the pelvic region and the major organs are vagina, cervix, and ovaries. The vagina is the excretory as well as the reproductive organ. It helps to connect the cervix to the outside body parts.
Process of fertilization: It’s the union of sperm with eggs to create a zygote. It is the important stage of reproduction without which reproduction couldn’t take place there are 2 types of fertilization: internal and external.
Internal fertilization: The sperm are directly released into the female’s body during the process of copulation, zygote then develops inside the mother and nourishes inside. It is common in all human beings and animals like dogs, cats, etc.
External fertilization: The union of egg and sperm takes place outside the female’s body. It is very common in organisms. During this process, the female places the eggs outside and the male parent puts the sperm on it and then the reproduction takes place.
Three Stages of pregnancy: The average gestation period in human being lasts for 38 weeks or 266 days and it has 3 intervals called Trimesters
Ist interval: is the embryonic development period from 1st week to 12th week
IInd interval: in this trimester the fetal development takes place. The period is the 13th to 24th week
IIIrd interval: at this stage the growth of the baby takes place. 25th week till the birth of the baby.
Menstrual Cycle: This is also called the tear of the uterus. This involves a lot of changes in the female body. These cycles take place every 28 to 30 days. The bleeding during menstruation takes place if the ovum does not fertilize, the lining of the uterus sheds which leads to outflow. Generally, in every girl at the age of 10-15 years at the time of puberty, menstruation takes place. It ends at the age of the early 50s, which is known as menopause. Menstruation takes place in four phases.
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 3 – Human Reproduction
- 18 multiple choice questions in the first part of the exercise, requiring clarity of every minute details of human reproduction and processes. These kind of questions are very common in the examination but often students lose their marks as they aren’t sure about marking the key answers
- The second part of the exercise includes 15 very short exemplary problems. These problems are a mixture of questions like filling in the blanks, matching the column, and filling in the missing details in the process chart. Etc.
- The third part of the exercise involves 10 exemplary problems. These are short essay type questions which require a thorough study of the chapter.
- The last part of the exercise has 5 long essay type problems. The best method of attempting these questions is with the help of diagrammatic representation.
Why Use NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 3 – Human Reproduction
- NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 3 provides student-friendly terms in a very skilful manner so that you can use them not only for the final examinations of grade 12 but also for the preparation of any competitive exams in the future.
- InstaSolv is an online platform that provides solutions for NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology for free. You can also rely on us for your coursework projects apart from your final examination preparations.
- Our solutions will save you by clarifying your doubts and help you make a time table to learn other subjects too.