NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Chapter 4 Solutions: Reproductive Health
NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 4- Reproductive Health will help you to revise the complete syllabus to score better in the CBSE Board exams. This chapter of NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 4- Reproductive Health covers all aspects of the chapter. After going through the solutions, you will have a clear idea of ways to achieve reproductive health for students to remember. Raise awareness of sexually transmitted diseases, Introduction of sex education in schools and universities, Group child vaccination program.
NCERT exemplar solution will also help you to understand the family planning measures, objectives of reproduction and child health care (CHR) programmers. NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 4- Reproductive Health has a total of 37questions that are divided into 4 sections touching all the topics based on Chapter 4- Reproductive Health. The questions are of various kinds which will help you get a complete revision through flow charts, diagrams, question banks, short and long type questions, objective type questions, and MCQs kind of questions exercises and worksheets related to genetics which are important from the CBSE board exam point of view.
Instasolv has created solutions to various NCERT exemplar solutions in unique and smooth steps that you can learn easily. By following the strategies of the professionals at Instasolv, you may better your grades in CBSE exams at the time and have an edge while taking various competitive exams like AIPMT, NEET and other graduate entrance exams.
Important Topics for NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 4- Reproductive Health
- According to the WHO, reproductive health means complete well-being in all aspects of physical, emotional, behavioural and social reproduction.
- Reproductive health: its problem and strategies:
- Reproductive health in a society is an important part of general health.
- Currently, there are extended programs under the popular name “Programs for Reproductive Health and Child Health” which cover further areas related to reproduction.
- Amniocentesis: It is a technique used to detect chromosomal abnormalities of developing embryos using amniotic fluid.
- Population Explosion and Birth Control: Controlling the population explosion and birth control improves people’s quality of life, improves health care, and better living conditions negatively affect the population explosion.
- Measures to control population explosion:
- Use different contraceptive methods.
- Make people aware of the behaviour of a large family.
- Increasing the marital age of women and men.
- Contraceptive methods are used to prevent unwanted pregnancies and to modify the menstrual cycle.
- Contraceptive methods: a) Natural or conventional methods b) prevention methods c) IUDs d) oral contraceptives e) injections f) Implants g) surgical procedures.
- In Barrier methods, the method uses a barrier to prevent the egg and sperm from physically meeting.
- Advantages of barrier methods:
- It is disposable.
- Easily inserted.
- They are reusable.
- Oral Pills: Progesterone or progesterone-estrogen combination used by women in tablet form. They prevent ovulation and implantation and alter the quality of the cervical mucus to prevent/delay sperm entry.
- Surgical method– A method of sterilization.
- Vasectomy in men is a surgical procedure; to prevent sperm release; a small portion of the vas deferens is removed or bound by small cuts on the ovary.
- Tubectomy in women is a surgical procedure in which a small portion of the fallopian tube is surgically removed.
- Methods of Medical Termination of Pregnancy: Voluntary termination of pregnancy before termination is known as MTP (induced medical termination of pregnancy) or induced abortion.
- Sexually Transmitted Disease (STDs): Sexually transmitted diseases or infections are collectively known as sexually transmitted diseases or venereal disease (RV) or reproductive tract infection (RTI). Common gonorrhoea, syphilis, genital herpes, chlamydiosis, genital warts, trichomoniasis, hepatitis-ba, and AIDS
- STDs can be cured or prevented by–
- Avoiding sexual interactions with unknown partners or multiple partners.
- Using condoms is advisable.
- Infertility: Couples who are unable to breed children despite having unprotected sex are called infertility. The causes can be many – physical, congenital, disease, drugs, immunological or psychological.
- Assisted reproductive technologies (ART), they are
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)- Pregnancy outside the body after embryo transfer is commonly known as the test tube baby program.
- GIFT (gamete intrafallopian transfer) – Transfer of donor-collected gametes to fallopian tubes of another woman who does not produce an egg.
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)- Special procedures for embryonic formation in the laboratory in which the sperm is injected directly into the uterus
- Artificial insemination– This technique treats infertility cases where the male partner is unable to produce healthy sperm, in which the donor-collected sperm artificially enters the vagina or uterus.
Discussion of Exercises of NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 4
- The first section of NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 4 has 13 questions which are MCQs that are based on the concepts of contraceptive methods and related devices, ZIFT procedure and sexually transmitted diseases.
- The second section has 10 questions which are very short answer type questions that will help you to understand medical termination procedure (MTP), infertility in human and Assisted reproductive technologies (ART).
- The third section has 9 questions which are short answer types that will ask you to give reasons for different terminologies including reproductive tract infections RTIs are STDs, Copper ions-releasing IUDs, and procedure of GIFT.
- The fourth section has 5 questions which are long answer type questions that are based on explanation over amniocentesis in our country and introducing sex education to school-going children.
- The NCERT exemplar questions include the simplest quality problems that will test you in varying levels of difficulty on any given topic. Questions that are mentioned within the NCERT exemplar are of immense importance from CBSE’s point of view.
Why Use NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 4- Reproductive Health by Instasolv?
- NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology Solutions Chapter 4- Reproductive Health by Instasolv expert incorporates all the significant subjects with point by point clarification that plans to assist students with understanding the ideas better.
- Experiencing the arrangements given on this page will assist you in knowing how to approach and take care of the issues.