NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 13 Solutions: Amines
NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions Chapter 13 – Amines can be your ultimate guide for the preparation of CBSE Board exams as well as competitive exams. The Chapter of NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry essentially covers several significant topics like amines, preparation of amines, physical properties of amines, etc. There are in total 77 problems in the NCERT Exemplar book. These questions have been categorized into different sections like MCQs, short answer type questions, matching type questions, assertion and reason type questions, and long answer type questions.
Once you have completed the Chapter from your NCERT textbook, you can refer to NCERT Exemplar Problems with Solutions for Class 12 Chapter 13 Chemistry. Revising your Chapter from the practice book will be extremely helpful for you.
Instasolv has prepared the NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions Chapter 13 – Amines, keeping in mind the difficulties that you often come across while going through this lesson. The experts of Instasolv have strictly followed the CBSE guidelines while preparing the solutions. The solutions have been prepared in an easily comprehensible manner.
Important topics for NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions Chapter 13 – Amines
- Classification of amines:
- Preparation of amines: It is possible to reduce nitro compounds catalytically. This is done by passing hydrogen gas in the active presence of Raney Ni. The catalyst is Pt or Pd.
It is possible to reduce the nitro compounds as well as using active metals such as Sn, Zn, and Fe, etc.
- Physical properties of amines:
- Boiling points – Primary as well as secondary amines have high boiling points. This is so because they are capable of forming hydrogen bonding. The tertiary amine is not able to form hydrogen because of the absence of hydrogen atom available for hydrogen bond formation. So the order of isomeric amines boiling can be shown as
- Solubility – Lower aliphatic amine is soluble in water. It is possible because they are capable of forming hydrogen bonding along with water. Solubility increases as well as a decrease in molar mass of amines. This increase or decrease happens because of the increase in hydrophobic group size.
Discussion of exercises of NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions Chapter 13 – Amines
- There are 77 NCERT Exemplar problems. These problems have been divided into different sections, such as multiple-choice questions of MCQs, short answer type questions, matching type questions, assertion and reason type questions, and long answer type questions.
- MCQs are of two types – MCQ type I and MCQ type II. Type I MCQS are 27 in number, and Type II MCQs are 10 in number. MCQs type I offers you four options, out of which only one is correct. The MCQs type II offers you four options, out of which two or more than two can be correct.
- Short answer type questions are 28 in number. They cover all the concepts of the given Chapter. You need to provide crisp and accurate answers to these short questions.
- There are just two matching type questions. Here you need to match the items in Column I with the items in column II.
- Assertion and reason type questions are 5 in number. Here, both the assertion and reason can be correct. Or, both of them can be false. Also, it is possible that out of the two, only one is true, and the other is false. You need to choose accordingly.
- Long answer type questions are three in number. You need to provide long, detailed, elaborated, well-explained answers, and back them with proper reasoning, formulae, theories, ideas, and so on.
Why use NCERT Exemplar Problems Class 12 Chemistry Solutions by Instasolv?
- NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions Chapter 13 has been prepared by our experts at Instasolv. We know that Exemplar problems can get overwhelming at times.
- You may find it quite challenging to solve Exemplar problems of NCERT Class 12 Chemistry.
- You can refer to this book if you have even the slightest of queries and doubts in the given Chapter.
- The solutions have been prepared in an easy, step by step, comprehensible manner.
- The solutions are highly reliable as the Instasolv experts have prepared them following the guidelines of CBSE.
- Revising the Chapter from NCERT Exemplar Problems Class 12 Chemistry Solutions and practising the questions regularly will definitely give you an edge over others and you will be able to score the highest marks.