NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 14 Solutions: Biomolecules
NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions Chapter 14 – Biomolecules is the best practice book for the preparation of CBSE Board examinations. You can refer to this practice book whenever you are in doubt or if you have any queries. The chapter of NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry covers many significant topics and concepts like carbohydrates, classification of carbohydrates, oligosaccharides, polysaccharides, preparation of glucose, and so on.
There are a total of 71 problems in the NCERT Exemplar book. These Exemplar problems have been divided into different sections, such as MCQs, short answer type questions, matching type questions, assertion and reason type questions, and long answer type questions.
Instasolv has come up with a brilliantly designed practice book NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions Chapter 14 – Biomolecules. This book is extremely reliable as the solutions have been prepared by our experts following the guidelines of CBSE as well as NCERT Textbook. We have kept in mind the obstacles that you often face while solving the Exemplar problems.
Important topics for NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions Chapter 14
- Carbohydrates: These are polyhydroxy aldehydes or polyhydroxy ketones or compounds on hydrolysis that give rise to carbohydrates.
- Classification of carbohydrates: There are three types of carbohydrates –
- Monosaccharides – These are the simplest carbohydrates. They cannot be hydrolyzed into simpler compounds. Examples of monosaccharides are mannose and glucose.
- Oligosaccharides – These are the carbohydrates that give rise to 2 to 10 monosaccharide units upon hydrolysis. Examples of oligosaccharides are lactose, maltose, and sucrose, and so on.
- Polysaccharides – These are the carbohydrates that, upon hydrolysis, produce a large number of monosaccharide units. Examples of polysaccharides are starch and cellulose.
- Preparation of glucose:
- Structure of glucose
- Types of amino acids:
- Essential amino acids – The amino acids which we cannot synthesize in our body can be obtained from diets. These amino acids are called essential amino acids. For instance, Leucine, Valine are essential amino acids.
- Non-essential amino acids – The amino acids that we can synthesize in our body are known as non-essential amino acids. Examples are Alanine and glycine.
Discussion of exercises of NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions Chapter 14
- As told earlier, there are 71 problems in the NCERT Exemplar Class 12 book. These questions have been purposefully categorized into different sections, such as multiple-choice questions of two types, short answer type questions, long answer type questions, matching type questions, assertion and reason type questions.
- The MCQs are of two types – type I and type II. Type I MCQs offer you four options, out of which only one is correct. Type II MCQs offer you four options, out of which 2 or more than 2 can be correct. You need to have an in-depth knowledge of the chapter for solving these questions aptly.
- Then comes the set of short answer type questions. These are a total of 69 in number. You need to write the answers in a crisp manner. The answers should contain the correct information.
- Matching type Exemplar problems are just 2 in number. You need to match items in column I to items in column II.
- There are 7 assertion and reason type questions. Either both assertion and reason can be true. Or both of them can be false. Also, anyone of them can be true, and the other one can be false.
- The 5 long answer type questions make you write the answers in a detailed, elaborate, well-explained manner. You have to support your answer with proper reasoning, logic, and theories.
Why use Instasolv’s NCERT Exemplar Problems with Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 14?
- Instasolv experts have designed this amazing solutions book NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions Chapter 14. You can revise your chapter by using this practice book.
- The answers are simple, straightforward, and easy to comprehend. Experts at Instasolv have followed the guidelines of CBSE. They have kept in mind the difficulties that you often face while preparing for the chapter.
- Problems in the NCERT Exemplar book can be quite overwhelming. In such times of confusion, you can refer to this practice book. The answers and solutions will provide you with a better grasp of the entire chapter.
- The questions will enable you to apply the concepts practically.
- The best part of the book is that you can have access to the information free of cost.
Revising your lessons using Instasolv’s NCERT Exemplar Problems with Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 14 is indeed a good idea and leads you to a good score in the Board exams.