NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 3 Solutions: Electrochemistry
NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions Chapter 3 – Electrochemistry is the ultimate practice book that you definitely need to use for scoring the best marks ever. The chapter of NCERT Class 12 Chemistry Exemplar covers topics like oxidation, direct redox reaction, indirect redox reaction, salt bridge, oxidation potential, and so on. The NCERT Problems in this chapter help you revise it thoroughly and prepare you well enough for your upcoming examinations. Once you have completed your NCERT Textbook, revising the chapter using NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions Chapter 3 is the best idea.
There are 68 problems in the NCERT Exemplar book. These questions have been categorized into different sections, such as MCQs, short answer type questions, matching type questions, assertion and reason type questions, and long answer type questions.
Instasolv provides correct answers and solutions to these Exemplar problems in the book NCERT Exemplar Problems Class 12 Chemistry Solutions for Chapter 3. The experts at Instasolv have prepared the solutions keeping in mind the CBSE guidelines. The solutions and answers are well explained and straightforward. Practising them regularly will definitely give you an edge over others.
Important topics for NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions Chapter 3 – Electrochemistry
- Oxidation: This is the process that involves the loss of electrons.
- Reduction: This is the process that involves a gain in electrons.
- Direct redox reaction: This process involves both oxidation and reduction reactions taking place in the same vessel. During a direct redox reaction, chemical energy gets converted into heat energy.
- Indirect redox reaction: During this process, the oxidation and reduction take place in different vessels. The chemical energy gets converted into electrical energy. The device using which this change takes place is known as an electrochemical cell.
- Salt bridge: The function of a salt bridge is to maintain electrical neutrality. It allows the flow of electric current by completing the electrical circuit.
- Types of electrode potential: The two types of electrode potential are as follows –
- Oxidation potential – It is the tendency of an electrode to get oxidized or lose electrons.
- Reduction potential – It is the tendency of an electrode to get reduced or gain electrons.
- SHE: SHE or standard hydrogen electron comprises a platinum wire, which is sealed in a glass tube and carries a platinum oil at one end.
- There are several other significant topics and concepts in the given chapter, which you need to go through thoroughly.
Discussion of exercises for NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions Chapter 3 – Electrochemistry
- There are a total of 68 questions. The questions have been divided into different sections – MCQs, short answer type questions, matching type questions, assertion and reason type questions, and long answer type questions.
- MCQs or multiple choice questions are of two types in the problems in the NCERT Exemplar book. There are a total of 27 MCQs in the book. Type I MCQs are 17 in number while Type II MCQs are 10 in number. The type I MCQs come with four options each. You have to choose the correct answer. There will be just one correct answer in type I MCQs. There can be two or more than two correct options in type II MCQs. You have to choose the correct answers accordingly.
- The next set of questions are short answer type questions. These are 22 in number. You need to answer them accurately in a crisp manner.
- Next comes the matching type questions. There are, in total, 6 matching type questions. You need to match the right options with each other.
- There are, in total, 10 assertion and reason type questions. Both the assertions and reasons can be false. Both the assertion and reason can be true. Either the assertion or the reason can be true. Either the assertion or the reason can be false.
- There are 3 long answer type questions. You need to write a long, elaborate, detailed answer to these questions. You have to support your answers with appropriate logic, reasoning, and explanation.
Why use Instasolv’s NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions Chapter 3 – Electrochemistry?
- While practising the problems in the NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry, you may find it difficult to solve Exemplar problems of NCERT Class 12 Chemistry for chapter 12.
- The Exemplar problems can get quite overwhelming at times because the questions are quite tricky.
- They enhance your aptitude level and skill set as well. You can refer to the NCERT Exemplar Problems and Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 12 prepared by our Subject Matter Experts.
- The experts have prepared the solutions in an easy and straightforward manner. You can revise your lesson using this practice book.
- You can complete your revision work all by yourself. You do not need the guidance of some teacher or tutor. On top of all, you can access these solutions free of cost.
- Revising chapter 3 from this book will definitely help you to score good marks in the CBSE Board Exams.