NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 5 Solutions: Surface Chemistry
NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions Chapter 5 – Surface Chemistry is your ultimate practice book. The chapter comprises topics like adsorption, adsorbate, and adsorbent, desorption, sorption, and so on. There are 81 problems in the NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry book. These questions have been divided into six sections – MCQs, short answer type questions, matching type questions, assertion and reason type questions, and long answer type questions.
You can rely upon this practice book in case you have any doubts or queries in the chapter. If you are not able to solve Exemplar problems of NCERT Class 12 Chemistry for chapter 5, then it is advisable to use the NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions Chapter 5.
Our experts have prepared the NCERT Exemplar Problems Class 12 Chemistry Solutions for chapter 5 in a properly structured manner. We have followed the guidelines of CBSE and the latest syllabus while preparing the answers to each question. We have kept in mind the difficulty level of the problems that we often come across while solving the Exemplar problems.
Important topics for NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions Chapter 5 – Surface Chemistry
- Adsorption: The accumulation of molecular species at the surface instead of the bulk of a liquid or solid is known as adsorption. It is a type of surface phenomenon.
- Adsorbent: This is the substance that is present in bulk. Adsorption takes place on this surface.
- Adsorbate: This substance gets adsorbed on another substance’s surface.
- Desorption: This is the process that involves removing an adsorbed substance from the surface on which it is adsorbed.
- Sorption: When absorption and adsorption take place simultaneously, it is known as sorption.
- Types of Adsorption: There are two main types of adsorption –
- Chemical adsorption
- Physical adsorption
- Factors affecting Adsorption of Gases on Solids: There are different types of factors that affect the adsorption of gases on solid –
- Nature of adsorbent
- Nature of adsorbate
- The pressure of the gas
- Specific area of the adsorbent
Discussion of Exercises of NCERT Exemplar Problems & Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry
- There are in total 81 problems in the NCERT Exemplar Class 12 book. The questions have been categorized into six sections – MCQs or multiple choice questions of type I and type II, short answer type questions, matching type questions, assertion and reasoning type questions, and long answer type questions.
- MCQs or multiple choice questions are of two types – type I and type II. These are 37 in number. Type I MCQs are 25 in number and type II MCQs are 12 in number. Type I MCQs provide you with 4 options. You need to select one correct answer among them. Type II MCQs can have 2 or more than 2 correct answers. You need to choose them accordingly.
- There are 29 short answer type questions in total. You need to write the correct answer in a crisp and brief manner.
- The 6 matching type questions have to be solved the matching the item in column I to the items in column II.
- There are 5 assertion and reason type questions. These questions can be quite tricky. Either both the reasons and assertions can be true. Or both the assertions and reasons can be false. Also, it is possible that the assertion is true, and the reason is false: or maybe the reason is true, and the assertion is false. You need to choose the right answer out of the given choices.
- There are 4 long answer type questions. You have to write a detailed, well explained, answer, and support it with proper theory, explanation, concepts, and reasoning.
Why use Instasolv’s NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions Chapter 5 – Surface Chemistry
- You can use the NCERT Exemplar Problems with Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 5 for revising your chapter. You may find it difficult to solve NCERT Exemplar problems of NCERT Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 5 all on your own.
- By referring to the NCERT Exemplar Problems with Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 5 you can have a very good understanding of the chapter. You will not need the help of any teacher or tutor.
- The experts at Instasolv have prepared the solutions keeping in mind the problems and difficulties that you often come across.
- Also, you can have access to these solutions free of cost.
- Revising the chapter from this book will definitely help you to achieve good marks.