NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Physics Chapter 13 Solutions: Nuclei
NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Physics Solutions Chapter 13 – Nuclei is the ultimate practice book that you should refer to whenever you are in doubt. Once you have completed your NCERT textbook, chapter 13 Physics, you will need a supplementary book that can provide you with some extra questions related to the chapter. These NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Physics gives you detailed knowledge of the topics and concepts of the chapter. The problems in NCERT Exemplar book cover topics like nuclear binding energy, the law of radioactivity decay, fission, nuclear reactor, energy generation in stars, and so on.
There are a total of 26 questions in this chapter. These tricky questions help you to prepare the chapter thoroughly. The questions have been divided into various sections, such as MCQs, short answer questions, long answer questions, and so on.
Instasolv’s NCERT Exemplar Problems Class 12 Physics Solutions for Chapter 13 can be extremely helpful for you. Experts have designed the answers and their solutions, keeping in mind the difficulty level. The solutions are as per the guidelines of CBSE. You can rely on this book to score the highest marks.
Important topics for NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Physics Solutions Chapter 13 – Nuclei
Chapter 13 of Physics of class 12 is all about Nuclei. You will get to know minute details about nuclei. There are several significant topics and concepts in the chapter which will give you deep insights into the world of nuclei. You will get to learn about various properties of nuclei. Following are some of the important topics provided in the chapter:
- Isotopes: When the atoms of an element have the same atomic number but different mass numbers, we call them as isotopes.
- Isotones: When the atoms of an element have the same number of neutrons in their nuclei, we call them as isotones.
- Isobars: When the atoms have the same mass number but different atomic numbers, we call them as isobars.
- Atomic mass unit: The atomic mass unit is an extremely small unit of mass and is defined as 1/12th of the mass of an atom.
- Binding energy per nucleon: It is the average energy that is necessary for extracting one nucleon from the nucleus.
- Natural radioactivity: Natural radioactivity is the process that involves the spontaneous transformation of an element into others. During this process, the emission of some particles or electromagnetic radiation also takes place.
- Radiation hazards:
- Radiation exposure can lead to detrimental genetic disorders.
- Exposure to slow and fast neutrons can lead to blindness.
- Exposure to protons, neutrons, and alpha particles can cause harm to the red blood cells.
- Extreme exposure to protons and neutrons can lead to damage to productive organs of the body.
- Cathode rays: If we apply a potential difference of 10 to 15 kV across the two electrodes of a discharge tube, and reduce the pressure to 0.01 mm, rays are emitted from the cathode. These rays are known as the cathode rays.
- Photoelectric effect: When the light of high frequency falls upon a metal surface, ejection takes place. This phenomenon is known as the photoelectric effect.
There are many other essential topics that you will come to know about in the book NCERT Exemplar Problems Class 12 Physics Solutions for Chapter 13. Going through the book is an excellent idea to brush up the concepts.
Exercise discussion of NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Physics for Chapter 13
- The NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Physics for Chapter – ‘Nuclei’ has 26 questions in total. These questions will test your understanding of the chapter.
- The questions are divided into categories –MCQs, very short answers or VSAs, short answers or SAs, long answers, or LAs.
- The 10 MCQ questions check your in-depth knowledge of the chapter. You will be given four options, and you need to choose the correct one.
- The VSAs are 5 in number. These are indirect questions that can be asked from any part of the chapter. You have to be well versed with each line, each sentence of the given chapter, to be able to answer these correctly.
- There are 5 short answer questions. These, too, will check your knowledge of the chapter. You need to provide a crisp and apt answer.
- The 6 long answer questions require you to answer them in an elaborate manner. You will have to use proper reasoning, examples, formulae, and logic to answer these questions.
- All the questions cover the different topics and concepts given in the chapter. These high aptitude questions will prepare you for facing the upcoming examinations.
Why use Instasolv’s NCERT Exemplar Problems and Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 14?
Instasolv has come up with NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Physics Solutions Chapter 13. This practice book can be beneficial for you. Problems in the NCERT Exemplar book can be overwhelming sometimes. You may feel the need for some tutor or teacher to help you out.
You can use NCERT Exemplar Problems and Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 13. It will clear all your doubts and cater to all your queries. To score well in the exam, you should only look up to NCERT Solutions and NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Physics Solutions as they are self-sufficient and cover the entire syllabus of CBSE. The solutions are prepared as such that you can solve all the Exemplar problems quite easily.