NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Physics Chapter 2 Solutions: Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance
NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Physics Solutions Chapter 2 focus on different properties of the electrostatic force. These NCERT Class 12 Physics Exemplar problems and solutions will give you a review of the significant points to recall about the chapter. Some of the main topics of the chapter are potential difference in a uniform electric field, a potential difference between a point at infinity and near point charge, electric dipole, vectors in electric potential, capacitor and storage of charge, a capacitor in parallel and hollow plates and uses of a capacitor.
The chapter contains 27 NCERT Exemplar Problems which are further divided into MCQs (13 questions), very short answers (5 questions), short answers type (5 questions), long answer type (10 questions). Instasolv helps to increase your confidence to solve derivations and numerical problems in the easiest possible way through NCERT Exemplar problems and solutions for class 12 physics chapter 2.
Important Topics for NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Physics Solutions Chapter 2 – Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance
Mechanics are the base of every chapter where we learn how energy plays an important role as a useful quantity to study electric force. This chapter of NCERT Class 12 Exemplar for Physics mainly helps you to understand the basic definition of electrostatic potential along with the contribution of potential energy. Important topics of this chapter are equipotential surfaces, capacitors, determining electrical field energy.
Electrostatics mainly focuses on forces between two charges at rest. However, if there is a force on any charge, how can it be at rest? Consequently, when we are discussing electrostatic force between charges, it ought to be comprehended that each charge is being kept at resting state by some undefined force that contradicts the net Coulomb force on the charge.
You must know that Electrostatic potential, V = work done (W)/charge (q). Its S.I unit is volt (V) and 1V=1 J/C.
In this chapter, you will also learn that a capacitor is designed to such an extent that it limits the electric field lines within a little area of a room. Subsequently, even though the field may have extensive strength, the potential distinction between the two conductors of a capacitor is very small.
You will also learn that an electric field is spasmodic over the outside of a circular charged shell. It is zero from inside and outside. Electric potential is, anyway persistent over the surface, equivalent to q/4uc R at the surface.
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Physics Solutions Chapter 2 – Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance
- There are 37 NCERT Exemplar problems in total that will ask you to solve numerical and derivations based on the potential difference between a point at infinity and near point charge, electric dipole, vectors in electric potential, capacitor and storage of charge.
- The first and second exercise involves MCQs part 1 and part 2 that include 13 NCERT Exemplar problems in total related to capacitor asking you to find out the amount of charge on a capacitor plate, the electric potential energy of charge, the electric potential on the surface of the charged conducting sphere, equipotential of a given distance and parallel plate conductor.
- The second exercise involves five questions asking you to solve problems related to charge density of spheres according to their size differences, free electrons, the potential difference between two adjacent conductors carrying similar charges and work done as per the electric field on a point charge.
- The third exercise includes five questions asking you to prove the statements related to the important phenomenon of the equipotential surface, the basic principle of the capacitor etc.
- The last exercise involves 10 questions asking you to solve numerical based problems over the different important phenomena of this chapter including quark model elementary particles, the capacitor at different arrangements (parallel or series), surface charge density and potential energy.
Why Use NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Physics Solutions Chapter 2 – Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance by Instasolv?
- NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Physics problems and solutions for chapter 2 incorporate point by point clarification that will help you understand the concepts better.
- Our subject matter excerpts prepare the Exemplar solutions as per the latest CBSE exam pattern so that you are well prepared for the exams.
- We have solved all the numerical problems stepwise and ensured that the answers are 100% accurate.
- Our solutions will clarify all your doubts immediately and will save you a lot of time.