NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Maths Chapter 1 Solutions: Number System
NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Maths Solutions for Chapter 1 are formulated to build up a strong understanding of the number system, its fundamental concepts, and applications. This chapter of NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Maths includes mathematical operations like subtraction, addition, multiplication, and division. It has 200 exercise questions.
The NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Maths Chapter 1 will not just teach you new concepts but will also help you revise the basics that you have learned in your previous classes. You will come across concepts like shifting digits, place value, comparing numbers, estimation and rounding off of digits, etc. Instasolv’s NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Chapter 1 will help you understand all these topics.
CBSE NCERT Class 6 Maths Exemplar Chapter 1: Number System is important for topics like algebra, integers, and geometry that you will study in higher classes. This chapter tackles all the essential information about numbering, placing commas, deriving the final answers after estimating the nearest decimal value, word numerals and the use of these concepts in the regular curriculum. The concepts like place value and face value have been explained in the chapter along with an emphasis on the usage of brackets and knowledge about the roman numerals.
Important Topics for NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Maths Solutions for Chapter 1
The NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Maths Solutions for Chapter 1 are prepared by Maths experts at Instasolv as per the current CBSE syllabus. The solutions will help you solve your doubts about the exercises quickly. They are a great time-saving option. You can practice the questions on your own and prepare well for your CBSE exams with the help of Instasolv’s NCERT Maths Exemplar Solutions for Class 6. Here is a short summary of Chapter 1: Number System.
Placement of commas and rounding off
Chapter 1 begins with the basic fundamentals of the number system which includes the placement of commas in a number of multiple digits depending upon the numeral format. The basics of rounding off the digits after the comma have also been discussed. Both these concepts play a vital role in further operations and the chapters that come further in the syllabus.
|How To Round Off A Number|
|Rounding Off a Number To The Nearest Tens||If the digit at ones place is less than 5, replace the digit at ones place with a 0 and the rest of the digits will remain the same.
If the digit at ones place is greater than or equal to 5, increase tens digit by 1 and replace the digit at ones place with a 0.
|Rounding Off a Number To The Nearest Hundreds||If the digit at tens place is less than 5, replace the digit at ones place and at tens place with 0 respectively and the rest of the digits will remain the same.
If the digit at tens place is greater than or equal to 5, increase the digit at hundreds place by 1 and replace the digit at ones and tens place with 0 respectively.
Ascending and descending order
The arrangement of figures based on their value, from the greatest to the smallest and vice versa has been dealt with in the chapter. This is more like a revision of the concepts which have been learned by the student in their previous classes.
The basic operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division have been included in the chapter. However, the bar has been raised by including word problems that require an understanding of the concepts and then solving them.
Number sequences, series, and other reasoning questions have also been added to the chapter. These aim at developing your analytical skills and apply logic along with the other concepts of the chapter to find answers to the problems. These questions put to use all the mathematical operations in a logic-driven space to tackle the problems.
Exercise Wise discussion of NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Maths Solutions for Chapter 1
- NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Chapter 1 will help you understand how to solve the Exemplar Exercises step by step. There are questions based on fundamental topics to gear you up for advanced topics.
- Also, there are reasoning exercises to enable you to think and use your logic to find the answers. Some of the questions will test your concepts of the numerals and the word format of the number system.
- NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Maths Chapter 1 comprises multiple-choice questions, word problems and fill in the blanks questions.
- The questions are interactive and will help you understand the Chapter easily. We are sure you will enjoy solving the NCERT Exemplar Exercises of Chapter 1.
Key Features of CBSE NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Chapter 1 by Instasolv
- CBSE NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Solutions for Chapter 1 ensure that all your doubts regarding the Chapter are cleared.
- The NCERT Exemplar Solutions Class 6 Mathematics Chapter 1 are prepared according to the latest CBSE syllabus for Class 6. You can trust every solution without the slightest hint of confusion.
- To score well in the exam, you should only look up to NCERT Solutions and NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Maths Solutions as they are self-sufficient and covers the entire syllabus of CBSE.
- Once you will go through Instasolv’s NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 1, it will become super easy for you to ace your CBSE exams.