NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Maths Chapter 3 Solutions: Integers
NCERT Exemplar Solutions Class 6 maths Chapter 3 ‘Integers’ will help you understand what negative numbers and positive numbers are. NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Maths Chapter 3 contains a comprehensive as well as a simple explanation of the concepts of zero, natural numbers, whole numbers, and their relation with integers. This chapter consists of 83 questions which are of diverse variety to help you practice comprehensively.
In this chapter, you will also be able to develop a better understanding of the number line by learning to plot the integers on it. The Chapter is designed in such a way that you will not only learn a new set of numbers, that is, Integers but you will also be able to revise the concepts learned in previous classes. The NCERT exemplar solutions will help you develop a strong base of number systems and will enable you to make comparisons between positive or negative integers. You will also learn to perform operations on integers such as addition, and addition with the help of number lines.
The subject matter experts at Instasolv have curated NCERT exemplar study material in such a manner that you will be able to quickly grasp the exercises. You will be able to score better marks in all your internal exams and final exams. At Instasolv, the Class 6 Maths Exemplar solutions are prepared to address all your doubts and provide you with a hassle-free, one-stop solution for all your problems.
Important Topics of NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Maths Solutions Chapter 3
The numbers which lie on the right side of the zero are greater than zero and are positive numbers. The numbers which lie on the left side of zero are smaller than zero and are known as negative numbers. Positive numbers are represented by a + sign before them and negative is represented by a – sign before them.
The collection of numbers that includes the set of positive numbers, zero, and negative numbers is known as integers. The ones which are positive and negative are termed as positive integers and negative integers respectively.
Therefore, it may be concluded that all the natural numbers, whole numbers, zero and negative numbers can be termed as an integer whereas all integers may not fall in these categories.
- Representation of Integer on the number line:
Draw a line and mark some equidistant points on it. Mark one point as zero and therefore the points on the right will be marked as +1, +2, +3 etc. or simply 1, 2, 3 and so on. The points on the left of the zero will be marked as -1, -2, -3 and so on.
- Ordering of Integers:
On a number line, the number increases as we move to the right and it decreases as we move to the left.
- Addition of Integers:
You add when there are two positive integers in the question. You should also add when there are two negative integers in the question, making sure the sum takes a negative sign before the number.
When you have one positive and one negative to add, you must always subtract, but the answer will take the sign of the bigger integer (ignoring the signs of the numbers, decide which number is bigger)
When a positive integer is added to the given integer, it becomes greater than its original value while when a negative integer is added to the given number, it becomes lesser than its original value.
- Additive Inverse:
The number which is added to the given number to make its value zero is known as its additive inverse
- Subtraction of Integers:
When a negative integer is subtracted from a given number, we get a greater integer. The subtraction of an integer is the same as the addition of its additive inverse.
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Maths Solutions Chapter 3
- NCERT Class 6 Maths Exemplar Solutions for Chapter 3 are so designed by the experts at Instasolv such that they cover all the segments of the chapter in a simple manner to help you with rigorous practice.
- The questions in this chapter 3 include exercises which have practical examples to make you understand negative numbers.
- The questions also make you practice the correct usage of signs for positive and negative integers. There are exercise questions based on all the topics such as representation on the number line, addition and subtraction of integers
- The syllabus of this chapter is covered in-depth, sticking to the latest trends of CBSE exam pattern with the help of the exercise questions.
- To score well in the exam, you should only look up to NCERT Solutions and NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions as they are self-sufficient and cover the entire syllabus of CBSE.
Why Use NCERT Exemplar Solutions Class 6 Maths Chapter 3 by Instasolv?
- NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 3 are very important from the exam perspective as they are designed, keeping in mind the latest CBSE exam patterns.
- At Instasolv, the exemplar solutions are prepared after comprehensive research on the topic and hence, they are a reliable source for your queries.
- We have a team designated especially to cater to all your needs related to the subject.
- The objective of the experts at Instasolv is to make the subject more interactive and interesting for you and therefore prepare a strong foundation for your advanced classes.
The NCERT Exemplar for Class 6 maths chapter 3 is designed in a language that is easy to understand and organised systematically so that you approach each topic step by step.