NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Maths Chapter 8 Solutions: Ratio and Proportion
NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 8 has been designed in order to fulfil all the requirements of the students while preparing for their CBSE exams. The NCERT Exemplar for Class 6 Maths Chapter 8 contains all the major fundamentals regarding the concepts of Ratio, Proportion, Antecedent, Consequent, means and other basics of the chapter. These form the foundation of Ratio and Proportion which will later help in building command on the advanced aspects of the chapter in future.
There are a total of 89 questions in chapter 8 of class 6 maths NCERT exemplar book. All these questions aim to assist you in developing a strong understanding of the topics which are covered in the chapter. These questions are related to finding proportions, conversion and simplifications of ratios and word problems regarding the same.
Chapter 8 “Ratio and Proportion” is an essential part of the CBSE class 6 syllabus and continues to stay in the syllabus for your senior classes as well. This chapter helps you in strengthening your logical skills through the exercises which make use of different concepts like area, geometry and other basic mathematical operations.
Important Topics of NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Maths Solutions Chapter 8
Antecedent and Consequent
These two are the basic terminologies of the chapter. The first term appearing in a ratio is known as the Antecedent whereas the second term appearing in the ratio is known as the consequent.
Conversions and Simplifications of a Ratio
The chapter also deals with the process of conversion of a ratio. This concept is widely used while solving the word problems. Simplification is another fundamental and basic concept. In it, the value of a ratio is brought down by dividing it with a number that has the antecedent and the consequent as its multiples.
Finding of a Ratio and Equation Formation
The chapter has numerous word problems which put your analytical and application skills to test. Finding the ratio is directly linked to the concept of equation formation. These equations vary according to the different concepts and operations according to the questions.
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Maths Solutions Chapter 8
- Chapter 8 of NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Maths comprises multiple-choice questions, pattern-based questions, word problems, analytical and reasoning questions.
- Questions 1 to 10 are objective type questions where you need to select one right answer out of the given options.
- In questions 11 to 15, you need to fill in the blanks related to proportions. Questions 16 to 24 are state true and false type.
- Then, questions 35 to 36 are also filling in the blanks type questions but you have to write an answer in such a way that the statement becomes true.
- Then, the remaining questions are of word problems type. These are quite tough and there are high chances of calculation mistakes in such questions.
Why Use NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Maths Solutions Chapter 8 by Instasolv?
- At Instasolv, we ensure that the solutions are framed in an informative and student-friendly manner. Our NCERT Exemplar Solutions Class 6 maths for Chapter 8 – Ratio and Proportion acts as a step by step guide for your better understanding and assistance in the course of learning
- Our team at Instasolv comprises experts who have remarkable experience in the subject and understand the requirements of the student.
- We have made sure that through our solutions you gain a firm hold on the basic fundamentals and core ideas of the subject along with a command on your analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Our NCERT Exemplar Solutions Class 6 maths Chapter 8 – Ratio and Proportion has been formulated according to the latest class 6 syllabus approved by the CBSE Board.
- We have paid attention to each and every problem that has been discussed in the chapter and have made sure that all your doubts are cleared while you engage with our solutions.