NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Chapter 1 Solutions: Food Where Does It Come From
NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Chapter 1 ‘Food Where Does It Come From’ will help you understand the question asked in each exercise of this chapter. There are a total of 4 exercises and 20 questions in NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions Chapter 1 (Food: Where Does It Come From?).
The chapter ‘Food: where does it come from’ of NCERT Exemplar Class 6 is very important as it provides a comprehensive study about the topics like food and its variety.
In Chapter 1 of NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science, we will study about food materials, sources of food, edible parts of plants, animal products as food, sprouted seeds, herbivorous, carnivorous, and omnivorous. We will also learn about a variety of food, food materials, and sources, plant parts and animal products as food, and animal food requirements to help you understand the different types of food and sources of food.
Exercise-wise Important Topics of NCERT Exemplar Solutions Chapter 1 (Food: Where Does It Come From?)
The main sources of food are plants and animal flesh. Food includes all the essential nutrients such as proteins, carbohydrates, fats, minerals, and vitamins. One of the most important features of food is sustainability. You will also study how food provides all the necessary nutrients and minerals to lead a sustainable life.
Next, there is a detailed discussion about Cell- which is the smallest unit of life, requires the continuous and rich supply of calories, nutrients, and minerals which can be obtained from food (plants and animals). You will learn that a good supply of food promotes better growth and development of our body and gives us the ability to fight from diseases.
Healthy and nutrient-rich food gives us energy, promotes growth, better mood, maintains body weight, boost fertility, combat stress, sharps memory, enhance immunity, gives good eyesight, strong bones, and teeth, foster muscles, and tissue repair, rich cell growth, promote the good and healthy development of brain and organs.
Sources of Food
Next, we will learn about Sources of Food. Please note that the main sources of food are plants and animals.
Plant food: Plant food includes the following:
- Fruits (such as banana, oranges, apple, mango, pomegranate, etc.)
- Root vegetables (such as potato, carrots, radish, and beet-root, etc.)
- Leafy vegetables (such as spinach, lettuce, etc.)
- Fruit vegetables (such as pumpkin, tomatoes, green chilies, etc)
- Stem vegetables (such as bamboo, shoots, asparagus and lotus cucumber, etc)
Edible Parts of Plants
Edible parts of plants can be defined as those parts of plants that can be eaten. The edible parts of plants are root, stem, leaves, fruit, and seed.
Animal Products as Food
The animal products that are used as the source of food are meat, fish, milk and other dairy products such as cheese, eggs, buttermilk, yogurt, ghee, creme, cottage cheese, and butter.
NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Chapter 1 Food Where Does It Come From?, we will also study about Herbivorous are those who are only dependent on plants for their food requirements. In simple terms, they eat only plants.
Example: Giraffe, Goat, Cow, and Deer.
Carnivores are those who are dependent only on animals for their food requirements. They eat herbivores. Example: Tiger, Leopard, and Hyena.
Omnivorous are those who are dependent on both plants and animals for their food requirements. In simple terms, they eat both plants and animals.
Example: Bear, Dog, and Humans.
To score well in the exam, you should only look up to NCERT Solutions and NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions as they are self-sufficient and cover the entire syllabus of CBSE.
About NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 1 Food Where Does It Come From provided by Instasolv:
- We instasolv provides NCERT Class 6th Science Exemplar along with questions and answers (including very short, short and long answers with exercise like fill in the blanks) related to the topic that helps you to prepare for your exams.
- We take extra care of quality by focusing on the core problems faced by students and help them to improve their analytical thinking and problem-solving ability by executing practical approaches and step by step solutions and guide.
- You can benefit by accessing all the study notes, key-points and answers for NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science provided at Instasolv, which helps students to perform best in their CBSE exams.
- All the questions and answers along with each exercise listed here are prepared by the subject matter experts. You follow the NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions Chapter 1 to understand the concept well and score excellent marks.
- We at Instasolv only provide conceptual learning rather than rote learning through live classes, subject tests, quizzes, and study notes.
- We have a team of expert subject matter experts who are dedicated and committed to their job and help every student efficiently.
- All the explanations, Concepts and Answers are designed after extensive research. All the notes and key-points mentioned here are trusted by many students.
NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions Chapter 1 ‘Food: where does it come from?’ contains all the information and in-depth details of the topic including its definition, sources, importance, and various features to assist students with better study modules and to aware them about the materials, variety, and sources of food.