NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Chapter 11 Solutions: Light Shadows and Reflection
All NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 6 Chapter 11 ‘Light Shadows and Reflections’ are available on Instasolv. In Chapter 11 NCERT Exemplar Solution, you will find 4 exercises carrying 20 questions and answers in total. Use these solutions to practice and understand Chapter 11 completely. NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Chapter 11 explains how we are able to see things in the presence of light or how light helps us perceive things around us through different phenomenons exhibited by it such reflections etc.
This NCERT Exemplar to chapter 11 is a guide to us to understand the straight-line path followed by the light with the help of various science experiments. There are certain objects through which light cannot be passed, these objects cast shadows on the screens that are present around them. All such topics of Chapter 11 are explained in our NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions in a very detailed manner.
These solutions are curated by our team of subject matter experts. You will not only find the NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 6 Chapter 11 but you will also see the Chapter summary briefly. Our NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Science Chapter 11 are the best choice as they are customized to cater to your learning needs, to clear your doubts and find the best answers to each exercise.
Important points of NCERT Class 6 Science Exemplar Chapter 11: Lights, Shadows and Reflections
- Light helps us see objects. We will understand how in the pointers ahead.
- The objects such as the Sun or the torch which have and emit the light of their own are known as Luminous objects.
- The light that is emitted by the luminous objects falls on the rest of the objects in the surrounding and is then sent to travel to our eyes, and this is how we can see objects with the help light.
- Transparent, translucent and opaque are the properties of an object which we have also studied in the previous chapter while grouping the objects.
- Transparent objects are the ones through which the light can pass, and therefore you are able to see through the transparent objects clearly.
- Opaque objects are the ones that do not let light pass through them, and hence you cannot see through the opaque objects at all.
- Translucent objects are the ones across which you might have a sensation of light but the objects across which are not visible clearly.
Shadows are formed when an opaque object does not let light pass across it. When the light from a source does not pass across an opaque object, it leaves a dark patch of more or less, the shape of the object. This dark patch is known as the shadow. Shadow is visible only on a screen.
The pinhole camera is based on the concept of shadows, where two cardboard boxes of one end open are used to build a camera. The larger box has a small hole made in it at the closed end, while you should cut a square of size 5 to 6 cm on the smaller cardboard on the closed end. Cover this square with a tracing paper which is translucent. Place the smaller box inside the larger one so you can slide it in and out. Cover the hole and yourself with a dark cloth when you look at the objects in bright sunshine with the pinhole pointing at them, the open end of the pinhole camera, you will find the inverted images of the objects on the translucent screen of the pinhole camera.
What we see in a plane mirror is an image reflected by the polished surface of the mirror. It has been explained by an activity that the mirror can change the direction of the light falling on it.
Path of Light
It should also be noted that the light always travels in a straight line.
NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions Chapter 11 – Question Discussion
- The NCERT Exemplar Questions are of different varieties and cover all the topics of the chapter comprehensively
- There are jumbled sentence exercises and sorting of different things into categories of opaque, translucent, transparent; and luminous and non-luminous
- This NCERT Exemplar also comprises of Exercises to elaborate subjective questions that are precise and also important from the exam point of view
- The NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 11 are prepared by the subject matter experts at Instasolv providing a comprehensive revision of the chapter
- It is very important for you to go through NCERT Exemplar Solutions in detail if you aspire to score exceptionally better in your exams
- The NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Chapter 11 by Instasolv is an adeptly curated study material for you to easily memorize the concepts.
- The CBSE NCERT Solutions & NCERT Exemplar prepared by Instasolv is Free of Cost!