NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Chapter 12 Solutions: Electricity and Circuits
In NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions for Chapter 12 we have covered 4 exercises carrying 23 questions in total. Chapter 12 of NCERT Exemplar for Science Class 6 will help you develop a basic understanding of the flow of electric current and its usefulness in our day to day lives. You will learn about the topics -’how we are able to light the bulbs and switch on the fans’.
In this chapter, we will also cover topics such as conductors, insulators, and how to bring these materials to maximum utility. With Instasolv’s NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions Chapter 12 you get error-free solutions to each question asked in the exercise of Chapter 12.
The CBSE NCERT Exemplar Solutions thoroughly cover each exercise of Chapter 12 which will help you boost your score in the exam. These Solutions will provide you with an extensive summary of the topic that you can use to revise the chapter before the exams. All the Solutions are prepared as per the current CBSE syllabus and exam pattern to help you understand how to write effective answers in the exams.
Key Points in NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions Chapter 12: Electricity and Circuits
- Electric Cell
We use electricity in our day to day lives to make our tasks easier. Electricity is produced by an electric cell by the chemicals stored in it. When these chemicals are completely used up, the electric cell can no longer produce electricity.
An electric cell consists of two terminals marked as positive and negative. The positive terminal is the metal cap while the end with a metal disc is the negative terminal.
- Electric Bulb
An electric bulb comprises of the filament which is attached to thicker wires which in turn are attached to the thick metal plates at the bottom of the bulb. The metal base and the metal tip of the bulb are two terminals of the bulb which are fixed in a manner to ensure that they do not touch each other.
- An Electric Circuit
An electric circuit is an arrangement where a path for the electric current is provided to flow between the positive and negative terminal of a cell. When the terminals of the bulb are connected to the terminals of the electric cell, a circuit is completed and the bulb glows. In an electric circuit, the flow of the current is from the positive terminal to the negative terminal.
Sometimes when the bulb does not glow despite making a complete circuit, the bulb might be fused. The reason for a fused electric bulb could be a break in the filament since it breaks the circuit.
- Electric Switch
An electric switch is a simple device that completes an electric circuit to let the current flow from the positive terminal to the negative terminal. The switches used in your homes work on the same principle though they may have more complex designs.
- Electric Conductors
Materials that allow the electric current to pass through them are known as electric conductors. The study of the electric conductors is important to help us make the most efficient switches, electrical plugs, and sockets. The human body is also an electric conductor, therefore one must be cautious while handling electrical appliances.
- Electric Insulators
The materials which do not allow the electric current to pass through them are known as electric insulators. Study of the electric insulators is important to help us cover electrical wires, plug tops, switches and other parts of electrical appliances that you might touch
NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Chapter 12 Questions-Discussion
- The NCERT Exemplar Chapter 12 questions are in themselves a complete insight of the Chapter – ‘Electricity and Circuits’ as they include theoretical as well as practical questions
- The fill in the blanks and true or false questions of the NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Chapter 12 have one-word answers
- This CBSE NCERT Exemplar Chapter 12 Solutions not only consists of situational questions but such questions are discussed in the form of diagram exercises to help you grasp the concepts of electric current and electrical circuits
- Our subject matter experts have prepared the in-depth answers to each question that will help you improve your score
- Various objective and subjective exercise Solution provided in the NCERT Exemplar that will help you in rigorous revision
- We also provide you with Solutions in the form of a diagram to have a visual understanding of the electricity and circuits
- The Instasolv team ensures that all your queries are taken into consideration in very simple language to save time
The CBSE NCERT Solutions & NCERT Science Exemplar Solutions at Instasolv is also a one-stop for all the possible doubts that might occur while reading the chapter- ‘Electricity and Circuits’