NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Chapter 14 Solutions: Water
NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions for Chapter 14 ‘Water’ is one of the important sources to prepare well for the CBSE exams. NCERT Class 6 Science Exemplar Chapter 14 has 4 exercises with 22 questions. In this chapter, we will cover topics such as water, its sources, potable water, availability of water, and water conservation, etc.
NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions for Chapter 14 will help in clearing your doubts and prepare you to score well in the exams. NCERT Exemplar Books strictly adhere to the CBSE curriculum due to which they are the most prominent source of study material and are capable enough to crack not just CBSE exams but also all other competitive exams as well. NCERT Exemplar Book for Class 6 Science Solutions are prepared by the subject matter experts with practical approaches to aid students in-depth learning.
In Chapter 14, you will study topics such as water and its importance, water consumption, sources of water, water cycle, clouds, and its formation, heavy rains, causes occurred due to disturbance in precipitation (rain), water conservation and rainwater harvesting to provide students in-depth detail of water and its importance and to aware them about the water scarcity.
Exercise-wise Important Topics for NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Chapter 14
Chapter 14 of NCERT Exemplar for Class 6 includes all the information related to water along with its importance, consumption, uses and sources to aid students about the various processes occurring on earth and to aware students of water conservation.
Water is a colourless, odourless and tasteless chemical substance found all over the earth. Water covers about 71 percent off all the Earth’s surface. Earth is known as the blue planet. It helps the human body to regulate its temperature and maintain other bodily functions.
We will also learn that, the extra water in plants is moved out through leaves into air in the form of water vapour and this process is known as Transpiration.
Importance of Water
Water availability: The water availability is about 71 percent on earth. A large part of the earth is covered by water but all that available water is not potable due to the high percentage of salt present in it.
The percentage of fresh water on earth is 2.5 to 2.75%. The main sources of freshwater are rivers, lakes, and ponds. Saline water in the ocean makes up about 97 percent of all the water on earth, only 2.5, 2.75 percent is freshwater.
The main sources of freshwater are Rivers, lakes, ponds, and wells. The daily uses of water include cooking, drinking, washing clothes. Water consumption can be defined as the total amount of water consumed per individual.
We will also cover an important topic named ‘Water Cycle’. The water cycle can be defined as a movement or circulation of water from ocean and earth surface to atmosphere. It is a continuous process also known as the hydrological cycle.
The continuous movement of water into nature is known as the water cycle. In this cycle, water moves from ocean and earth surface to atmosphere in the form of vapour and returns as rain. It is also known as the hydrological cycle. This cycle maintains the supply of water on land.
Clouds are formed when the water vapour turns into liquid droplets. The water evaporated from the water streams due to heat and the moisture in the air goes through the condensation process and forms clouds.
The freshwater level is decreasing because the demand for water is increasing with the rising population so we need to conserve our freshwater resources and need to stop wasting water
We can conserve water by doing the following practices:
- Avoid unnecessary usage.
- Close running taps while brushing.
- Use rainwater for washing cars, and in gardening.
- Take shorter baths.
- Track your water consumption.
Our country India receives most of the rainfall after the summer season, also known as monsoon season. Rainwater is the water that is taken up by the clouds by the process of evaporation and reaches back to land.
The method of collecting rainwater is called rainwater harvesting. In this method, we collect rainwater on the rooftop to a storage tank. The best way to conserve freshwater is by rainwater harvesting. It is a process of collecting rainwater on the rooftop of a storage tank through a pipe and then later we can use this water in an agriculture field or gardens etc.
The process of rooftop rainwater harvesting involves the following:
- In the process of rooftop rainwater harvesting, the rainwater is collected on the rooftop.
- The collected rainwater is allowed to pass through pipes into the storage tank at the ground level.
- The collected water goes through a filtration process and can be used for various water required activities.
NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Chapter 14 Exercise Question-Discussion
- The Exemplar Solutions of the Chapter ‘Water’ has 4 exercises with questions based on various topics
- This NCERT Exemplar exercise solutions will help you to practice well for the CBSE exams
- These solutions are detailed and 100% error-free
- These exercises have situational questions and require you to give solutions and examples from your practical life. The Exemplar solutions provide you with precise, on-point answers according to the demand of the questions
- These exercise questions are based on all the natural phenomenon explained in the chapter such as the occurrence of droughts, formation of clouds, etc
- The fill in the blanks and match the columns present in the exercise will help you in making your concepts strong
- NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Chapter 14 Solutions plays an important part during revision, as you get all the solutions at one place.
- To score well in the exam, you should only look up to NCERT Solutions and NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions as they are self-sufficient and covers the entire syllabus of CBSE.
We, the team of Instasolv, provides Chapter-wise, step by step solutions along with the explanation of all the NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Questions for Science. Our NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Science Solutions of Chapter 14 will aid you in learning the concepts and new topics of the Chapter ‘Water’ efficiently.